Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411616 Posts in 69390 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 10, 2024, 11:05:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingBlimbu Games - Between Heartbeats
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Blimbu Games - Between Heartbeats  (Read 918 times)
Wrexkrogan
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2013, 01:35:03 AM »

Hey guys First off, i'm not really much of a talker... but i mainly love to read your views and ideas while always too nervous to really post any of my own .. hope to change that in the coming weeks as i believe have found a truly excellent community

But anyway the other reason i'm posting is to also raise awareness for a Games Company a few friends of mine have put together "Blimbu Games" they are only starting out in the gaming industry and are still in education studying games development but they are deeply passionate about what they do

A few days ago we took part in the "Global Game Jam" in which the groups create a game in 48 hours we ended up with a prototype which we have named "Between Heartbeats" .. we were quite proud of our first attempt and have made a kick starter to hopefully get it finished and released as our first official game

This is not a plea for donations or anything like that .. if you decide to back then great ^^ .. We would just like to raise awareness as we are fairly unknown

So come check it out and see what you think ^^ http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1664003337/between-heartbeats

Again bear in mind what we have so far is just a prototype we have after 48 hours

Thanks Guys
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 03:31:27 AM by Wrexkrogan » Logged
Wrexkrogan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 03:31:55 AM »

Just realized the link i posted was a broken one :O it is now fixed
UltimateWalrus
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 09:38:57 AM »

Hi Wrexkrogan!  Your game looks cool.  I like the artwork.  I have one suggestion though.  You say that you and your friends are beginners; in this case, wouldn't it be better to move on and create more games, and get more experience?  If you're very passionate about Between Heartbeats, then there's nothing wrong with following it through to its completion.  Maybe I just don't believe every game needs its own Kickstarter.

If every game you start winds up a huge project, you'll never have time to improve your design skills by coming up with entirely new games.  Also remember that not every game is marketable.  I have over a dozen free games on my website because I would rather have people actually play my games than make a measly few bucks trying to sell it.

Of course most people need income to live, but that's why you get a day job and wait till you feel you've got something that can make you some actual cash :]  I'm not saying this project couldn't, just wanted to make sure you guys all are passionate about spending all the man-hours that'll be required to get it into a marketable state.

Wrexkrogan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 09:39:49 AM »

Hey Walrus Smiley thank you for the kind words, we are very pleased with what we have got so far and all of us are committed to getting this finished

As for the kick starter i do understand what you are saying, and we do realize that reaching our target might not be feasible  but even if that becomes the case we will not give up on this project Smiley we have other plans in place

The kick starter goal is mainly for some of the members of our team who need equipment of their own , at this point we are kind of sharing hardware .. which is fine for now but once we start making games full time we would like everyone to have their own specialized equipment

we were kinda encouraged into this as well by some industry members who evaluated our game at game jam , they noted that it has a strong chance due to it being educational and said we should try all we can to get it finished Smiley

so that's a little bit of our back story Smiley we'll see how this kick starter campaign goes .. but we will get this game finished no matter what
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic