Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411561 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 05:49:38 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsProject Sim - pc management game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Project Sim - pc management game  (Read 591 times)
piotrj
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2016, 06:09:46 AM »

ProjectSim is a thing that Ive started almost 2 years ago. Mistakes ware made.

I wanted to make a game in the style that I like to play. Something akin to Maia, RimWorld or even Prison Architect. I knew what sorts of features I wanted. Resource gathering, mining, planning out stuff to build, goons running around delivering stuff to locations, building the things. Some other things wouldnt hurt either, mod support, procedural maps. I was programming furiously, implementing various features, scrapping them and redoing in a better way. All of that was achievable and is done, more or less. But I was blind, inexperienced. While I had a general idea what sort of things I want, I didnt really have a design plan for the game. Turns out, that is quite important. Now here I am, stuck in a limbo. With no place to go. Is this the end?

Anyway, here a gif! We all love gifs, right?

And an extended version if you like

lukz_dev
TIGBaby

Angry John dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 12:49:44 AM »

There are a lot of games that started tech first so team up with some talented guys that can do design / graphics and make something awesome out of it! Hardest part seem to be done so you can iterate pretty fast and get it out quickly!

Good luck!
Rarykos
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 01:30:22 AM »

What are building there? Shocked

piotrj
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 05:27:22 AM »

Nothing interesting really, just showing off how goons run around and build stuff.

I was playing around with rendering again, Ive implemented dynamic backbuffer resolution scaling. Looks quite a big cleaner when running at 200%.

Side effect: instant pixel art(?)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic