Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411644 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 11:29:10 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralI miss the old crowd
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Print
Author Topic: I miss the old crowd  (Read 19154 times)
ness io kain
Level 6

died and is a ghost.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2012, 08:33:33 PM »

I joined in 2009 as well, so I'm certainly not part of "the old crowd", but that was still kind of a while ago, comparatively.
I'm not around that often anymore; I check pretty regularly, but just to lurk in particular threads.
Anyway, I find I don't really recognise people as much, which had been bothering me for some reason, but now I don't know why it should. I'm sure all these new people are nice, too (maybe nicer). Plus, some of them are actually old people with different usernames and I'm just slow to figure that out.
Most folks don't know me because I haven't posted all that much, so maybe it's creepy I feel familiarity with any particular individuals in the first place. I would like to spend more time around here to get to know you all, old and new, but more time on forums = less time actually being productive. There's probably a middle ground in there somewhere, but apparently I only know how to hit the extreme ends.

My music.
If your Twitter doesn't have enough depression and awkward pomposity, here you go.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2012, 09:26:55 PM »

2009, so no

old is february 2007 (first month of the tigs forums)

Plenty of old people haven't existed since the dawn of the time. That seems an unfair criterion.

i don't see it as unfair; why would one *want* to be old?

like let's say i say 'you aren't an old man unless you're over 80'. would some guy in his 50s object and say 'but i feel old!'

also a big thing to realize is that there were indie game forums before tigsource; a lot of the 'old' people on this forum were regulars on those previous forums (such as the dexterity forums, game maker forums, mmf2 forums, ohrrpgce forums, etc.) so 2007 isn't the beginning of time when it comes to indie games

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2012, 09:29:36 PM »

I meant unfair as that seems sufficiently 'old' for TIGS standards.

(also it was partly a joke)
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2012, 09:29:46 PM »

I miss BMcC
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2012, 09:42:08 PM »

he still posts on twitter; you can communicate with him there / follow him if you miss him. a lot of ex-tigsource forum members still use twitter pretty regularly

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2012, 10:44:42 PM »

One of best things that happened to me on Twitter was when I found out that I Like Cake (aka Chris Whitman) had an account.

Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2012, 10:56:07 PM »

Hmm, couldn't find him on Twitter. Oh well.

EDIT: Found him and few toher indie developers I had missed on my Twitter.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 11:01:39 PM by Tumetsu » Logged

Uykered
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2012, 12:10:24 AM »

One of best things that happened to me was when I found out that Chris Whitman had a Twitter account.
Here it is:
http://twitter.com/cjw_23
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2012, 06:18:40 AM »

2009, so no

Today I found out that I am old.  Tired

ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2012, 06:37:23 AM »

2009, so no

Plenty of old people haven't existed since the dawn of the time. That seems an unfair criterion.

i don't see it as unfair; why would one *want* to be old?

like let's say i say 'you aren't an old man unless you're over 80'. would some guy in his 50s object and say 'but i feel old!'
I know a person that wants to be old already even thought she is 30yo atm. She thinks that being old opens ones mind for some unnoticeable before truths  WTF

Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2012, 09:12:49 AM »

I know a person that wants to be old already even thought she is 30yo atm. She thinks that being old opens ones mind for some unnoticeable before truths
In some ways she could be right since life experience tends to give perspective on things, or at least so most people claim. But I'm patient enough to wait for it Tongue

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2012, 09:21:54 AM »

ive noticed that the older you get, the more seriously people take you and the more confident you get. im 23 though so i probably have no idea what im talking about lol
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2012, 09:25:28 AM »

I know a person that wants to be old already even thought she is 30yo atm. She thinks that being old opens ones mind for some unnoticeable before truths
In some ways she could be right since life experience tends to give perspective on things, or at least so most people claim. But I'm patient enough to wait for it Tongue
Yeah, I understand the reasoning, yet I wouldn't want to get old faster than I will anyway.

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2012, 11:48:58 AM »

old!=experienced

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Aquanoctis
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2012, 11:54:42 AM »

I wonder what happened to Melly...

I lurked around the forum from pretty early on but didn't sign up till 08 so I don't know if by that time most of these 'old folk' had cleared out...seems a long time ago to remember now...but anyway, I'm not sure it matters all too much. Even if you miss the old crowd there's all this new crowd around, mixed in with some nice flavouring from the older people. There's just as many interesting folk on here as there was then, but just different interesting folk.

I can empathise though. Such is the way of nostaliga...you just can't help longing for the past because it will always be preserved perfectly in your mind because, hey, why would you want to remember the bad stuff?
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2012, 12:58:08 PM »

only recently has paul eres's post count surpassed melly's. and melly hasn't posted in like 2 years.

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Fifth
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2012, 01:05:10 PM »

Melly is the only one of the "old crowd" that I really miss...

Does anybody know what happened to him?  He just disappeared so suddenly...  I had assumed he just got busy with his job at the time, but now it's been so long...

Melly, if you can see this, please let us know!
Ashkin
« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2012, 01:18:53 PM »

I miss Melly a lot too, he was a great guy. I guess we just didn't deserve him ;n;
Fifth
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 30, 2012, 03:01:49 PM »

Aw, that is a sad way to put it.   Cry
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2012, 04:31:43 PM »

There's always people coming and going in forums.  It's just how they work.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic