Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411572 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 11:35:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingKemrang - Puzzle Game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Kemrang - Puzzle Game  (Read 1152 times)
Human Road
Level 0

Nazana Games

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2010, 03:48:58 AM »

KEMRANG
A short mind teasing puzzle game.

Kemrang is a puzzle game in which you have to collect stars by coloring objects present around. The game contains 15 levels (including 3 bonus levels). Instructions are provided within the game.

Screenshots
More

Details
Created for Game Jolt's minimal contest. The game has minimal graphics (with minimal colors) and minimal controls (mouse only). It was created in a week and due to unavailability of time, I couldn't add much to it (and I am too lazy to add now).

Requires Windows (2000,Me,XP,Vista or later).
File size: 4.5 MB (zip file)
Starts in fullscreen but can be changed to windowed mode.
Extract zip before playing.

Download
You can play or download the game via Game Jolt or Yoyogames.

Feedback
I have been getting extremely positive as well as extremely negative feedbacks. I want to hear what does this community has to say. Smiley

hewwo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 05:30:08 PM »

i really enjoyed this game.  i think it would work great with a touch screen device too.

my gripes: there were only 2 stages that really challenged the player.  You had some stages that were completable in 2 clicks.  those were pretty satisfying though.  i felt smart thinking of all the youngins that would try to complicate it.  the most challenging for me was stage 9.  i love the mix of catching stars and puzzle play, and the last bonus level was a nice variant too.

i think this makes a pretty rad casual game given your limits for the contest and all that.  a more organized twist on reversi.  i'd leave it as is, very charming.  i love it.

i know you wouldn't add any extra features, but if you did, a level editor would be nice.  i thought of something like N where you can create a level and use the generated code to play it over, only have a simpler way to do it.  then you could have a way to share levels.

Human Road
Level 0

Nazana Games

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 06:44:54 AM »

Thanks for trying out the game. Glad you liked it.  Smiley

I love the mix of catching stars and puzzle play, and the last bonus level was a nice variant too.
I thought it was the major drawback of the game. But you enjoyed it.  Smiley

I liked the level editor idea, I will try it for my next game.

it would work great with a touch screen device too.
One of my dreams  Grin

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic