Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411560 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 03:49:43 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsHarvest - A sci-fi VR farming game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Harvest - A sci-fi VR farming game  (Read 621 times)
Stroginator
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 30, 2016, 04:34:50 PM »

Harvest

Hi there!

I am developing my first game. Previously I've worked on small hobby stuff that never really went anywhere, and this is my first real attempt. I've only put about two months of work in so far, with much to go! I hope you like what you see!

How to Play
You start off with a single packet of common corn seeds. Common is the lowest quality of seed, with your goal to produce higher and higher qualities of crops until you reach Genetically Purified with each plant. Different plants have different qualities about them. So far this includes water needed, hardiness (affects how long plant can go without water), growth speed (affected by fertilizer), produce speed (affected by fertilizer), attractiveness to predators or critters that destroy either your produce / your plants or even your drones and condensators. You'll need to grow your plants, make sure they're watered, protect them from the weather, pick the produce, and sell it. Selling your produce will enable you to buy higher level blueprints from the TESSA (crafting machine) to craft better items. You'll need Biofuel to power your TESSA, which also comes from your produce.

Automation will be a big part of Harvest. You'll get to craft drones that will be able to plant crops, harvest, fertilize and possibly even drive off wildlife!

Eventually, you'll start growing alien plants that have slightly different mechanics to them.. like radioactivity and other undetermined crazy stuff!

Old Prototype Footage

I will have some new footage up hopefully in a month or two, but this is generally how you play!

http://imgur.com/6lC7YMD

Crafting 

All crafting will occur through the TESSA (tegular essential survival systems assembler). Each blueprint will be unlocked using cash made from selling produce. The blueprints need crafting materials and Biofuel - the latter to power the machine. Crafting materials can be found throughout the map and you'll need to pick flowers, mine rocks, cut down trees and otherwise gather enough to build your machines!

Purification 

Plants will be genetically purified by a machine called DOTTI (dynamic optical thermolytic transfer imbricator). Players need to provide enough sample produce depending on the complexity and quality of the DNA to generate higher and higher level seeds.

Wildlife 

There are several different types of wildlife I want to include, such as flying critters, burrowing, walking and jumping guys. I don't think they will play a huge role in the game to avoid becoming a tower defense!

Weather

Weather will more than likely be predictable hazardous storms that blow through, instead of full on seasons. This could change.

House Building

I really want to enable players to build houses and structures to give them a sense of ownership.

NPCs

NPCs likely won't make it in until after release. It's not a priority, but I would like to have them.

Progression

I'd like to have a leveling system of some kind, with skills or stats that you can upgrade by crafting gloves and hats.

Livestock / Fishing / Multiplayer

Raising animals would be really cool but I'm not quite sure how to implement it and fishing with the current game mechanics. I feel like multiplayer would be a stretch goal but I'd love to have people work together!

Thank you for reading, any ideas or suggestions? Post them below!

Stroginator
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 09:05:31 PM »

Some buggy gameplay!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic