Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411632 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58448 Members - Latest Member: Onsku

May 13, 2024, 08:24:10 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallNeed feedback on game click the slowest
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Need feedback on game click the slowest  (Read 2014 times)
simplegoogly
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2011, 10:33:18 PM »

I recently competed in game in ten days competition on Kongregate.

Although people told me that the game was good, it has not got much gameplays. It was posted on 5th feb. Here is the link http://www.kongregate.com/games/simplegoogly/click-slowest-thing

Apart from the basic gameplay, you can also make and load your own things. and it also contains tons of different level ending animations which play out depending on how player plays.

Your feedback will be appreciated (negative too).
Desert Dog
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 06:26:05 PM »

You should try introducing yourself... some guys get cranky if you don't. :p

I think to begin with, the graphics are a drive-awaya. Just random shapes. The menu buttons don't really look good to me, and I'm generally not very fussy.

I think the game is pretty fun. Just work on the graphics, maybe work on adding some interesting sounds, stuff like that.

I don't know what you mean about not much gameplays. If you posted it on the 5th, that means you got about 200 plays per day. Not a huge amount, but not bad, either.

simplegoogly
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 08:55:03 PM »

Thanks desert dog.

I dont get what you mean by introducing myself.

I knew the graphics were not good thats why I gave the option so that players can make there own shapes. Plus if you play till 26th level there are animated characters too. Smiley

But anyhow I will try and upgrade the graphics plus add sound effects.

Thanks again.
Desert Dog
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 09:40:01 PM »

Go back so your standing in the Announcements forum.

Look up. The very top stickied Post is called "The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread"

Long ago, Tigs got this policy of asking people to write a little intro about themselves when they join this forum.
It's basically so people don't just join up, 'spam' their game, and then never show up again.. they want members who contribute.
You don't need to introduce yourself, but do checkout a few other games on Tigs, and give feedback.. if you want it, you give it.

That's the general idea, anyway. :p

tesselode
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 12:59:56 PM »

You know, I wonder why you would spend time making a game about clicking the slowest object. It just seems like a pretty uninteresting idea.

Besides that, the music is low quality and uses pretty bad sounding synths. I'm not sure if you made the song, but if you search around on sites for game resources, I'm sure you can find something quite nice sounding.

The graphic style is also a bit underwhelming; Desert Dog is right that the menu doesn't look very good.
Triplefox
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 03:14:48 PM »

As-is, this is basically a prototype. The basic game mechanic does work well and kept me playing for some 30 levels.

It would become a game worthy of Kongregate's front page if you moved away from the abstract shapes, completely random levels, and time limit, and instead applied a strong art style and level design to it and made it a low-key, soothing experience where you're doing things like finding the slowest of the flock of birds or the cars on the racetrack, or maybe varying it with "find the biggest," "find the difference," "find the one with...", et cetera. The one or two polish elements in there(like the end animations) are good ideas. It just needs to be taken much farther.

simplegoogly
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 09:07:12 PM »

Thanks all. The game was made in ten days and theme was speed. Anyhow you have given valuable feedback for sequel to this game. Thanks a ton.
Blodyavenger
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 05:41:20 AM »

Hello there!

I've played the game trough first 20 levels or so.

- Graphics: There could be something more interesting than some shapes. You just get a feeling that there wasn't much effort put in that area.

- Music: It's not that bad in my opinion but it could be better and maybe some SFX could be added when you hit the right shape

- Gameplay: I found it quite easy. Why is that? Because you can click on shapes like a maniac and there is no penality. Maybe it would be more challanging if you put like 5 points which lowers each time you hit the wrong shape - it's an idea

Overall I think you went in the right direction but in the same time I know that you can put more effort into it Smiley

valis
Level 0

Kaffiyeh Camel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 02:04:05 AM »

The game was made in ten days

What took you ten days?  The concept is mildly interesting in that it's hard to tell which object is moving slowest.  Big deal.  I got bored with this in 30 seconds.

There is a difference between "I can do something" and "I should do something."  

Is this concept really good enough to justify your effort?  What about the time that you expect others to take playing it?  I realize this is a radical idea but if you don't have a good concept for a game, don't make the game because you're only wasting your time and other peoples as well.

Overall I think you went in the right direction but in the same time I know that you can put more effort into it

You really think that if he dolls this up with snazzy graphics and more options and powerups and whatnot, it will end up being worthwhile?
Desert Dog
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 06:22:26 PM »

You really think that if he dolls this up with snazzy graphics and more options and powerups and whatnot, it will end up being worthwhile?
Maybe not to you.

After clicking gems for half an hour on Bejeweled, in the end was that really worthwhile?

valis
Level 0

Kaffiyeh Camel

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 12:14:44 PM »

After clicking gems for half an hour on Bejeweled, in the end was that really worthwhile?

When everything is pushed into subjectiveness, everything breaks down because nothing is better than anything else.  That's the fallacy of relativism.

And I never played Peggle or Bejeweled.  They're worthwhile from the perspective of making 100 million dollars a year for Popcap but I'd suggest that the mechanics in both are inherently much more interesting.
simplegoogly
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2011, 05:35:13 AM »

Sorry for the late reply. Was tied up with things that kept me away from computer. In any case I read all your replies and thanks for the feedback. But in any case I am working on next game which will be a puzzle one, hopefully that game will deserve better than this one.
simplegoogly
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2011, 05:44:34 AM »

What took you ten days?  The concept is mildly interesting in that it's hard to tell which object is moving slowest.  Big deal.  I got bored with this in 30 seconds.

Well in case you didn't notice, the game has an option of uploading your own things to kong server. And this was my first time with bitmap conversions and movieclip to string and vice-versa conversions. And it was a ten day competition, I made the game in five.

I suppose I had to start somewhere. This being my first game. I am not saying that the game is good. But from my perspective I achieved a lot with this game and just wanted to know how others felt about it.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic