Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411583 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 05:28:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralMovies
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 87
Print
Author Topic: Movies  (Read 175194 times)
Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2011, 04:45:17 PM »

Watched Reservoir Dogs, beginning bored me to tears, but once the actual plot kicked into gear I started paying attention again. Definitely not my favorite Tarantino flick- currently that's Kill Bill Volume 1.

Aw, man, Kill Bill is my least favorite of his films. To really get the most out of Tarantino, you have to enjoy his dialogue. Smiley

Derek, this is why I have a shrine to you in my garage.

Haha, just joking  Tongue

or am I
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2011, 06:04:52 PM »

Watched Reservoir Dogs, beginning bored me to tears, but once the actual plot kicked into gear I started paying attention again. Definitely not my favorite Tarantino flick- currently that's Kill Bill Volume 1.

Kill Bill is my least favorite of his movies and Reservoir Dogs is my favorite by far. I think I'm going to watch that movie tonight actually...

saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2011, 06:29:20 PM »

Saw Poolhall Junkies last night. There's nothing really great about it, but it's good for a Netflix night with some friends.
Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2011, 03:01:31 AM »

I'm torn between Pulp Fiction and Four Rooms for my favorite Tarantino movie. As much as I do love Reservoir Dogs, it probably is my least favorite.
fraxcell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2011, 07:32:44 AM »

Watched Drunken Master last night. Halfway though the movie, I thought thought "Hey, that's Derek Yu!"

BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2011, 07:44:21 AM »

I just saw Super 8. It's cinematography was excellent, beautiful. It awed me. The characters and settings were excellent, and ILM didn't disappoint. The story got a bit too scifi than I would have liked though...  Giggle... The film felt like it would have been more engaging and genuine if they left it more down-to-earth. Oh well! Remarkable movie otherwise.

Theophilus
« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2011, 03:22:06 PM »

for some reason, I had no idea Terrentino was doing a spaghetti western. I am so psyched.

IS HE?!

Corny Laugh
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2011, 03:40:39 PM »

Read my previous post, the movie is going to be called Django Unchained. Rumor has it he's actually going the whole nine yards and shooting it in Almeria, Spain, where the bulk of 60s spag westerns were shot and that Franco Nero is going be in it.

The script has already leaked but I haven't read it (and have no interest to). Apparently, the main character is going to be a black slave who manages to break free from his masters and takes revenge on them or sth. As a fan of the genre, I'm extremely hyped for this. If any director can pull of a modern spag western, it's Tarantino.
Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2011, 07:05:51 PM »

Aw, man, Kill Bill is my least favorite of his films. To really get the most out of Tarantino, you have to enjoy his dialogue. Smiley

That's why Jackie Brown is my favorite Tarantino film.

Theophilus
« Reply #89 on: July 10, 2011, 11:25:20 AM »

Roller Boogie. ...
Sabby
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 19, 2011, 01:32:04 PM »

I saw Sucker Punch recently, and it was actually quite enjoyable.
James McCloud
Level 3

I can't art

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 19, 2011, 03:57:22 PM »

THE WARRIORS
I've seen this movie twice, and it was a long time a go.  I remember loving it though.
I need to see it again.

[Yay!  Two blocks!]

This is me on steam.

Hey look!  My blog's gone again!  Ain't that somethin?

I really need a better sig :\
johnjamie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 19, 2011, 11:01:33 PM »

Hi,

Movies I've seen, at least the youtube trailers and which look nice from them are;

Room 1408
Frequency
Lakehouse
Johnny mnemonic
John Constantine
Unbreakable
Priest
Van Helsing
Hellsing OVA
Cowboys and Aliens
Hellboy
Philadelphia experiment

I don't necessarily go for the latest ones, but ones which I find interesting in terms of message.

Mainly supernatural movies.

Cheers,

John
Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2011, 09:52:35 AM »

Just watched Harry Potter 7 Part 2 and it was surprisingly pretty good, and then I watched Batman Begins and re-realized how great Christopher Nolan is.
fraxcell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2011, 05:55:42 PM »

...and then I watched Batman Begins and re-realized how great Christopher Nolan is.

I know, right? I watched the Prestige for the first time a couple weeks ago, and it was fantastic.

Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2011, 06:07:47 PM »

Yeah that it one of my favourites of his. I still haven't seen Memento but that time will come. Also Dark Knight Rises  Shocked
James McCloud
Level 3

I can't art

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2011, 08:59:15 PM »

Yeah that it one of my favourites of his. I still haven't seen Memento but that time will come. Also Dark Knight Rises  Shocked
Yes.  Dark Knight Rises.  It seems like things are looking up for Batman.
He's got a nice video game out, nice movies, and people are anticipating a new installment in both.

This is me on steam.

Hey look!  My blog's gone again!  Ain't that somethin?

I really need a better sig :\
Destral
Level 10

Climbing that mountain...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2011, 09:08:37 PM »

I'm excited and looking forward to seeing Captain America and the new The Thing remake (I saw the John Carpenter version back when I was a kid, and it was effing amazing).

Currently working on: Sword Surfer
dar
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2011, 10:24:14 PM »

My last purchases:

Splatter: Naked Blood
Thriller: A Cruel Picture
Masters of Horror: Season 1 (HD)

Recently watched:

Class of Nuke 'Em High
Shorts