Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411579 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 12:57:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDelver
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 179
Print
Author Topic: Delver  (Read 783398 times)
DecoyOctopus
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: April 07, 2014, 09:12:41 AM »

I was checking the thinks to do list on the first page and combat revamp was on it. Wouldn't it be cool if combat was like the first 2 elderscroll games were you used the mouse and dragging the cursor across the screen to attack.
7Soul
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3321 on: April 07, 2014, 09:35:43 AM »

What's going on with these crazy lines?
http://puu.sh/7ZFYa.png
http://puu.sh/7ZG2h.png

Also, how can I add the skybox to my map? I wanted a room where you can see the sky, but using the "sky" texture only results in blackness, making a level and making the settings identical to the "Camp" level doesn't do it either

It looks like the grid mesh has gone crazy. Maybe due to loading multiple levels?

The skybox is controlled via the data/dungeons.dat file, there's an entry in there like this:

Code:
skybox: { meshFile: "meshes/sky.obj", textureFile: "sky.png" }

Yeah, I copied everything the "Camp" part of dungeons.dat and just replaced the map name, and still the sky shows up just black:
http://puu.sh/7ZJbN.jpg

The code:
Code:
{
class:com.interrupt.dungeoneer.game.Level,
dungeonLevel:0,
levelName:"CAMP",
darkness:1,
fogStart:4,
fogEnd:40,
fogColor: { r:0.2,g:0.2,b:0.6},
skyLightColor: { r:0.15,g:0.15,b:0.3},
viewDistance: 40.0,
theme:"OUTDOOR",
generated:false,
wallPainter: { "0": [0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 7, 11], "11": [11, 11, 0] },
floorPainter: { "2": [2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 12, 33] },
ceilPainter: { "1": [1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 32] },
levelFileName:"levels/outdoors.dat",
spawnMonsters: false,
skybox: { meshFile: "meshes/sky.obj", textureFile: "sky.png" },
music:"start_03.ogg",
actionMusic:"chase_ruins.ogg",
loopMusic:false,
ambientSound:"env_outdoor.ogg",
ambientSoundVolume:"0.5"
},

Joshua
Level 5

Be rad to one another!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3322 on: April 07, 2014, 09:37:58 AM »

You could also fake it using the sky mesh, if you only need just a little bit of sky (say through a window or sky light.

7Soul
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3323 on: April 07, 2014, 09:55:41 AM »

You could also fake it using the sky mesh, if you only need just a little bit of sky (say through a window or sky light.
Hmm, that came close: http://puu.sh/7ZKxu.jpg But the fog makes the sky darker, even if I set it to "fullbrite"

Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3324 on: April 07, 2014, 11:09:00 AM »

Hmm, that came close: http://puu.sh/7ZKxu.jpg But the fog makes the sky darker, even if I set it to "fullbrite"

Can you share that level and your dungeons.dat file? I could take a look into what's causing your sky not to show.
7Soul
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3325 on: April 07, 2014, 11:39:38 AM »

Can you share that level and your dungeons.dat file? I could take a look into what's causing your sky not to show.

Sure: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3954039/Temp/assets_7soul.rar

Reise92
« Reply #3326 on: April 07, 2014, 01:28:23 PM »

Try opening up your level.dat in a text editor and adding this line:
Code:
skybox:{meshFile:meshes/sky.obj,textureFile:sky.png},
Sorry, I have no idea how to do it through the editor and I've been messing around trying to figure this out for a while and found no other way...

Edit: Make sure you don't have any hand placed sky meshes by any other means, or adding that line will cause a crash!
It's also possible you need to paste it right before isLoaded:true,
You should probably make a backup before trying this.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 02:05:03 PM by Reise92 » Logged
7Soul
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3327 on: April 07, 2014, 02:09:22 PM »

^ that did it

Now we just need a debug option, with noclip, invulnerability, console, etc

Edit: Just found out about debug mode ^^
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 03:34:27 PM by 7Soul » Logged

7Soul
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3328 on: April 07, 2014, 10:08:20 PM »

I found a problem with modding. For the files entities.png, items.png, particles.png and sprites.png, if I increase the size of the image it causes my game to crash. Debugging it gave me this error message:

Code:
DelverLifeCycle: LibGdx Create
DelverLifeCycle: Created GL1.0 Renderer
Exception in thread "LWJGL Application" com.badlogic.gdx.utils.GdxRuntimeException: java.lang.ArithmeticException: / by zero
        at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication$1.run(LwjglApplication.java:113)
Caused by: java.lang.ArithmeticException: / by zero
        at com.interrupt.dungeoneer.gfx.TextureAtlas.generateAtlas(TextureAtlas.java:66)
        at com.interrupt.dungeoneer.gfx.TextureAtlas.load(TextureAtlas.java:61)
        at com.interrupt.dungeoneer.gfx.GlRenderer.initTextures(GlRenderer.java:247)
        at com.interrupt.dungeoneer.gfx.GLRenderer10.init(GLRenderer10.java:58)
        at com.interrupt.dungeoneer.GameManager.init(GameManager.java:84)
        at com.interrupt.dungeoneer.GameApplication.create(GameApplication.java:32)
        at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication.mainLoop(LwjglApplication.java:127)
        at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication$1.run(LwjglApplication.java:110)

Resizing textures.png only causes a problem if the size isn't power of 2

I was having problems running the mod DMC because of this, and I talked to Reise92 and he said no one ever mentioned a problem like this

Already tried re-installing the game, going in and out of the beta and checked my java version (is up to date)

Edit:
Tested that ultra-high texture pack mod, and it runs! (although my crappy gpu causes most of it to show up as pink, some of the textures show up) So... no idea what's up with that
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 10:17:45 PM by 7Soul » Logged

Skizomeuh
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3329 on: April 08, 2014, 03:21:54 AM »

Random questions:
- how many rooms the procedural level builder is playing with, currently?
- If I read well, it seems one can add rooms to the pool through the level editor, am I right?
- Is it planned to integrate Steam Workshop so players could subscribe easily to mods and such?

- From all the skills only two are still quite vague for me: between "speed" and "agility" which one is manipulating weapon movement, and which one is manipulating the character movement?

Thanx.
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3330 on: April 08, 2014, 07:10:38 AM »

I found a problem with modding. For the files entities.png, items.png, particles.png and sprites.png, if I increase the size of the image it causes my game to crash.

You can resize those images, but they will at least need to stay at the same aspect ratio if you're not touching anything else. If you want to change how many images fit on a row, then there's a 'data/spritesheets.dat' file that tells the game how many columns of images each sprite sheet should have. Your probably resizing them in such a way that the math to split them apart doesn't work anymore right now.

Example:

Code:
{
        "filename": "particles.png",
        "columns": 8,
        "scale": 1,
        "name": "particle"
}

Random questions:
- If I read well, it seems one can add rooms to the pool through the level editor, am I right?
- Is it planned to integrate Steam Workshop so players could subscribe easily to mods and such?

- From all the skills only two are still quite vague for me: between "speed" and "agility" which one is manipulating weapon movement, and which one is manipulating the character movement?

Thanx.

Speed is for normal player movement, agility is for weapon swings and how long charging attacks takes.
7Soul
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3331 on: April 08, 2014, 12:51:07 PM »

I found a problem with modding. For the files entities.png, items.png, particles.png and sprites.png, if I increase the size of the image it causes my game to crash.

You can resize those images, but they will at least need to stay at the same aspect ratio if you're not touching anything else. If you want to change how many images fit on a row, then there's a 'data/spritesheets.dat' file that tells the game how many columns of images each sprite sheet should have. Your probably resizing them in such a way that the math to split them apart doesn't work anymore right now.

That's the thing. One of my tests was taking particles.png and increasing the height by 32 and that caused the error.

Random questions:

The Dungeon has 89 rooms
The Cave has 42 rooms
The Sewers has 43 rooms

Yes

Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3332 on: April 09, 2014, 06:50:56 AM »

That's the thing. One of my tests was taking particles.png and increasing the height by 32 and that caused the error.

I think the issue here really is the power of two thing, some graphics cards don't support non power of two textures and are returning 0 for the width and height when I try to inspect the image that was just loaded.
7Soul
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3333 on: April 09, 2014, 09:58:37 AM »

I think the issue here really is the power of two thing, some graphics cards don't support non power of two textures and are returning 0 for the width and height when I try to inspect the image that was just loaded.

That would make sense. My GPU is integrated and is pretty much sucks.
But yeah, I make games using Construct 2, and in there if I use non power of 2 texture on some stuff it shows up distorted. So that might be a thing

7Soul
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3334 on: April 09, 2014, 11:33:06 AM »

Found a bug
I ran into this slope at this angle while under the effect of a scroll of haste and I got stuck:

Managed to reproduce a few other times, and I get unstuck after a while (time varied from a second to over 10 seconds)

It's from a room I made

EDIT: this actually seems to happen a lot around the sewers when using the scroll of haste.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 06:27:09 PM by 7Soul » Logged

gnarz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3335 on: April 11, 2014, 01:25:05 AM »

@Interrupt so basically you're saying, the current beta will be on humble, right? What about the future? I bought the game because there was a DRM free version (and it looked interesting, of course...). I would not have bought it had it been steam only, or steam-mucho-preferred-drm-free-version-sits-on-the-backburner...

Yeah, when the current beta goes live it will get pushed to Humble, Android, and Kindle. Right now Steam is the best way to distribute the stuff that's potentially game breaking to a small subset of people, there's not really a way to do that via Humble.

So I take it that announcing a new update in the steam announcement forums and making it available outside of the beta subscription does not count as "going live"? What does, then?
CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #3336 on: April 12, 2014, 11:45:21 AM »

I decided to buy this game after the big graphics overhaul. It's simply gorgeous.

I do have an issue however, with the game stuttering in various locations. It didnt do this on the first day that I had it, but it has every other time i've played. It's not like the fps drops or anything, it stays smooth, but when i'm moving about the dungeon i'll repeatedly jump forward  a few "inches" every couple of seconds, it's quite a distraction. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
retrostark
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3337 on: April 12, 2014, 12:03:30 PM »

Finally after about a year since discovering Delver I decided to give it a try and throw some money at it Hand Joystick

Toast LeftWizardHand Metal Left
retrostark
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3338 on: April 12, 2014, 12:09:23 PM »

Alrighty, well now I have got it downloaded it and attempted to launch it, every time I come up with this error.

I went to the link and tried what they recommended doing and still every time came up with the error, also I am running on a Mac.

Toast LeftWizardHand Metal Left
Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #3339 on: April 13, 2014, 08:19:53 AM »

Alrighty, well now I have got it downloaded it and attempted to launch it, every time I come up with this error.

I went to the link and tried what they recommended doing and still every time came up with the error, also I am running on a Mac.
Yay new experiences

Try downloading Java...
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 179
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic