Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411616 Posts in 69390 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 10, 2024, 09:55:39 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingTeroids #1GAM
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Teroids #1GAM  (Read 1587 times)
Arowx
Level 2

Arowx.com

View Profile WWW
« on: January 09, 2013, 02:54:48 PM »

Hi Tiggers,

Can a few of you help test my new game Teroids, it's a multiplayer game (2 player) but has a single player option that I need feedback on as well.

Click here to play Teroids on Kongregate

Feedback needed:

1 Does it run OK on your hardware (please provide hardware details) ?
2 Did you play multi-player or single player?
3 How did you find the DROID-CPU single player opponent?
4 Any multi-player issues?
5 Any improvements you would like to see?

NB: This is my first OneGameAMonthGame so please help ASAP!

« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 04:00:25 PM by Arowx » Logged

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 04:01:52 AM »

This is a really cool concept,
It ran fine on my machine and the CPU player seemed to keep up quite well, had some close game against it.

I didn't get try try multiplayer, since I don't really understand how that's meant to work

I think the gameplay might need to somehow be a bit more strategic, at the moment completing the tasks of building new blocks and placing cannons devolved into mindless click spamming allowing for no time to even observe the progress of the battle.
 I could never really tell if I was winning, but I had to keep building frantically regardless.
I think if you could find some way to give meaning to where and why you place cannons and blocks it would make this game into something great

Arowx
Level 2

Arowx.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 08:15:45 AM »

@Jackson31 Thank you for giving it a whril.

To try Multiplayer just open up two browser windows and then enter a name for your game in the < MY GAME > slot and click on the play button.

In the other browser, select your game from the available slots.

Take turns playing both sides.

Or you can do the same with a friend, the trick is the timing.

I have lots of ideas for where to take it but it sounds like your right I might need to 'slow it down' or make it more strategic.

Although I do enjoy the fact that you can have a manic 2-3 minute battle with a simple AI.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 05:29:07 PM by Arowx » Logged

Arowx
Level 2

Arowx.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 07:24:33 PM »

Added Player stats on top line in game to give you an idea of how the battle is going.

DROID-CPU now has five difficulty settings, Easy, Medium, Hard, Harder, Hardest

Personally I can manage the Hard setting but you will need to be some speed demon to beat Harder or Hardest.

Please try the settings and let me know if the difficulty curve is about right, Easy should give you a simple challenge progressing to an extremely difficult game at the high end.

Arowx
Level 2

Arowx.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 08:13:02 AM »

OK The latest version limits to Turrets range, for more range increase the height of the Turrets.

Any and all feedback welcome?

NB A Turret that just points up has not yet found a target in range.

Arowx
Level 2

Arowx.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 06:01:15 PM »

Added Shields and Water Effect, let me know if it runs OK for you.

The Shields change the balance of the game so will need more tweaks, e.g. I'm having trouble winning against easy mode now but it is late!

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 09:04:43 AM »

This game really needs a tutorial or something, as I started and immediately had no clue what was going on or what to do. D:
Arowx
Level 2

Arowx.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 05:46:30 PM »

OK I will see what I can do but if you open two browsers and setup your own game you can have a play without any competition.

Just select <MyGame> rename it and click play in one browser in the other select your game.  Then have a mess about with the controls.

Note new Update with power bars on Teroids, tweaked UI and re-balanced Shields what do you think?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 06:24:42 PM by Arowx » Logged

Arowx
Level 2

Arowx.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 12:14:15 PM »

should help give you an idea of how to play, or how not to as the DROID-CPU player wins again!

« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 02:40:12 PM by Arowx » Logged

Arowx
Level 2

Arowx.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 04:03:46 PM »

New Level Editor - And my first task with it will be to build a tutorial level!

Give it a whirl and drop me some screenshot of the levels you manage to design and play!

NB: Computer player in Single Player mode is a bit lemming like with high levels, but this gives you an advantage.

chowdy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 12:27:04 AM »

It was laggy and not very playable after a while on my weak macbook air with intel 3000 graphics.

I didn't really understand how to play other than building tons of stuff. It was very hard to accomplish on the trackpad lol. The medium computer defeated me easily.

A tutorial would be very helpful. Also, I wonder if the game could be more suited as a fast-paced turn based game?

Great concept!
Arowx
Level 2

Arowx.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2013, 10:58:11 AM »

Hi Chowdy could run my Cube mark benchmark. as it tests the performance of your GPU?

Just wait until the FPS hits the target of 30 and let me know how many Cubes you get?

I will endeavor to put in some optimizations and options to improve performance.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 11:38:33 AM by Arowx » Logged

chowdy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2013, 10:29:02 AM »

Arowx, it slams right into 60fps up until it hits around 3,000 blocks, then it degrades pretty steadily to just under 30 FPS at 5,000 blocks. Hand Metal Right
Arowx
Level 2

Arowx.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2013, 10:29:36 PM »

OK I've worked on improving the performance on Teroids, how does it run for you now?

http://www.kongregate.com/games/Arowx/teroids

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic