Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411633 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58449 Members - Latest Member: wcored

May 13, 2024, 12:15:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallLeo & Leah: A Love Story
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Leo & Leah: A Love Story  (Read 1678 times)
Strangeluv
Level 0

*shakes head*

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2011, 11:12:56 AM »

CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO GET THE GAME!:

JUST SOME WORDS:

Rather simple. Leo and Leah have been close since they were newborn cubs. But now they've been separated and, with the guidance of you and the mystical help called Charlie Darwin and his "pet" Daisy, Leo must use all his survival skills to get her back!

A tale of love, loyalty and lionhood!

SCREENSHOTS

CHECK OUT THE TRAILER HERE:

« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 01:15:50 PM by Strangeluv » Logged
Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 02:47:09 PM »

Man, this game has just enough clever in it to warrant my time.  The combat system is pretty smart, the dialogue is quite endearing, and those black cats are especially adorable! 

(blah blah you took graphics/sfx from other sources whatever)

This is actually pretty well-put together.  I usually dodge RPGMaker games like the plague (a totally unfair personal bias of mine), but every once in awhile one manages to slip past my defenses.  Well done!  Gentleman

I'd write a devlog about my current game, but I'm too busy making it.
Strangeluv
Level 0

*shakes head*

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 02:52:07 PM »

Admittedly, a lot of RPG Maker games are truly awful (these are usually done by first timers who believe their shit is THE shit and post it without any criticism or testing). And aside from projects like Alter AILA and Hero's Realm, and short gimmicky projects like Clock of Atonement, it's a lot of the same thing over and over. This is the last time I'm using this program. I want to move on to Game Maker and try to make my own graphics and stuff when I get time, but I wanted to make an RPG before I did that, so... :D

Thanks a lot for your comment, though! I'm glad you like it so far.
Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 03:09:14 PM »

Yeah, I have noticed a few mistakes with the game now that I'm into it.  I sometimes "reference an item that doesn't exist", which makes the game crash.  Also, some of the maps are missing tiles in the walls. 

I dunno, minor things really.  I think my biggest problem with RPGMaker (and with most game-making programs in general) is that I place a very high expectation on writing skills when it comes to indie.  This expectation doubles when I play an RPG.

But really, to play a game with genuinely witty dialogue is a rare treat.  You definitely score high marks right there.  Smiley

I'd write a devlog about my current game, but I'm too busy making it.
Strangeluv
Level 0

*shakes head*

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 03:30:56 PM »

The "event script" bug seems unavoidable, but it's rare. It mostly happens when you try the "Apple" skill in battle. Fortunately, the skill isn't all that useful and you can replace it with another one soon enough. I put a lot of save cats, so if it happens it wouldn't be a major nuisance...

Though the game is featured on the English and French RPG Maker sites as Game of the Month, I am hoping to get at least a little exposure outside of RPGM sites.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic