Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411716 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 21, 2024, 07:09:36 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsUnity programmer looking for visual artist to do 1 game a week
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Unity programmer looking for visual artist to do 1 game a week  (Read 1010 times)
Jalapenosbud
Level 1

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2017, 11:32:12 PM »

--edit-- Closing the thread for now, as i urgently need to finish a project before i can do this 1game a week challenge. I replied to people and will decide on something for next week, if people still are up for it.

Hello tigsource.

I am on my last day of my first 1game a week challenge, and i am looking for an artist to collaborate with for next week's project, starting tomorrow. If there's anyone up for it. It's gonna be solely for the sake of doing it, and no money will be involved. Just a fun project.

The game
The game can be about anything, 2d or 3d, just as long as it's doable in a week. Maybe use some hours the first day to plan out what it's going to be about, features, mechanics, art included, stuff like that. Then use the next couple of days to implement stuff and then the last 2 days finetune the game and work on the design!

About me
I'm a hobbyist programmer that's been working with unity for some years now and i feel fairly proficient in the engine, there's always new stuff to learn, but i feel like i know my way around most of it.

Here are some examples of what i've worked on before, some of it was aimed at teaching myself different concepts.
https://jalapenosbud.itch.io/

I've also done one or two ludum dares (not many) and one global game jam this year, so i find it fun to work with small deadlines.

Hit me up on jalapenosbud at gmail dot com or reply here or pm here.
Cheers and have a nice day!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 12:53:43 PM by Jalapenosbud » Logged

Svetlana
Level 1

part-time composer, full-time squirrel girl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 11:50:24 PM »

i know when people say artist they mean visual artist but i'd love having a weekly project to make a little tune for if you want that

personal blog
game music portfolio <3 <3 <3 please hire me
avatar by the lovely lovely dickmissiles~
Jalapenosbud
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 02:25:27 AM »

i know when people say artist they mean visual artist but i'd love having a weekly project to make a little tune for if you want that
Oh sorry didnt mean to discriminate musicians Tongue i actually thought of including someone to produce audio, but didnt want to make it too big. But but butt! if you're up for it, we can definitely figure something out.

Also, i really like your music Smiley its uplifting :D

Jalapenosbud
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 02:20:07 AM »

Just an update. I finished the 1game a week i was doing and am now ready to do another, if anyone wants to collaborate!
Audio should be filled Smiley
Just need someone else to reflect ideas off and do the game with, preferrably someone that can draw and want to do a small project like this Smiley

Last week's project:

link to game:
https://jalapenosbud.itch.io/1-gaw-shmup

Khas
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 11:37:51 PM »

Hey Jalapenosbud, I am programmer and I would like to join your 1 game per week challenge if that is possible. I, myself is looking to build up my portfolio even more and I had made a couple of games in Unity. Contact me at [email protected] if your interested.
Qoelet
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 09:06:34 AM »

sent you an email Smiley

Jalapenosbud
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 12:51:55 PM »

Hey folks!
Thanks for anyone showing interest in the 1game a week challenge, im really happy and humbled that people want to do this with me :D

I have replied to your posts / pm's / emails.
I will lock the thread for now as i have something due in a week, and cannot do something before that is done.

Thanks again for showing interest and i hope people still are up for it!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic