Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 04:37:46 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhall9 Hour Game: Drag Copter
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 9 Hour Game: Drag Copter  (Read 1822 times)
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« on: June 07, 2009, 05:47:45 PM »

Another shorty for my homies. 
note: Once this got finished I realized how much this is like a cheap ripoff of Messhof's recent helicopter game.  Didn't mean to be such a hack, my apology.

http://willhostforfood.com/?Action=download&fileid=69339

Be a drag-queen gunship pilot sprinkling drag-dust on the depressed, repressed, closeted salarymen of a concrete jungle.  Avoid the missiles, be amazing

Au Sable/AOOFAD fans please don't worry that I've forgotten you, Au Sable is taking its time to be made as everything I want it to be.  I'm developing these games in order to experiment with elements I need to learn more about that I'm incorporating into Au Sable.  Consider it experimentation with an entertaining end result.
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 09:09:16 PM »

now vista'd. my bad

http://willhostforfood.com/?Action=download&fileid=69362
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 03:43:13 AM »

Sad nobody likes it?  aowh shucks.
genericuser
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 05:31:58 AM »

I tried it; it's fun!

However, I noticed some things that could need some improvement(if you decide to work on it again):

• The helicopter control; it was slow when moving left/right, while it was much quicker to go up/down. IMO, it should be the opposite way.
  • The "glam dust" dropping; instead of dropping the dust from the sky(like you probably intended), I found it kinda more efficient to go down to the ground and drop it at close range.
  • There's not much else to do. It's not really a problem, though...

Not bad for 9 hours, though  Wink
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 03:53:49 PM »

Hm I appreciate the feedback, and I agree. The more I play this the more I think it feels a little lacking, even for a microgame.  I have a few more things I need to test for Au Sable so I'll probably make one more silly micro-game.

I'm thinking of bundling them all into a 4-in-one multicart bootleg zip with with a cool print-quality collage painting of all 4 games, and some mp3's.  Sound worthwhile? Other suggestions for cool stuff?
Xom
Level 0

Is amused.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 11:09:47 AM »

Would it be too much of a hassle to maybe combine them all into a single game? Kind of like those old-school compilations where you get to pick between Sonic 2, some frustrating racing game, some jewel thing and Golden Axe? That would be neat.

Heh. Kinda reminds me of the Game Pig in System Shock 2.
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 01:33:56 PM »

ooh not a bad idea!  well heck, I can always try cant I?  worst case scenario, bundling them all together won't work and I'll have to do it the regular way

Dang i like yer style xom
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic