Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 05:51:07 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingFish game and Monster game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Fish game and Monster game  (Read 972 times)
dogzer
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 29, 2010, 09:09:38 AM »

I've got these two projects that I'm working on. The first one is a fish game that currently needs a gameplay, I'm thinking about turning it into a fish racing game. But right now all you can do is swim with the arrow keys, but it doesn't make any sense gameplay-wise, I don't know what I was thinking. What are your thoughts? The second game is an avoid obstacle game, you run like wonderboy and press space to jump. I'll add more obstacles, different jump heights, and everything I can think of, what do you think? Here are the links for the webplayer so you can enjoy these pre-alpha-releases...

fish game
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11214337/Dogzer.html
monster game
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11214337/monsterrunner/WebPlayer.html

EDIT:
I reckon you guys might want to see some screens before clicking on the mysterious links :-0
monster:

fish:

Can't wait for some feedback!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 11:08:08 AM by dogzer » Logged
flavio
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 11:39:14 AM »

Congratulations for the graphics, it's very nice! About the games, it's too early to produce deep comments. In the first game the dolphin moves in the opposite way respect than what I thought, but this may be a subjective thing. In the second game the character seems too big if compared to the dimension of the screen. Anyway, good job so far!

nahkranoth
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 01:13:54 PM »

cool graphics indeed. I agree with the way of controlling the dolphin, it might seem natural as mechanicly it would work this way. As a player though it's hard to learn to control it, while that is not what this game should be about.

The monster game is verry nice, i do not really agree with the size of the monster being to big, it fits the game somehow.

What i do think is that if you would have made it smaller and more land inscreen you would have been able to make patterns of objects you have to jump over. Those patterns could become more difficult as you progress. Well i guess you get what i'm trying to say.

Ehren
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 05:17:08 PM »

Nice graphics!

Fish game: I'd suggest reversing the left/right arrow keys. Even though the right arrow key activates the right flipper (and vice versa), it makes the fish turn to the left, which caused me to inadvertently turn in the wrong direction at times. As far as gameplay, I didn't read your note about the lack of it and spent the first minute or so trying to swim up the pipe at the top of the tank. I also tried keeping the block things from falling into the explosion tube. I'd vote for some kind of exploration-based gameplay. Only being able to use the left or right flippers provides an interesting challenge.

Monster game: the animation transitions seemed a bit choppy, and it would be nice if holding space down affected the jump duration.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic