Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411562 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 04, 2024, 01:20:06 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeMost Moving Game
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: Most Moving Game  (Read 25783 times)
Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2010, 07:55:28 PM »

I have to say Mother 3, because I did cry during it (but not at the end like you'd think... okay, a little) even though I named my characters such things as Soupman and McRinds. Also, some points in the Ace Attorney games were pretty moving.
Spelunky and Nethack also made me cry sometimes... but those were only tears of extreme despair.

Hempuliā€½
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2010, 07:55:48 AM »

Braid moved me a lot, mostly because of the graphics coupled with the music.

The game that has moved me the most is definitely Shadow of the Colossus. It's the only game ever to make me want to return just in the desperate hope of finding something more to it, like secret places.

J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2010, 08:04:53 AM »

Braid moved me a lot, mostly because of the graphics coupled with the music.

The game that has moved me the most is definitely Shadow of the Colossus. It's the only game ever to make me want to return just in the desperate hope of finding something more to it, like secret places.
Climb the tower, climb forever.

hi
dspencer
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2010, 09:14:44 AM »

Mother 3. Only game that I've played where I finished and thought that the game was made to tell a story, rather than the story was told to fill the game. holycrapitwassogood.

G-Factor
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2010, 09:19:53 AM »

Although I don't play JRPG's anymore, they were the only games that truly made me feel like I was in another world. Final Fantasy VII, Chrono Trigger and Lufia in particular. Lufia's intro still ranks highly amongst my most memorable game intros, if not the most memorable.

Jrsquee
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2010, 08:24:16 PM »

mother 3. i had to try really hard not to cry during the campfire scene.

riven: that's sad too, and creepy, and emotional and nostalgic
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2010, 01:28:22 AM »

Oh yeah and Sonic the Hedgehog, that game moves really fast!

hi
voidSkipper
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2010, 01:34:15 AM »

Lufia

Yessssssssssssssssss.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2010, 02:34:30 AM »

Although a lot of the story in Red Dead Redemption was stupid, I thought the ending was really good, particularly when you go into deadeye, but you can't shoot all of the enemies. it was an interesting way of using a gameplay mechanic as a storytelling device.

namragog
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2010, 08:41:50 AM »

FFV advance Shocked That game has been my all-time favorite for UNTOLD EONS!    Hand Metal LeftBig Laff Hand Metal Right
noah!
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2010, 06:59:17 PM »

Chrono Trigger. Not that one part, nor that other one part ((where the first "one part" is undone), but the very beginning during the Millennial Fair. In one of the houses an NPC says "Something tells me I'm as happy now as I'll ever be." It made the Millennial Fair almost bittersweet; in a matter of days, all will be gone, and all will be back to the ordinary for the rest of their life. The parallels to real life are disturbing, to say the least.
supershigi
Level 7

No Yoshi is an Island

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2010, 11:15:13 PM »

Although I could probably list a number of games, I'll go with the first Suikoden.  It was strange because for the first hour of the game I didn't really get into it... I thought, "okay, generic empire-rebel plot, blah blah"... but after about an hour I realized I was seriously starting to get drawn into the story, and I was very attached to some of the characters.  In fact, there was one scene where I literally found myself bawling and yelling "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO" at the tv.

I was also very moved by Kerrigan's flashback sequence in Starcraft 2.  There's something so powerful and painful about watching someone quietly accept death (well, she thought she was going to die when she realized that Mengsk had abandoned her, and when she could see the swarm moving towards her).  I always get tears in my eyes when she drops her gun and looks upwards.

Also, in Chrono Trigger when you talk with Magus and find out who he really is.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 11:22:47 PM by supershigi » Logged

Laura Shigihara | Composer and Game Designer
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter
KM
Level 9

KM "Shilling for CASH!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2010, 09:01:40 AM »

Breath of Fire 2, Breath of Fire 4, Silent Hill 1 and Terranigma. All mostly near or at end game. You'd just have to play them to find out why.

These are just off the top of my head, there is probably more.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 02:12:07 PM by KM » Logged

Havok
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2010, 02:10:05 PM »

Shadow of the Colossus, Max Payne (1 and 2), and The Company of Myself come to mind for me.

I love audio: Engineering, Sound Design, Composition
Arowx
Level 2

Arowx.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2010, 02:31:39 PM »

Train by Brenda Braithwait, never played it but wow, this will blow you away!

Also a Ludum Dare entry I played to mark where you had to find your daughter before green gas oozed out of the walls and killed everyone in the room, oh jeah it was based in a concentration camp!

Just goes to show how powerful games can be, now if only I could get people to play http://SaveTheSillyEarthlings.com before it's too late ;o)

KM
Level 9

KM "Shilling for CASH!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2010, 04:29:33 PM »

Bust-a-Move

Joke reply.  Cheesy

El Moppo
Level 0

Gronk! Gronk!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2010, 02:30:13 PM »

To be honest, Portal was rather stimulating. The fact that the computer, GlaDOS, had so much confusion and anger, yet she didn't know why, or... At least. That is how it seemed to me.

And. Oddly enough. A game that I have never played, except in Demo Form. And... That game is... Jurassic Park: Trespasser. I saw a full PlayThrough, the other day, complete with detailed, and sometimes humourous, commentary. It was very insightful... The way that it was commentaried, and mostly, how Hammond was literally telling the story off of his ambitions and dreams being completed, and then only to be taken away.
The Recorded Memoirs/Diary, too, though, about his youth, were rather moving... The "Kid", Seemed distraught about this Woman. They guy might have made monsters, by accident, but, this was what he loved. It wasn't even canon, and I felt for the character.
oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2010, 04:02:30 PM »

Experiencing my first tantrum spiral in Dwarf Fortress was heart breaking. That game does such an amazing job making you attached to your characters, despite its complete lack of "planned" storytelling.

Ah, no kidding.

My first game of Dwarf Fortress.  The game where I didn't know that spacebar was pause.  The game where I spent as much time reading through the wiki as I did playing.

Learning enough of the game to be confused as to why none of the dwarves were moving.  Finally discovering that you can look at wants and needs of dwarves. Realising that while I was learning the controls every single one of my dwarves had become immobile with hunger and there was nothing any of them could do to survive.  It's not often that a game will make me feel like I'm watching world news.

And since it hasn't been said, Oddworld - Abe's Oddysey.  I never even finished the game but something about that first intro cut scene gives me goosebumps every time I see it.

Damn.  I should really order those on ebay or something.
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2010, 05:59:14 PM »

Experiencing my first tantrum spiral in Dwarf Fortress was heart breaking. That game does such an amazing job making you attached to your characters, despite its complete lack of "planned" storytelling.

Ah, no kidding.

My first game of Dwarf Fortress.  The game where I didn't know that spacebar was pause.  The game where I spent as much time reading through the wiki as I did playing.

Learning enough of the game to be confused as to why none of the dwarves were moving.  Finally discovering that you can look at wants and needs of dwarves. Realising that while I was learning the controls every single one of my dwarves had become immobile with hunger and there was nothing any of them could do to survive.  It's not often that a game will make me feel like I'm watching world news.

And since it hasn't been said, Oddworld - Abe's Oddysey.  I never even finished the game but something about that first intro cut scene gives me goosebumps every time I see it.

Damn.  I should really order those on ebay or something.
I don't know if this could be called moved but I felt slight horrible from finding out how to body swap. Mostly for one has to cage themselves and leave their body behind to search for a new one and doing so means taking control of some innocent creature mind and body. The kicker is that you can go on massive killing sprees cause kings to get banish from their kingdoms and the blood is on others hands while you can swap back to your old body and walk away. Yet this does make creating scenarios for folks to play out fun. Like rigging a evil cult of demon followers to want to sacrifice your son to feed a demon.
oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2010, 06:07:49 PM »

I don't know if this could be called moved but I felt slight horrible from finding out how to body swap. Mostly for one has to cage themselves and leave their body behind to search for a new one and doing so means taking control of some innocent creature mind and body. The kicker is that you can go on massive killing sprees cause kings to get banish from their kingdoms and the blood is on others hands while you can swap back to your old body and walk away. Yet this does make creating scenarios for folks to play out fun. Like rigging a evil cult of demon followers to want to sacrifice your son to feed a demon.

Dang!  I wasn't even aware you could do that!  I gotta play Dorf Fortress again.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic