Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411630 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 12, 2024, 03:30:49 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallInfinite Ammo Podcast
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Infinite Ammo Podcast  (Read 14158 times)
I_smell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2011, 04:40:56 PM »

I'm nearly at the end here n I just realised somethin that's so annoying on this podcast:
There's a lot of "I'm totally alergic to people who're close-minded" and "I hate when people just aren't open to the other person's idea", but then whenever you talk about other people's points of view, you literally put on a silly voice :|

Sorry this is just the way I listen to podcasts; I pay more attention to the people than the actual topics discussed.

EDIT- LOL just I wrote that you did an impression of Tim Langdell saying "Hey I want some of you developers to work with me" as if he was some kind of chubby cave-goblin.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 04:48:39 PM by I_smell » Logged
Peevish
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2011, 01:50:10 PM »

I'd say if you stick around the Art and Technical forums, people are still wonderful here, mostly because they're actual developers sharing tips and giving advice. But it's hard to go more than 2 pages into a thread in Indie Games, General, or Announcements without an argument breaking out. I wanted to hide under a rock during The Great IGF Announcement Flamewar Of 2011. Some people say some really nasty stuff, and it's hard not to get nostalgic if you remember how rare that was a few years ago.

I think I've decided to marry Andy Moore.
gnat
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2011, 07:09:50 PM »

Wow Alec, after listening to your interview with Derek Yu, I realized you're formerly that dude known as Zaphire.

I remember your "Freeware GameDev" tutorials from 2002/2003 featuring Allegro and Blender 3D. It was the first set of game development tutorials that I fully understood and I found them to be immensely helpful.

Huge props and respect!

[edit]

Woah this episode is such a blast from the past. Wink What a treat.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 07:16:36 PM by gnat » Logged

LAN Party List - The definitive LAN party list. Also Game Jams, etc.
GitHub
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2011, 02:12:52 AM »

I think the quality of the TIGForum did take a serious nose dive at the beginning of 2011, but it seems to have improved again since the Versus compo started. Either that or I've been spending most of my time in the versus forum and haven't notice the crap as much.

Peevish
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2011, 11:27:58 AM »

Aye, it really depends on where you hang out.

Edit

Read any of the 8-Bit Funding announcements and you'll see people getting insulted by strangers.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 11:33:18 AM by Peevish » Logged
Aquanoctis
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2011, 05:56:12 AM »

I often find that the indie games forum is like the rougher part of town around these parts. Like Peevish says, I usually hang around the art forums, which generally seem to be nicer. Maybe my view of the forums is skewed because of this though.
ithamore
TIGSource Editor
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2011, 08:21:35 AM »

I'm listening to the most recent podcast(#10), and I'm glad Aquaria ended up being 2D.

Please help TimW, a longtime promoter of indie gaming everywhere and an old friend of TIGSource, to write about indie games full-time.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic