Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411589 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 11:36:24 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsPixel Artist looking for Android Programmer for ARPG App
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Pixel Artist looking for Android Programmer for ARPG App  (Read 1029 times)
govaguy
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 17, 2013, 01:10:44 PM »

Hi Friends!

For the past year I've been working on creating graphics for my dream game. As my real life became busier I had to put the project on hold. Due to a fortuitous turn of events I'm now unemployed and have a lot of free time on my hands. As such, I can continue working on my art assets. Unfortunately, I don't know how to program and my graphics are going unused.

My Style:
90's Nintendo Pixel Art, with an emphasis on the Game Boy aesthetics. My Game Boy used to be an extension of my right hand. This art style in my opinion is perfect for Android Apps.

The Game I want to Make:
An Action RPG, with real-time arcade combat. Similar in style to Diablo II but with Zelda/Final Fantasy graphics, and with the following features:

• A navigable fixed Overhead Map similar to SMB3 and Super Mario World, from which the player accesses levels.
  • Each level would be randomly generated, as would the monsters within in.
  • Loot, armor, and items would all be RNG.
  • Permadeath a throw-back to a time when you couldn't save games (but you can save your progress in this game). Permadeath is a feature well suited to the world of Apps, when your average player may only want to devote 10-20 minutes at a time to gaming.
    • Single-player. Potential for player to player trading of characters or 1 on 1 pvp match, depending on the feasibility and ease of programming such features (Nothing too fancy, think original Pokemon).
    • Collecting. Players collect "characters" akin to how one would collect "lives" in an Arcade Game. If the Player runs out of characters, it's Game Over.

What I Have:
    - 4 animated Sprite Sheets; each of a different character race containing 12 unique faces & 12 unique armors.
    - 7 tilesets, perfect for Random Dungeon Generation (2 caves, 2 forests, 1 beach, 1 lava-land, 2 caves, 1 underwater, 3 dungeons).

What I'm Working On:
    - 8 more character sprite sheets, for a total of 12 character races, each with 12 unique faces and 12 unique armors
    - 12 unique weapon types, with 5-10 unique skins.

Once finished we would submit the game to the App Store, and split the profits 50/50.

Ideally, I'd like to create a whole family of games that take place in the same Universe. I'd like to collaborate with the Programmer on building this World, and the games that take place within it.

If this doesn't sound like the type of game you'd like to make, but you like my art style, I'd also be open to a work exchange where you program for me and I draw for you.

If this doesn't sound like the type of game you'd like to make, and you don't like my art style, thanks for reading anyway!

Examples:

freedomforge
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 06:55:51 PM »

Hi, I'm an experienced android game developer and I can help out with your project.  I have an indie game on the app store, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.freedomforge.skyriot&hl=en

I definitely could help with the coding side.  You don't have much information on your game design.  If you want to talk more I will PM a toll free number to reach me on and we can chat.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic