Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411552 Posts in 69383 Topics- by 58442 Members - Latest Member: spitcards

May 03, 2024, 08:58:04 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsPortfoliosComposer - Awesome music for your games!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Composer - Awesome music for your games!  (Read 807 times)
Derris-Kharlan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: October 29, 2012, 12:06:29 AM »

Hi there!

Some of you may know me if you have been loitering around the chip music scene for the last few years - but as most of you won't I'll do a little introduction!

My name is Nathan, and I go by Derris-Kharlan online. I am a music composer based in Melbourne, Australia with a degree in composition and a ton of game soundtracks under my belt.  I'm mostly known for my chip music work, and have played numerous shows/festivals around Australia and the United States. However, I write in a range of styles and can pretty much pick up a style/genre/aesthetic just by listening to it. Essentially what I can offer you is extremely high quality, interesting music, very short turnover, really reasonable rates, genuine enthusiasm and the ability to take your game's audio from mediocre to awesome! Find a varied list of example tracks below.
________________________________________________________________________________

Dual Dimensions is track for the game Parallax. | Electronic / atmospheric.

Dr. Mad Stage 1 (old remix) is an authorised remix of a Rokko Chan (megaman flash game) track. | Chiptune / Dance / House

Folder Quest is the title theme for one of the games I am working on. | Chiptune / Orchestra

The Organic Food Store is a jazzy track for a fictional high-brow food store. | Jazz / Band

Lazy Morning is a nice little tune that uses some smooth synths. | Funky / Disco

Luminesce - Promo track for the recent Blip Festival that was held in Melbourne Australia. | Chiptune / Epic

Shop -  Final Fantasy Tactics style shop theme.  | RPG / Orchestra

Underwater - Theme for an underwater city / village or something.  | Orchestra / Dreamy

Synthy is ethereal and spacey. Very atmospheric. | Synths / Space

Opening this was made for one of my clients for the opening movie to their game. | Medieval / Opening / Voiceover

Sol Was my track on the CHIPTUNES = WIN compilation that was recently released. | Chiptune / Win

Little TIGShoutout, I am also doing the music for Dungeon Dashers. This is a link to the thread here on TIGsource.

I did the sound and music for a sweet little game called They Love You which won Best Design and was nominated for Best Audio at Freeplay 2012.

I have WAY MORE. So if you have a request for a certain style let me know and I will post something I have done in that style if I have. Don't want to saturate this first post too much though.

So please- hire a dedicated musician to do your sound and music. You wont be disappointed!

________________________________________________________________________________

How to contact:

- send me an email to [email protected]
- send me a pm
- send me a message on Facebook
- send me a direct message on Twitter
- leave a comment below
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 02:19:04 AM by Derris-Kharlan » Logged

derriskharlan.com | nathanantony.com
Derris-Kharlan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 04:13:10 PM »

http://www.reddit.com/r/gamedev/comments/1469l2/derriskharlans_weekly_request_thread_musicw4/

Just bumping to say that I am currently taking requests for free to use music in non-commercial games. Check it out if interested!

Derris-Kharlan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 04:18:21 PM »

Two big updates!!

The Time Surfer OST has been released - and been extremely well received.

Kirk Hamilton of Kotaku wrote a particularly nice article, in which he said:
"But man, Antony's work on Time Surfer... it's an opus. Give it a spin, preferably with headphones or with the speakers turned up. This music keeps giving and giving, with new moods and colors dropping as fast as the Time Surfer himself leaps from planet to planet."
-Full Article

Secondly, I just released a split EP with fellow game composer Disasterpeace whom I am sure a lot of you are familiar with. It is called West and is pretty awesome I think.

Cheers,
Nathan

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic