Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411609 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58448 Members - Latest Member: NESIA

May 09, 2024, 07:37:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralIs tigsource dead?
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Is tigsource dead?  (Read 5823 times)
Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2023, 05:12:09 PM »

All communities lose steam over time. I do tend to lurk but life made me a busy man… I cannot be as active as I once were, unfortunately.
There are still good posts. Each time I pass by, I still see people trying to share their games and dev tricks.  Beer!
So, as the old saying goes…

DISCUSS  GentlemanHand Metal Right

Golds
Loves Juno
Level 10

Juno sucks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2023, 09:39:34 PM »

Glad to see you're still around, Guert!

@doomlaser, mark johns
Rudolf Kremers
Level 1

Grow!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2024, 01:37:00 AM »

Well, I thought I'd check it out after being absent for ages, and missing indie-forum culture. Not a fan of transient nature of other social media.

So, how dead is it here?
I'm happy to start posting again if there are a few peeps here. Maybe even old friends!

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2024, 02:57:34 PM »

Pretty dead but keep an eye out, for something that might be a thing, possibly this year, maybe

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
awetos
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2024, 02:57:46 PM »

I'm a relatively new member (joined last year) and I like the "slowness" here. I like to click the "show posts unread since you last came" and it's just short enough that I can see most of them instead of being overwhelmed.

I feel like you can get lost in a big community like discord. I think people use twitter, tiktok, gamejolt, reddit, itch.io, steam and youtube now and build communities around an existing game being developed, so I think there's definitely an active and huge gamedev community elsewhere. But there's something cozy about forums and I quite like it being smaller so you can know people better and you can stumble upon new devlogs. I think a forum feels more personal, while social media feels more like marketing for your game.
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2024, 09:38:26 AM »

Pretty dead but keep an eye out, for something that might be a thing, possibly this year, maybe
Blink

alvarop
Level 9

ignorant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2024, 11:05:16 AM »

still lurking from time to time  Noir

i make games that can only ever be played once on http://throwaway.fun
Alex N.
Level 1

game dev!? so you play all day?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2024, 01:14:48 AM »

Blink new game who dis?!

I'm a relatively new member (joined last year) and I like the "slowness" here. I like to click the "show posts unread since you last came" and it's just short enough that I can see most of them instead of being overwhelmed.
absolutely! Big fan of this also, that's why I'm saying small communities are always better.

What did the "golden age" mean to you guys?
People being excited about each others games. It still happens, I believe or really hope so, I haven't posted anything game related in years, but for me that was the reason I fell in love with this place. It really helped me push through some dark times, as corny as it sounds, it's one of the pillars of my continuous pursuit of making games.

I checked out a few places before deciding to lay roots here.  A lot of these places have a a culture of negativity, and not in a constructive way.  I think they are more after a reaction or upvotes than actually helping each other.
Yas queen! "fingersnap" I hate this new culture with a passion, there is no honesty, vulnerability, only this gross, make you wanna cringe-curl into the shower cabin, facade.
I hope tig won't ever get infected by this plague and will keep fostering what it did so far. But i guess it's up to us to keep it that way Gentleman

I do tend to lurk but life made me a busy man… I cannot be as active as I once were, unfortunately.
I feel you man. However tig feels like a good old friend, you can be MIA for years and still come back whenever like you never left in the first place. Cheers to this community, you lovely, lovely weirdos. Feels like home! Beer!

2D Artist & Animator - https://www.behance.net/AlexNae

I used to be here often:
The Underground King  > https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=60979
Game Of Foot  > https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=58338.0
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic