Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411562 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 11:01:24 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMega Lava Fighter [v1.01]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Mega Lava Fighter [v1.01]  (Read 1408 times)
tijit
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2011, 12:27:40 AM »

Hey guys, mega lava fighter has been launched on my website!

http://tijital-games.com/game.php?game=MegaLavaFighter

To play use WSAD or arrow keys to move, and mouse to aim/project water.

The amount of points you get for a pickup or finishing a level is scaled by how much water you have left - so for an optimal score you have to be really efficient in the way you play.

To get your highscores recorded, make an account at my site and log in while in-game. Par score is 16,000.

Screens:
1 2 3
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 01:13:45 AM by tijit » Logged

tijitalise
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 01:42:05 AM »

I really like this game, the lava physics look cool and it gives a different sort of urgency to the gameplay when you don't have any real 'enemies' to contend with.

I got stuck on the first level with the white lava. The rules for white lava seem rather confusing: as far as I can tell, once the white lava touches a wall, you will get hurt by being on ground, but you'll no longer be hurt by being on lava... but you'll still be hurt by white lava... it's kind of counterintuitive. And even once I thought I understood the rules, I still couldn't get past that level.

It would be a nice idea to include some sort of tutorial feature, for game mechanics as well as controls. It took me a long while to realise that the game even used the mouse at all.

tijit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 03:33:01 AM »

I really like this game, the lava physics look cool and it gives a different sort of urgency to the gameplay when you don't have any real 'enemies' to contend with.

I got stuck on the first level with the white lava. The rules for white lava seem rather confusing: as far as I can tell, once the white lava touches a wall, you will get hurt by being on ground, but you'll no longer be hurt by being on lava... but you'll still be hurt by white lava... it's kind of counterintuitive. And even once I thought I understood the rules, I still couldn't get past that level.

It would be a nice idea to include some sort of tutorial feature, for game mechanics as well as controls. It took me a long while to realise that the game even used the mouse at all.

Ummm... what white lava? Screenshot?

tijitalise
Falmil
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 02:36:49 PM »

I also thought the game was fun and interesting. I also was not aware of using the mouse to spray water until I actually had to use it and went back to reading the original post. The mouse control relative to the player seemed like a good idea instead of having it positioned normally on the screen like in many games, though in practice it didn't feel quite right (probably because of me playing so many absolutely positioned cursor games).

I also have no idea what "white lava" is. Some kind of glitch? As far as I know, I made it to the end of the game and I didn't see anything like that.
Frank Griffin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 07:19:04 PM »

Have the instructions on the game itself would be the first suggestion.  I didn't get a good feeling using the mouse and the keyboard together.  I would rather just have a key on the keyboard to spray out the front of the ship.  It game was interesting but of course it needs more.  Maybe if the coolant was shot in a projectile instead of a spray who knows.  Some textures that slowly get covered would be cool like faces or something geting buried in the lava.  Keep up the good work.  I really liked the intro screen BTW.
Daid
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 01:16:34 AM »

Nice game, but I got a few issues:
-On the level shown at the first screenshot the lava 'escaped' the map, it ran out of the top left and bottom left corner of the room where the lava started. Killing me in some way I guess, because I suddenly was dead.
-Someone rang my doorbell, so I quicky pressed escape I think. Only to come back to find out I had to start all over.

Software engineer by trade. Game development by hobby.
The Tribute Of Legends Devlog Co-op zelda.
EmptyEpsilon Free Co-op multiplayer spaceship simulator
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 04:40:59 PM »

There, white lava. This time there was also green lava, which came out in a bubble from the bottom and mixed with the white lava to make yellow lava.

You guys didn't see any of this? Crazy

tijit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 10:35:08 PM »

There, white lava. This time there was also green lava, which came out in a bubble from the bottom and mixed with the white lava to make yellow lava.

You guys didn't see any of this? Crazy

Okay, that is a bug :< Possibly to do with your graphics card.. I am not entirely sure how to fix that. The lava itself calculated graphically so I'm not entirely sure why that is happening.

What graphics card to you have? If I can replicate the bug on someone else's machine it would be easier to fix. Also what res are you running your screen, etc.

About the bug where lava "escapes" the map, I know what's causing that and may be able to fix it. Bear with me, I'll release a patch really soon.

tijitalise
tijit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2011, 11:47:16 PM »

Mega Lava Fighter v1.01 has been put up on the site - it should *hopefully* fix the bugs that people have been describing, but could anyone who was having those problems try this out and respond asap? That would be great. New download is on the trials game page or here:
http://tijital-games.com/games/MegaLavaFighter%20v1.01.zip

tijitalise
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic