Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411579 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 01:31:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMasjin [Updates!]
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28
Print
Author Topic: Masjin [Updates!]  (Read 95940 times)
Steelkenny
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 11, 2011, 03:11:46 AM »

Hey, Hempuli!
I just made a Class Idea that you MAY like… You may want to edit alot, such as balance fixes Wink

Sniper Class:
<- Picture.

Description:
"Snipers have the most damaging bullets in Masjin,
they have alot of features,
but overall it's a weak class if you don't use it like you should."

Hope you like it :D
PiJoKra
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #441 on: November 11, 2011, 04:07:34 AM »

Cool class, but maybe no aming with the mouse (but just like the other shooting classes)

« Last Edit: Today at 00:00:00 AM by me »
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #442 on: November 11, 2011, 06:10:38 PM »

Maybe he can press the use key to stop moving and change to the cannon's controls. And maybe not let him use items at all to avoid problems with using the use key.
Or maybe not let him shoot un-aimed and make shoot enter the aiming state, and use leave it. That way you can still use items.

Also, slower firing speed. Give him less health and take away the items do more damage.
Steelkenny
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 12, 2011, 10:16:25 AM »

Or maybe not let him shoot un-aimed and make shoot enter the aiming state, and use leave it. That way you can still use items.

Yeah that would be an option.

And less health? Do you want him to be one hitted ?or what Tongue
I think his view distance must be VERY far tough.
that your sniper is at the far right side.

Otherwise it would be way underpowered I think.
Steelkenny
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 12, 2011, 10:37:56 AM »

The sniper shoots his nearly unavoidable bullet. The team follows to deal with the lower healthed enemy.

Once again, i'm not forcing hempuli to anything  Wink
Filth
« Reply #445 on: November 12, 2011, 11:54:47 AM »

I think this could work better as an item.
Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 12, 2011, 04:15:24 PM »

It is inevitable. If there are guns in a game, someone will want to be a sniper.

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #447 on: November 13, 2011, 01:13:47 AM »

TF2 does a lot of things different than most shooters, but even it still has a sniper.
Steelkenny
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 13, 2011, 01:52:28 AM »

I never heard of TF2. Lol.
Mayby you could call him a ghost. (The snipers on starcraft are called like that Smiley)
PiJoKra
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #449 on: November 14, 2011, 09:31:02 AM »

I first want that Hempuli makes the editor and then solves the bugs, then the sniper. Tongue

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #450 on: November 14, 2011, 10:42:35 PM »

But unfortunately I can't solve all the bugs, only most. I've started wondering if restarting from scratch might help a bit with this...

Believe it or not, the level editor is still coming up! I just got caught in the tangles of what me might be able to call a "life"! Apologies for this!

On the subject of the sniper: I really like the idea, but I fear that any character with huge range on top of ludicrous damage could easily dominate the game in context of things work in Masjin. Assuming the class worked like Your Average Sniper (very fast bullets, some kind of laser scope thing, headshots?) the compensating factors (loading time, less health + other things steelkenny suggested) wouldn't matter since a player using the class could just build a secret floating hideout, from which he'd just shoot at everything moving. The characters aren't too agile, and unlike with games like TF2 you don't have to deal with the third dimension, so scoring a hit wouldn't be that hard, and if the hit dealt as much damage as suggested, it'd quite much decimate any class in two hits, three with full upgrades.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 10:52:41 PM by Hempuli‽ » Logged

Steelkenny
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 16, 2011, 07:42:14 AM »

Huh? Life? What's that?  Smiley

Jk, anyways, how do you build a floating secret hideout?

It doesn't matter how you build it, you will allways show a road to your secret base.
In a normal game there are allways some flying people, no matter if it's tech, jetpack, or gravity bomb.
and the more you defend your base, the less angle you can shoot your sniper. So yeah.

Anyways, lower reload time and lower damage could work?
1.5 seconds, 45 damage? (3-5 hits or 2-3 hits) which makes it kinda weak,
You would need 7.5 seconds to kill a full upraded guy, without missing any bullet, which WILL be very unlikely.
A shooter can bring a full upgraded class down in less than 3 seconds and sometimes an unupgraded ninja or engineer in 1 second.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #452 on: November 16, 2011, 10:09:24 AM »

What if we had a "scope" item that gave you the ability to aim in with the shoot button and un-aim with use (like my sniper suggestion) but lowered your fire rate while using it?
Steelkenny
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 16, 2011, 11:35:59 AM »

Hemp said something about that black hole bomb and remote missile will be the last, because that will be filling the screen.
He also said something about replacing the bottle, because it's unused and worthless because it's the only item without something special.
Could be wrong tough Hand Point LeftSmiley

But the sniper IS that item  Smiley
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 11:47:27 AM by Steelkenny » Logged
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #454 on: November 16, 2011, 12:08:02 PM »

To be honest, I'd feel more at home with the item solution. The idea of being able to essentially become a cannon is kinda interesting!

Currently the "final" items (who am I kidding) will be black hole bomb, homing/remote-controlled missile and one additional item. What would you guys think if that last item was such a 'sniper'? Possibly not exactly a sniper but with similar concept?

I also thought of possibly making another turret-like item, but one that'd work like a dispenser. I'll have too see how I'd implement it, though, since it could easily become way too spammable and buggy.

EDIT: Oh, and I think I'll release a test version of the level editor with some features missing at first. It's quite much 100% guaranteed that something will break up horribly, so it might be better to get the basic stuff stable before implementing it all.

Steelkenny
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 16, 2011, 12:12:09 PM »

Aha, I see Smiley

Hope that more people will use it now. It may still get a buff tough (making it hold out longer) Smiley
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #456 on: November 16, 2011, 10:57:04 PM »

The best time I've had this game is still that time I saw Hempuli log on with two accounts then disappear, then I correctly guessed the private server he made first try. Skills.
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #457 on: November 17, 2011, 02:54:20 AM »

This feat is slightly diminished by the fact that my private test game is always named 'test'. Still cool, though, of course.

PiJoKra
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #458 on: November 17, 2011, 08:45:05 AM »

... and one additional item...
May we knoow what that item is? Smiley

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #459 on: November 17, 2011, 09:35:25 AM »

I think he's implying that he doesn't know yet.

This sniper item could also be a "mobile turret" vehicle.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic