Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411550 Posts in 69383 Topics- by 58442 Members - Latest Member: spitcards

May 03, 2024, 06:55:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 382 383 [384] 385 386 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1954883 times)
KellyRay
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7660 on: July 25, 2014, 05:06:32 AM »

Hey there,

I'm Kelly, I picked up Game Development as a hobby about a year or so ago. By trade I'm a motion graphics and video producer.

Right now I'm heavily invested in a game I call "100 Orcs" http://100orcs.tumblr.com/

Hoping to meet some cool friends as I make my way through the development!

Kelly

@kellyrayj
Wertle
Level 0

Pro game designer by day, hobbyist by night

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7661 on: July 25, 2014, 09:59:50 AM »

Hi everyone! My name is Lisa Brown and I'm a game designer. I have worked at Insomniac Games for 5 years, but I love doing side projects and game jams outside of work. My current project is a bit of an experimental departure from the studio's usual format, it's a small game with a 5 person team. We're doing open dev and live streaming of development every Friday, and it's been pretty fun!

I've lurked around these forums for ages but decided it was time to make my own account Smiley I don't know if my project would "count" for making a devlog thread here (or if there's a policy against devlogs that are mirrored offsite), but if you guys think it counts, let me know :D
SeventeenUncles
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7662 on: July 25, 2014, 10:33:22 AM »

Hello! Seventeen Uncles here! I have recently started developing a game called "A Pug's Life" so i thought i'd get involved with the indie community. The few places I have posted about my game thus far has resulted in some very useful and great feedback and im hoping for more.

I intend on making a devlog very shortly, look out for my game there.

many thanks

S.U.

God's Gift - http://godsgiftgame.tumblr.com/
Twitter - @seventeenuncles
Aki-at
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #7663 on: July 25, 2014, 08:15:02 PM »

Hello everyone! I've been meaning to make a post here for the longest time, I'm Javed but I go by Aki-at online, a pleasure to meet you all! I'm from London, UK.

Let's go to a place far away!

I was first introduced to gaming thanks to classic SEGA titles like Outrun and Afterburner. It's thanks though to my love of some of their classic platform goodness, Shinobi, Sonic the Hedgehog and Monster World etc, that I really wanted to get into making games. My tastes in video games usually fall into the action adventure territory and the more platforming, the better! Or guns, but the Cortana kind rather than the Gears of War, I've got a love of arcadey games. As you could probably guess, I have a particular affinity for SEGA and the Mega Drive is my all time favourite games console, between the aforementioned games, titles like Streets of Rage, Phantasy Star 4 and Ristar just sealed the deal for me. I'm also a writer over at SEGAbits, though I'm not as regular as I was before, I mostly just post charts/financial news on the health of the company from time to time and you'll find me arguing in the forums most days!

Strike a pose, you're here up and centre!

I usually don't bother with realism in my games, covers in shooters? Bagh I'll take a hundred bullets to the chest like I did in GunGrave! (On a personal note, but GunGrave and Trigun are my absolute top two favourite animes) simulator racing? Who cares I want to crash into the world and come out with a 360 turn in the air like in Daytona! And so on, the more ridiculous, the better. I'm not one to care if the immersion in a game randomly breaks, random tiger boss battle after a semi-serious story and I've got to beat them down with my barehands? Who cares! Time to give these cats a whooping.

It was downhill from here on out, no not his career, he was going down a hill, what? Of course I didn't mean hill hill, it was a metaphor... Oh forget it.

Up until 2012 my all time favourite game was Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and it's a game that has influenced me greatly in my game design philosophy. When I look to design my levels, I always look to the classic Sonic games for inspiration, multi-layered levels design for high re-playability but yet one would require great skill to explore the level to it's fullest. Couple with a stunning art direction, the game really left a mark on me and you'll probably seen in my own art direction I've learnt a lot through the classic Sonic games, every level had it's own story, every badnik it's own personality and every boss battle amazing to play... Except that boss battle in Chemical Plant Zone, seriously I was traumatized thanks to those bottomless pit, I'm still scared to this day whenever I fight him! Especially when Tails gets involved, eck!

Did you know you can street race with a taxi in Yakuza 5, you could say a... Crazy Taxi even

Sadly for the old boy it was displaced by Ryu Ga Gotoku/Yakuza 5, a big accomplishment considering I had to stumble through the latter all in Japanese! That game had everything from cool characters, great boss fights, a rocking soundtrack and you get to punch a bear in the nuts, how awesome does that sound? I've been a massive fan of the Yakuza series straight from the get go. It really has it's own unique identity and a flavour that I've yet to see anywhere else outside of probably the team's other IP, Binary Domain (Sidenote: Cain really deserved to be the main character for that game) and it's oddball humour is found all through out it's world that helps it stick out. And yet despite all this it has a well made story that somehow still manages to fit in with all the wacky stuff that goes on in the game.

Some of the other video game series I'm keen on are Wild Arms & Phantasy Star (Though I'm not a big fan of RPGs in general heh) Virtua Fighter, Metroid, Megaman and Wario.

Brock Crocodile, the greatest game ever (being) made starring a 30 year old red crocodile called Brock Crocodile, prove me wrong dammit!

In terms of development, I use Clickteam's Multimedia Fusion 2 for all my designing needs and currently working hard on my adventure platformer Brock Crocodile. It's definitely been tough, I'm by no means a gifted programmer but the community around MMF2 is great, you'll often get an answer or a tutorial if you're lucky! I'm hoping to have my game ready for sometime in 2015 and it's a project very dear to me, something I have been planning since way back in my childhood so finally seeing it off the ground even at this early phase is pretty amazing for me. Also crocodiles are cool too, why don't we have more reptiles as protagonists anyway?!

Well this is certainly an awkward situation...

In regards to design philosophy, I'm really trying not to cut any corners. I've been studying plenty of platformers but I find myself replaying the three that lead to the creation of Brock, the Monster World titles, the classic Sonic games and a little bit of Quackshot. Each game really had some fantastic art direction and I really am trying to recreate the magic of a Mega Drive game in this day and age. Add to that I love making complicated and vast level designs complimented with stage specific gimmicks, I'm hoping each level in Brock will be able to not only stand out within the game itself, but in general when compared to other games. I've got a twitter handle for it here, and if you want to follow me, my personal twitter. I'm warning you beforehand you might hear me sprouting stuff about football and squealing like a fanboy with the latest news on a new Godzilla film or Yakuza game!

Outside of video games, I'm pretty much into a lot of things ranging from stuff like football to Godzilla to Breaking Bad to Doctor Who to Korean Dramas to TMNT to... Well you get the idea! I basically like a lot of things!

I hope I've given you all a good idea about me and look forward to interact with you guys and gals in the future!

Nambiar
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7664 on: July 25, 2014, 11:32:13 PM »

Hello! I am Nambiar - and I make HTML5 games - small ones. I am still learning the intricacies of game dev and I try and stick to making simple old style games.

You can check out what I have made till now at gamedolph.in

Hand Metal Left CheesyHand Metal Right
DarKTower
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7665 on: July 27, 2014, 12:57:02 AM »

Hey guys I'm new to TIGSource but constantly frequent it to check out new indie games and the like. I got by both the names of Nicki and DarKTower. I am a Canadian indie game developer who works primarily with iOS and PC/Mac using Unity. I love 2D pixel games, and have several in the works right now that will be being announced/released soon.

Nice to meet me Cool
Chibi Battle
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7666 on: July 27, 2014, 07:06:53 PM »

Hi everyone,

I am Kevin, the project lead in Midas Mind International Ltd. We are a new independent gaming studio in Hong Kong.
We are currently working on a new project called Chibi Battle,a freemium multiplayer action game for IOS and Android. The project is currently in development and to be release in early 2015.

Nice to meet you all~

FB Page :https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chibi-Battle/231922643684039
Twitter : https://twitter.com/Chibi_Battle

Chibi Battle is a freemium, multiplayer online action game developed by Midas Mind International Ltd. Remember to visit our fanpage and join us! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chibi-Battle/231922643684039
FranLesko
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7667 on: July 27, 2014, 07:33:40 PM »

Hi! My name is Fran but  sometimes I go by my internet nickname: Dydra. I am a chemical engineering student from Argentina and I have been developing small games since I was in high school. My most notable piece of work is a small mmo engine I programmed from scratch during my senior year in high school (you can check a demo video here

... I lost all of the code due to a critical error in my la top's hard drive... ). Lately I have been taking some cartoon drawing lessons and have been abusing the Unity3D 2D system.

Hope to see you around!
Nikolas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7668 on: July 28, 2014, 07:28:11 AM »

Hi! I'm Nikolas and I'm from Germany.
I've been surfing on the tigsource forums for a long time now, as I'm a big fan of indiegames and am a devloper myself (as a hobby).
Now I want to take part myself.
I can do some pixel art but I'm mainly a programmer.
As I like reading devlogs here, I thought about setting up one myself.
I'm trying the best I can but as I'm no native english speaker, don't expect the finest of grammar and spelling Wink.

Nice to meet you all and see you on the forums!

Tiblanc
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7669 on: July 28, 2014, 03:35:44 PM »

Hi all!

I'm David Labbé from Canada. I have been a big time gamer since before I could speak a coherent sentence. That was when I was about 2 and my parents bought a Commodore 64. That same Commodore which I used a few years later to self teach Basic and make crude text games. Back then, you could still get a 9/10 review rating for graphics with big pixels. Since I have the artistic talent of a rock, I figured I could program games of greatness and get away with it. This all led me to computer science with dreams of working in a smallish studio raking in the millions. Turns out that when I got out of university, the dot com bubble exploded, big studios were eating small studios for breakfast, laying everyone left and right and whipped the rest into slavery. There was an arms race to have the highest polygon count and the most colors that your computer could spit on your 640*480 screen. Game dev suddenly seemed like a bad idea. This all steered me toward business application development, but the game dev flame lived on. I have been working on indie games for the better part of the last 5 years, but always hit a wall when I figured I wasn't born with greek god powers and couldn't do the work of 10 persons in my spare time in any meaningful time frame.

I have always had a thing for math and strategy. I would enjoy a game based on their combat system or deep strategic choices more than their shiny packaging. I like japanese RPGs even though they usually have weak combat systems, for some reason. These days, I don't have much time for games anymore, but I usually space out at work coming up with yet another twist on a basic idea to create yet another combat system that will never see the light of the day. I develop the latest game idea during my commute, hoping to get it done before the idea fairy strikes again. 30 minutes per day ain't much, but it's steadily getting there!

See you around!
AG.Indie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7670 on: July 28, 2014, 04:35:14 PM »

Hey all!

My name is Audley Gordon hailing from Jamaica. I am an aspiring Indie Developer. So far I have developed and released two titles.

Shapes & Sound: The Shape Shooter
This was a collective effort. The first time my two friends and I had every made a game (Graham Reid and Robert Morrison. They should be around here somewhere haha). After working on this title I decided that I wanted to become an indie developer.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.arrg.theshapeshooter&hl=en

Gyro Elevate
The first title I developed (and completed lol) on my own. The concept is simple. Try and navigate through the different types of barriers using the accelerometer. I started several projects before this but was unable to finish them because of their complexity and my limited knowledge at the time lol. I decided to work on smaller projects just to get into the habit of completing things I start. It's a simple game with minimal design but its complete Smiley which for me is an accomplishment :D

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.audleygordongames.gyroelevate&hl=en

Still have a long way to go and a whole lot to learn but I am looking forward to being apart of this community of developers Smiley

you can check my dev log
http://agindie.tumblr.com/

and follow on twitter
@AGIndie
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 04:42:46 PM by AG.Indie » Logged
ZanN
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7671 on: July 29, 2014, 02:00:05 AM »

I'm Mathilde Soussi, a French artist, and my handle is ZanN.

When I was younger, I wanted to...
... Grow flowers,
...... Then to be a fashion designer,
......... Then to be a sports teacher
............ And finally to be an architect
So, in 1994 I signed up at a school of Architecture for years!

But, in 1995, a quite peculiar thing happened ...
My granny gave me a computer for Christmas because, I guess, I didn't stop talking about one!
First of all, I was jealous because my boyfriend was wasting his time in front of his monitor, playing at Civilization when he could have been telling me love poems!
And second of all because I was fascinated by the things moving here and there on his screen!

I couldn't backtrack ... It was too late ... Life is unpredictable ...

So I studied Art and Code and passed a degree in “Art et Technologie de l’Image”. In 2000, I took “the big step”, following a phone call for an internship offer  in a video game company looking for someone patient and  meticulous in order to scan slides.
Since then, I have been working on several AAA video games: Rainbow six; Assassin’s creed; Far Cry II…

And now...

With my partner, we founded Bulo studio, a small indie studio.
We are currently working on the SHMUP Creator: build & blast, a tool which will enable people to create their own Shoot’em up.

We are (almost) working full time on this project.

It's a little bit stressful, but this is Adventure, so it's okay!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 02:13:44 AM by ZanN » Logged

@- -@    my dev blog website
 ('0')      my Twitter
('')_('')
JHuhman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7672 on: July 29, 2014, 05:44:17 AM »

Greetings citizens!

My name is Jake Huhman, and I'm a software engineer in St. Louis.  I've been writing games as a hobby for most of my life, and now I've left behind a stable career to pursue full-time game development.  It's been a crazy adventure, but I'm loving it; I get to do programming, writing, art, music, and more, so it's basically my dream job =).

I cut my design teeth on old-school AGI adventure game development and tons of modding (I especially recall messing with Daggerfall a lot).  I later moved to BYOND, where I operated under the handle Lord Raven and spent a million years on a single RPG (but also over 100 other side projects).  I then transitioned through C# and XNA to settle on Java for the time being.

Most of my favorite games fall right around the turn of the millennia:  Baldur's Gate 2, Thief 2, System Shock 2, and Deus Ex (not 2).  But I actually enjoy a lot more variety than that list suggests.

Welp, I'm off to start a devlog, but I won't tell you what it's for, because that appears to be against the rules =P.  I'll see you around =)!
HimTyers
« Reply #7673 on: July 29, 2014, 09:33:54 AM »

Hello everyone,

My name is Tim and I am 18 years old. In August I will be starting college as a computer science student where I hope to learn the skills to start making a game (I understand there are many more aspects to game making than just coding). In fact, I have already begun to teach myself C++, but I can only do really basic things at the moment. I also hope I will meet people at college that share the same interest in game-making as me.

I hope by this point you all haven't written me off, as I often see people on TIGSource who have being making games since childhood (I hope its not to late for me:( ). To be honest I haven't always been interested in making games until quite recently when I found myself to be in some unfortunate circumstances and thus giving me a story I wanted to tell and perhaps connect with someone on a different level than normal. I then decided a game would be a good medium through which I could tell my story.

If you have any advice for me please send me a message or contact me on twitter: https://twitter.com/HimTyers
XgamerrX
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7674 on: July 29, 2014, 09:48:18 AM »

Hello all my name is XgamerrX,a new member to this site! I'm excited to talk about games because just like probably like everyone else on this forum loves games as much as I do. Graduated college looking for a job in the game industry and going to continue searching until I get were I feel comfortable. I have designed about five games so far all unsuccessful but hey need to start somewhere. Learning from your mistakes are very important i have found out the hard way.
How did I start to love analog and digital games, well it began with Atari and then onto Nintendo, Sega genesis, PlayStation. Also a card game called Skip-Boo from Canada and Sorry the board game.
My expertise is Level design and Quality Assurance(game tester).
jsedano
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7675 on: July 29, 2014, 09:05:32 PM »

Hi people, is nice to join you, my name is Juan Carlos, I love (among other stuff):

Castlevania: I, III, IV, X
Zelda: A link to the past, Ocarina Of Time
Street fighter II
Diablo II
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
I love the movie "King Of Kong"
Radiohead

I only have developed games for iOS and I only have one game in the app store.

BluishGreenPro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7676 on: July 30, 2014, 01:05:37 PM »

Hi! I'm Attila "Gabriel" Branyiczky, (aka BluishGreenPro, aka Bluish-Green Productions). I've been making games for about a decade using GameMaker in various iterations. I've published several games for Desktop, iOS and Android.
Some of my favourite games are;
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
  • Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
  • The Halo Fanchise
Here's what I think of "pay to win" games;

I'm actually in the process of running a Kickstarter for a game I'm making. You can find out all about it on TigSource at this topic.
Or check out the link in my signature.

Robo's World: The Zarnok Fortress
High Concept; Mega Man cross Majora's Mask
Framais
Level 0

Spaghetti Knight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7677 on: July 30, 2014, 03:28:52 PM »

Hi my name is Francesco Maisto, I am a game designer and developer from Italy with over a decade experience making casual (and less casual) games.

My games have been mostly published on Miniclip.com, where I have worked as an employee for over 7 years.
Then recently I decided to go indie and work on a game idea I had, but never had enough time to develop.

Some of the games I made:

and, my latest indie effort, 4444, a sugar-free puzzler for iOS and Android.

My favourite games are, in no particular order: Silent Hill 2, Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Red Dead Redemption, Manic Miner, Atic Atac, Falcon, Duke Nukem 3D, Quake 1, Half Life 1 & 2, Halo, Jet Set Radio Future, Dead Or Alive 3, Crimson Skies, Avalon, Tir Na Nog, Dragon Tork, Valhalla, Katamari Damacy... and probably many others that I can't remember right now.

I am looking forward to taking part to the TigSource community which I hear is a great place to exchange ideas and learn about new and exciting projects.

Ta ta for now and see you around in the forums!

P.S.
If you know all the titles I mentioned you have probably figured out I am not exactly a spring chicken  Smiley

Francesco Maisto
Twitter | Website | 4444: a new puzzle classic for iOS and Android
Luc_Sybrix
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7678 on: July 31, 2014, 02:57:03 AM »

Hi!

My name is Luc Pignard, i'm a french developer and game designer.

After my studies, i have founded with a friend an indie studio: Sybrix. We want to develop innovative games, firstly for mobiles. We are also developing our own game engine, which allows us to develop for both Android and iOS.

We are working on our first title, Fox Fender, since April 2013. The game will be released very soon on Android and iOS, and that's quite exciting and stressful Smiley
Pauli
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7679 on: July 31, 2014, 05:55:53 AM »

Hello,
my name is Sebastian Pauli.

I'm a hobbyist game developer and I'm currently studying Geoinformatics. In my free time I like to go skateboarding, snowboarding, create stuff and of course play video games! I'm mostly into classic games, especially from around the N64/PS1/Quake2 era and everything Nintendo.

I started creating games at a young age with tools like QBasic and DarkBasic. Then I moved to DarkGDK and Irrlicht Engine. Now my favorite tools for developing games are jMonkeyEngine, Unity 3D and App Game Kit. I also do art with free tools like Gimp, Wings 3D and Blender.

Thanks for reading and Cheers to all! Beer!
Pages: 1 ... 382 383 [384] 385 386 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic