Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411633 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58448 Members - Latest Member: Onsku

May 13, 2024, 10:55:00 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhall"The Moops: Combos of joy" is live
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: "The Moops: Combos of joy" is live  (Read 1568 times)
joulimousis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: February 22, 2011, 09:00:25 AM »

Hi, don't lose any time reading this.

Go play "The Moops: Combos of Joy"!

« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 09:37:32 AM by joulimousis » Logged

Juan Becerril
www.heavyboat.com
SplinterOfChaos
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 09:03:22 AM »

Link didn't work.

joulimousis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 09:04:35 AM »

Link fixed! Thanks.

Juan Becerril
www.heavyboat.com
deathtotheweird
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 11:33:15 AM »

originally played a few days after you posted this thread but forgot to post. then I just seen it on the kongregate front page which reminded me to comment.

seems like an ok game, it started to get repetitive after awhile and it didn't really seem innovative. not that games have to be innovative to be fun, but this game just feels like a super casual puzzler marketed towards kids or people that generally enjoy those type of flash games. even still, I enjoy some of them, but this game isn't really on their level gameplay wise.

shooting feels a bit random, hard to get reliable shots. most of my combos feel like luck rather than skill. if not luck then the times I do get good combos it feels quite engineered and given to me.

graphics and presentation was quite nice though, although the music and sounds the block make when you hit them kind of got irritating after a few minutes.
Blodyavenger
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 09:27:44 AM »

Game took me over and I had lots of fun - didn't have time to go over it again but that's not the end. It's true that shooting can be a bit random but you can make a nice shoots when you get a grip and make nice combos.

I think it's a very nice game overall  Smiley

valis
Level 0

Kaffiyeh Camel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 12:35:09 AM »

That's surprisingly fun.  Powerups are somewhat interesting.  Everything about it screams polish.

Might be nice to get some gloss on the blocks-- with a matte finish they don't seem to finish the glitzy polish of the rest of the game.  I think the blocks could look better especially since they're what you're looking at the vast majority of the time.  Maybe prerendered raytraces or something?  But that's a matter of taste.
Alistair Aitcheson
Level 5

"Ali" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 02:49:52 AM »

Hey, this is really good fun! Very polished, and I love the charming graphics. Points-and-combos based games tend to grab my interest, and I really enjoyed this one. Will definitely come back to play some more Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic