Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411589 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 07, 2024, 02:36:05 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsNeed a level designer for a 3D arcade style game - Project Burst
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Need a level designer for a 3D arcade style game - Project Burst  (Read 668 times)
dre38w
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: February 26, 2013, 02:53:26 PM »

Hello, forum!

My name is Drew and I'm a programmer and a designer.  I am part of a small team consisting of dedicated, talented people.  Artists (both 2D and 3D), designers, a sound engineer and a programmer (me).  But we have an important position that needs to be filled.  Level designer.

The project we're working on is called Project Burst.  (We're debating on a more official name but that'll work for now)  It's a 3D arcade style game, and in most levels there are some platforming elements.  We have a cartoon-ish bubbly art style we're shooting for.  Right now we have some placeholders to get the general art direction across.  We have a working prototype that shows off the core gameplay mechanics.

I'll elaborate more on the game itself.  The player will control a ball.  Roll around a vibrant world and utilizing a boost ability to knock other balls into various holes.  The player can jump and combining that with air boosting will create some interesting platforming.

We have a few level concepts written out so you won't be going in blind.  The levels will amplify the affect the game mechanics have on the player.  But we sort of lack that skill to actually piece these level concepts together.

What I am ideally looking for is a novice or someone with less experience but enough skill to bring something to the table.  I personally find it fun to work with a novice and I also like giving them MORE experience and something to put in a portfolio.  But regardless of the degree of experience, we're in need of a level designer.

If you are interested and would like to hear more Skype me at dre38w or send me a PM.

Thanks and looking forward to working with you.  Whoever you may be.

Here is the link to the demo.  The boost is far too strong but I'll work that out later.  It gets the point across.  W and S to move forward or backwards respectively.  Left shift for quick stop and left mouse button for boost ability.  Have fun!
http://dre38w.weebly.com/
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 03:40:28 PM by dre38w » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic