Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411630 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 12, 2024, 06:22:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhall[Flash] Space Rubbish
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Flash] Space Rubbish  (Read 941 times)
slakinov
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2011, 07:08:29 PM »

Hello there. Hope this isn't considered spam.

You'll be forgiven for thinking Space Rubbish is yet another asteroids 'remix', but it's the first one (to my knowledge) to use a physics engine (box2d) to slice the rocks up and bounce them around realistically.

The 'meat' of the game consists of slicing up the rocks and hoovering up the valuable chunks of precious metals and space junk inside (ranging from fragments of Michael Jackson records to Uranium Hexafluoride) then selling said stuff for profit to upgrade your ship. The nature of the rock-splitting action makes the gameplay less like asteroids and more like some sort of explodey vegetable-chopping simulator. Quite fun!

In addition to a sh1tload of rocks there are 12 different types of enemy, some with fairly complex AI, some completely dumb.

Here's a demo video:

And some screens:

Sorry, no public version yet as I'm trying to get some sponsorship and I'm told keeping it all 'exclusive' and stuff is the done thing. If you've got a developer account on FlashGameLicense.com you should be able to have a go on there.

Cheers for looking!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 07:14:26 PM by slakinov » Logged

music (datassette.net) and games (slakinov.com)
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 02:56:40 PM »

This looks awesome! I'm a sucker for Asteroids! style games, as evidenced by my playtimes on Space Miner and Minotaur Rescue on my iPod.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic