Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411618 Posts in 69390 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 10, 2024, 11:57:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMissile Walker - platformer where you mount on missiles
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Missile Walker - platformer where you mount on missiles  (Read 953 times)
soyyo2
Level 0

soyyo-robot

View Profile WWW
« on: January 18, 2013, 06:13:48 AM »

Missile Walker

Missile walker is a game I made for the CODEAR: Hardcore Compo at Duval.

It's a platformer in which you can get on missiles and steer them. You can also slow time down to do some extremely precise movements to evade missiles.

Play it!

Just let me know what you think of it! Tell me what level you got to!

bitMasquerade
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 02:27:51 PM »

beat it in 820s. Great little browser game. Missle riding is an interesting little mechanic, and the time slowing compliments it to provide some engaging gameplay for so few rules.

For some reason, my input would stall every second or so causing my guy to stop moving. I had to keep on tapping the arrow keys to keep him moving. I think this is probably because of key repeat for some reason or another. Then again, it may just be because I'm on a weird browser: Opera on Linux 64 bit with Flash 11.2
kraflab
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 06:35:49 PM »

pretty cool concept.  My only complaint is that sometimes the screen rotating rapidly makes it hard to control or see what's going on when you jump off a missile.
Nathan Cash
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 09:45:13 PM »

I second this. It lagged a tiny bit every time I landed on a missile making it impossible to missile jump. I got by by riding the missile on that level. Overall good job. I found it entertaining.
Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 08:00:57 AM »

I got stuck in the ceiling. Jumped off a missile riding upside-down near the top of the level. Couldn't move, dudes kept shooting me but couldn't die.

Thirding the difficulty in adjusting when you jump off a missile.

Edit: I also glitched outside the final level, was able to finish the level without killing the four missile dudes.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 08:07:52 AM by Noyb » Logged

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 04:28:53 AM »

The guy in the video playing your game looks really terrible at it, or maybe it's actually just that hard :S.
When I get time i'll have to try it for myself, I like the idea tho, bullet time is never not cool  Wink

Pedrosanchau
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 08:05:32 AM »

Sometimes the camera doesn't follow my character (missile walk level for example). It is annoying. Otherwise great browser games.
soyyo2
Level 0

soyyo-robot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 10:55:13 AM »

I just want to thank you all for the feedback! I got really weird responses in other places: some people hated the game from the deeps of their soul and other just loved it... I didn't know wether this was some kind of a niche game or just a bad one.

PS: Bumping was involuntary. I forgot I had posted this until now.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic