Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411613 Posts in 69390 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 10, 2024, 12:48:47 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingHELLO PENGUIN A REVOLUTIONARY GAMING EXPERIENCE
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: HELLO PENGUIN A REVOLUTIONARY GAMING EXPERIENCE  (Read 1485 times)
Justsometoast
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 24, 2013, 07:15:08 PM »

Ladies and gentelmen. what you are abot to witness is hello penguin brought to you by hello team the newest gaming making company. hello penguin is a game and it is nothing like youve ever played before. it is captivating and aweinspiring.

http://noxid.ca/files/HELLOPENGUIN_THE_RE-ENING.zip

promotional art...

revs:

"I cried at the end"
-Xcalibar

"I can't get anything to happen :<"
-DoubleThink

"That's... an interesting name for a game. Definitely trying it out."
-Moon

the taem..

Lead artist- hymynameismatt

Lead artist leadeir artsit- TalkingTadpol

Musicin- me!!

head of vision department - me!!!!!!

coolest dude - matt

noxid - progam

HyMyNameIsMatt
Level 1

Vernal Edge

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 07:23:58 PM »

As lead artist, I feel my art gets seen in the gam.  To explain how this vision came to me, someome in a game design class had an idea about a game with a penguin and I thought it was dumb.  So I had inspiration to make this beter pengiun game.  I wood like to thank my teammatts for their contributions on this wonder ful porojecy.

Noxid
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 07:51:29 PM »

As the cheif architect of design, I wanted to be sure that the essence of my vision was presented optimally. The moment I heard of the story of the penguin game I knew that HELLO PNEGUIN was destined for greatness, and it was thanks to my programmign and creativeness that we all may enjoy a penguin. Of course the skills of my other teamworkers were also invaluable in providing the foundation for this prouduction. Please enjoy the product of our work.
JDM
Level 0

Quattro Bajeena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 07:43:41 AM »

Phenomenal work.

bitMasquerade
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 04:30:52 PM »

Wow, you got me. That screenshot built my expectations up for something great, and all I got was crappy MS paint art. Facepalm
Indievelopper
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 07:03:35 AM »

This game completely fucked my computer. You managed to kill both my java VM AND my audio driver at the same time.

I wouldn't advise to download that shit. No offense.
Noxid
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 08:53:42 AM »

This game completely fucked my computer. You managed to kill both my java VM AND my audio driver at the same time.

I wouldn't advise to download that shit. No offense.
alright on a serious note, what really?
I didn't exactly put the screws to it in testing but I certainly never encountered an issue of that magnitude. Did it happen just during regular play or specifically when you did goodbye penguin? Or some other command?
Indievelopper
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 09:42:19 AM »

I just launched the game, typed "hello penguin".
The text box became grey and I couldn't do anything, so I guessed that was the end of the game. I just closed the window and the music suddenly looped. I checked and the java VM was dead apparently along my audio driver. Tried closing the session, horrible music loop still here, so I restarted.

Of course "completely fucked my computer" is a terrible exaggeration, and honestly it really just takes 10 seconds for my SSD to reboot, but still. Pissed me off.
Noxid
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 10:50:07 AM »

Oh, I see. Well that narrows it down quite a bit. Either I tripped on some undefined behaviour of Java's AWT threading, or something else.
So if you launch the game and then close the window, does the sound still keep playing after *approximately* 6,482 milliseconds?
Indievelopper
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 04:57:50 PM »

My clue would be that it's AWT related aswell.

And no, the loop was longer than 6 ms, I'd say ~200 ms.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic