Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411560 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 02:16:19 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsEcosystem X - (Temporary name)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Ecosystem X - (Temporary name)  (Read 432 times)
kirtov
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: September 27, 2016, 11:05:14 AM »

A few days ago I started to work in a very weird idea, actually, it's so weird that I'm not sure it can be called a game in the classic sense.

Now I have my first prototype (just to test the basic mechanic, so try not to pay too much attention to how bad it looks).

In few words, this is about ecosystems and how they involved. Players are a kind of not-too-powerful gods who have limited power over these ecosystems: they can put minions on them and kill these poor creatures, but they don't have any control over the minions themselves (they behave following their own needs). In a very general way, the goal is to avoid the extinction of your creatures in a changing ecosystem where new races are introduced periodically.

Here's a gif of an ecosystem with a few herbivore creatures without any natural predator.

And this one is another ecosystem in which predators has been introduced.

I know all this about ecosystem simulation is not what you expect to find in a game, so my big question: Would you play this game? Or it's better I keep it as a personal experiment and don't bother with UI.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic