Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411613 Posts in 69390 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 09, 2024, 11:02:19 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingHeart Attack! GGJ13 TD Game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Heart Attack! GGJ13 TD Game  (Read 719 times)
threesided
Pixelhead
Level 5

derp.

View Profile WWW
« on: January 28, 2013, 08:50:48 AM »

HEART ATTACK!

Main page:

http://globalgamejam.org/2013/heart-attack-21

Hey guys,

So myself and a couple friends took part in this year's Global Game Jam. We made this tower defence game called Heart Attack! (and by the looks of it, 20 other people thought they were just as clever as we). You lay down drug towers in order to defend against increasingly potent strains of virusses. As an added twist, each tower contributes to a toxicity level, so you must also build antibody towers in order to increase your immunity to the drug tower's side effects.

Art was done by myself and my girlfriend, programming by my game making cohort Dave, and sound by all 3 of us.

Let us know what you think, we're pretty proud of our results! We'd like to know if it'd be worth continuing with and fleshing out further.

DOWNLOAD HERE

I'll try to get some screenshots up later tonight.
threesided
Pixelhead
Level 5

derp.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 05:52:53 PM »

Here are some screenshots of the actual game. I know you guys were dying to see these.  Yawn

dertom
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 04:53:17 PM »

Not that bad, but I keep dying, even though no single enemy passes through?!? Do I miss something there?
Might be this injection that I need,....

Check out my game "Wood Games 3D" |  TrailerAndroid |
twitter: tomaga95
threesided
Pixelhead
Level 5

derp.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 05:53:50 PM »

Not that bad, but I keep dying, even though no single enemy passes through?!? Do I miss something there?
Might be this injection that I need,....

Yeah, you have to build Detox towers (the Y shaped icon) in order to keep your toxicity level low. You see that purple skull? That number indicated how much your HP will decrease every 5 seconds.

The game therefore becomes a balance of building towers and detoxing with the antibody towers.
dertom
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 06:59:13 PM »

Ah, ok! Understand...

Well, I played a while and I have to say that it is fun. You never have the feeling that you are safe and always have to build/improve to keep the enemies from the heart. So I would say, great job.

Check out my game "Wood Games 3D" |  TrailerAndroid |
twitter: tomaga95
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic