Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 02:36:57 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallDe Toren
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: De Toren  (Read 1387 times)
rocketfactory
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: May 31, 2009, 05:52:34 PM »

A puzzle-platformer. Climb the tower, uncover the mystery.

There are stories...an urban legend of sorts with a twist of truth to them - of people going to sleep one night, and then waking up in a bizarre, surreal world. After getting their bearings, they always find that they are at the base of a huge tower, which appears to go on forever. Those who have survived this ordeal all say that upon seeing the tower, they were struck with the urge to climb it, as if their very survival depended on it.

However, attempting to probe any deeper into what happened to these poor souls during their ascent up the tower always leads to the same thing - a glassy stare into nothingness, and the same monotone phrase muttered over and over again until a sedative can be administered:

"De Toren."

Get it from www.editmodegames.com. Please give it a go and let me know what you think.

www.editmodegames.com
-a pixelated mess-
pgil
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 09:33:28 AM »

Downloading now... Though you might want to find a better host. There are tons of free hosts that don't make you go through eight pages to download something...
pixelatron
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 11:42:40 AM »

You know, I ended up playing this for *much* longer than I thought I was going to. It's actually a pretty neat concept.

All I would say is: does it need the countdown timer, and the falling anvils, and all that sort of stuff? Seems like it might work equally well/better as a pure puzzler -- i.e. just find the route to the end. That's why I liked level 13. Short, sweet, and the ability to take alternate routes to the end if you use yer noggin.

And pleeeease stick to the ethereal music from level 3. Wink

rocketfactory
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 08:56:53 PM »

Thanks for the feedback. That's an interesting idea, taking out the action elements. I have had thoughts about such things...sequel or spinoff maybe?  Grin

www.editmodegames.com
-a pixelated mess-
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic