Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411595 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: FightingFoxGame

May 07, 2024, 04:52:18 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsLooking for programmers for a series of small simple games
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for programmers for a series of small simple games  (Read 1292 times)
matwek
« on: February 24, 2013, 11:45:42 AM »

I’ve seen a lot of people here trying the ‘one game a month’ challenge and I wanted to try something myself to improve productivity. The idea is slightly different in that I intend to make a different game from four different styles/era of gaming, each with their own deadline.

1 Month – Early 80’s Arcade game
2 Months – Gameboy Puzzle
3 Months – Master System/NES era
4 Months – Genesis/SNES era

I have the first two games fully formed (mainly because they’re both relatively simple) and I have ideas for the other two. The problem is that I’m only a pixel artist and can’t program myself; I’m posting here to see if anyone would be interested in helping out with one or more of the games?

I don’t expect too much of a response at the moment as I haven’t got much info yet but I’m hoping to update this topic with full game design documents soon, along with the art I’m going to use. I won’t be sticking to the strict limitations of each of the eras but they will be closely inspired by them. Additionally the last two won’t be full games, just a couple of levels to help keep production time down.
Anyway enough about the project, here is a bit about me…

I’m an experienced pixel artist and have created assets for a variety of projects.
I have worked for amateur game makers, start-up companies, various flash game sites, and even a few people more established within the industry. I also have experience of designing games for other people along with a couple of my own already released onto the iPhone store and 4 others nearing the end of their development. You can find examples of my work here…
http://www.facebook.com/matwekpixel

If anyone is interested then feel free to get in contact via email ([email protected]) and I’ll pick the person best suited to each project.
In the meantime I’ll hopefully update this topic tomorrow with the first two game designs.
bjadams
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 12:42:24 PM »

Loved working with Matthew in the past, I would strongly advise you to work with him if you're a dedicated and committed programmer.

Smiley

iOS & Android developer
matwek
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 03:50:30 AM »

Loved working with Matthew in the past, I would strongly advise you to work with him if you're a dedicated and committed programmer.

Smiley
Thanks, nice feedback is always great to hear.
I don't think we ever communicated via PM's here because I don't remember your User Name. What project did we work on together?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here’s the design for the first game to hopefully get people interested.
Its for the 80's Arcade era of gaming so graphics and gameplay are simple but to the point.

Ceres -
The player controls an ever moving ship that you steer with left/right to rotate; the aim of the game is to avoid the asteroids whilst collecting minerals. The twist is that each mineral you collect trails behind you like in the game 'Snake', meaning the more you collect the harder it is to avoid your own tail.
Game is played on a single screen that loops and the only feature really is a High Score option.

Anyone interested?

Once I get started on a few of these games I'll start a Dev topic to keep updates all in one place.
bjadams
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 04:17:06 AM »

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/blossoms/id478676125?ls=1&mt=8

new update with GameCenter integration coming soon!

iOS & Android developer
matwek
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 04:59:20 AM »

Ha, nice plug. I enjoyed working on that game, always fun to do something a little different.
Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 06:04:16 PM »

Got that position open ? , would love to work with you , get a little nportfolio , BTW , got 2 years of experience and I can get the game to Android or IOS ... Just e-mail me :-D
[email protected]
matwek
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 04:14:02 AM »

The Arcade style game is almost finished, thought I would post it here for a bit of feedback.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19025642/Ceres/KBSteer/KBSteer.html

Use left and right to rotate your ship.
Collect the gems and avoid the rocks.
As your trail of gems gets longer you also have to avoid the tail you leave benind (like snake).

I think I might set up a proper dev blog soon for these little games.
Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 05:37:10 PM »

It was awesome to work with him :D

Definitely a talent !

He made pretty much all the art but the Gui in the game !

http://gamejolt.com/games/shooter/bullet-hell/13135/

kudos to him !
matwek
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 09:35:21 AM »

It was awesome to work with him :D

Definitely a talent !
He made pretty much all the art but the Gui in the game !

http://gamejolt.com/games/shooter/bullet-hell/13135/

kudos to him !
Thanks, was fun working with someone who works quickly.

I would like to add though that the game still suffers from compressed graphics. It would be really great if you could prepost the game with the origonal sized sprites I created for you.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic