Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411632 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 13, 2024, 12:36:09 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallInfinite Ammo Podcast
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Infinite Ammo Podcast  (Read 14160 times)
Zaphos
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2010, 08:17:30 PM »

Then the third one, what the hell? You spent the whole time talking about "yeah man, business is wrong. It's like they don't even know man, it's like big businesses don't even care about emotions" or fuckin whatever. It was the most generic template indie conversation- I didn't even get to the end. This is why I got bored of TigRadio so quick.
Weird, my impression was completely different.  The third one was mostly like, "here is how to set up awesome social events & 'co-working' environments and all the issues that come up if you want to keep them awesome" ... it was super practical and interesting, especially because I didn't know jeff lindsay did all that stuff.
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2010, 09:27:03 AM »

New episode up with Chevy Ray Johnston: http://infiniteammo.ca/blog/podcast-4-chevy-ray-johnston/

ChevyRay
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2010, 10:49:48 AM »

Shocked

*runs away*

Around the end I start spewing random bullshit kinda too, because I didn't really have answers to some of your questions and I kept drinking more and more as we went on. I really like the first half the most though Hand Thumbs Up Left nice editing work, sounds good.

Also, hi TIG! How you doing? It's been awhile <3
Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2010, 10:54:10 AM »

Listenin' right now!  Coffee

Matt Thorson
Level 7

c'est la vie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2010, 12:42:24 PM »

Can't wait to get home so I can listen!

ink.inc
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2010, 01:54:45 PM »

Just listened to the podcast; 2nd half was mildly off topic, but perhaps the podcast was better off for it.

Mildly weirded out when Chevy said he just got into Pushing Daisies. I just started watching it yesterday; it's disgustingly adorable. I'm already 8 episodes in...

EDIT: Just played through Beacon. I loved how the game played with your expectations and challenged you to wonder just why you were following this little ball of light. Though the difficulty ramped up ridiculously in the last level, it was still overall an enjoyable experience.

SPOILER:
<holey shit its the angler fish from finding nemo>
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 08:49:15 PM by John Sandoval » Logged
gnat
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2010, 01:26:30 PM »

Wicked cool Alec. Can't wait to check out some of these! Grin

LAN Party List - The definitive LAN party list. Also Game Jams, etc.
GitHub
kavs
Level 2

Brad Kavanagh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2010, 06:42:58 PM »

Listened to the Chevy one a day or two ago while I worked. Very interesting to get a backstage explanation of Beacon, as I played that when it was first posted. :D

I found that the podcast had a really stong echo effect to it thought, like you were in a cave. Was that added after, or does my work PC have something wrong with it? I found the echo annoying, so maybe for part 5... dial it back a bit please? :D (Unless its my PC)

I want to listen to the Edmund one tomorrow, if only to hear the voice behind SMB, and the Adam one after that to put a 'voice' behind the man who made the framework that my only available game was published on.

Thanks for posting!

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2010, 10:48:35 PM »

The echo was due to noise reduction... (which I didn't use on the other ones)

I think I may try a different recording setup next time.  Beer!

I_smell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2010, 01:44:58 PM »

The echo made me think you were in a disused airplane hangar, and from that perspective I thought it was cool.
Android-Music
Level 0

Musician, That's all.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2010, 02:35:59 PM »

Oh I had some probs with noise reduction before, that was really annoying. Definitely will check all of these! Smiley

http://georgedziov.com/
Try my new metal pack - http://gameprefabs.com/products/show/399
Game Developers O.C. - http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/144438572289633/
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2010, 08:25:05 PM »

The echo made me think you were in a disused airplane hangar, and from that perspective I thought it was cool.

There's no way to prove that we weren't in a disused airplane hanger, or a space station for that matter.  Gentleman

Alberto
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2010, 09:46:17 PM »

Hey Alec, just wanted to say great job on the podcasts! I've been listening to them in the car on the commute and it's great content. If there's a way to boost the audio a bit that would be even better as it can be a bit low at times. Please keep them coming!

GZ
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2010, 08:53:22 PM »

This is great stuff. I haven't really been bothered by any of the audio glitches but any improvement would be welcomed obviously. Lot's of great information on these, I'd say a must download for indie developers who take game development seriously.

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2010, 01:08:13 PM »

Thanks dudes!

Here's a new podcast, featuring KYLE PULVER
http://infiniteammo.ca/blog/podcast-5-kyle-pulver/

Tears of Joy

___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2010, 02:05:02 PM »

Cool
ink.inc
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2010, 02:22:50 PM »

It's a great listen.

But just to let you know, there's a bit of an... audio... 'artifact' (I don't know the proper term). After one you guys speaks, there's something like a whisper that happens right after.
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2010, 02:23:58 PM »

It's a ghost.
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2010, 02:07:52 AM »

Kyle's mic is haunted.

I_smell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2010, 09:13:45 AM »

Hey I liked the last couple episodes. This one was more about the guy's unique experience with his stuff than generic template indie discussions- an that's the same reason I liked the one with Ed.

Still some "what is art?" bollocks in there, but hey whatever, it's like 2 hours long so there's bound to be.

One thing I was interested in was right near the end when you were talkin about  how people decide Braid is art cos it has all painterly backgrounds but Quake isn't because it's just game stuff.
That's somethin I've bin annoyed about fr years n it's great to hear someone else say it. Back when people used to ask ARE GAMES ART all the time, people would allways point to like Okami or Ico or whatever. An I'm on the sidelines like HEY GUYS THIS WHOLE COVER THING IN GEARS 2 IS PRETTY GOOD INCASE YOU DIDN'T NOTICE! THE CONTROLS IN DEVIL MAY CRY 3 ARE KINDA SWEET, I'M JUS SAYIN!
But all these indie guys ignore these kinds o games as if they don't count.
You've definately turned your nose up at big console games a couple o times, it's so fuckin pompous n indie.

Anyway yeah, nice to hear that point o view comin from the last place I'd expect.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic