Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411573 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 04:01:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsLegend of Equip Pants - Play Now on Web
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Legend of Equip Pants - Play Now on Web  (Read 12817 times)
zachstronaut
Level 0

Legend of Equip > Pants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2013, 07:10:51 PM »

Will I be able to equip and unequip my pants mid battle?

Heh  Corny Laugh

And to actually answer your question, there's no turn based combat in the first two episodes.  But eventually yes the idea is that switching pants changes your powers.   Need stronger pants?  Get them tempered by the pantsmith!  Etc.

adganong
Level 0

Motif

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2013, 08:15:44 PM »

Excellent idea. I enjoy the underwear wolf as well. So many puns to made in this Game! So little time...
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2013, 08:24:59 PM »

I can't wait to attack the Denim Demon to steal his Jeanie's lamp.
zachstronaut
Level 0

Legend of Equip > Pants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2013, 11:14:34 PM »

I can't wait to attack the Denim Demon to steal his Jeanie's lamp.

HA! Funny you should mention that... I thought it would be fun to have Dwarves mining denim... and they could delve too deep and too greedily...  Wizard

Excellent idea. I enjoy the underwear wolf as well. So many puns to made in this Game! So little time...

As you can see, the puns are a-plenty.  I've got lots of episodes I'd love to do, but it takes me some time to put them together.

Thanks for the kind words.  I hope you join me on this long, enduring quest to release many ridiculous episodes.

jO
Level 4

Adventure awaits!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2013, 05:57:10 AM »

And now, a happy little tree...

No, that is not a happy tree at all. He is all sad and cries leaves.  Cry

I love where this game is going. /following

zachstronaut
Level 0

Legend of Equip > Pants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2013, 05:09:27 PM »

I just submitted the iOS version to Apple for approval.  Screamy

Episodes 1 and 2 are in this release.

I'll post a backlog of juicy teaser and devlog materials here now that I've gotten to the approval waiting game stage.  And next after that: Facebook and Chrome Store versions for people to play on Win/Mac/Linux.  Maybe a little sleep in there somewhere.

Gentleman

zachstronaut
Level 0

Legend of Equip > Pants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2013, 03:35:59 PM »

Alright, so as I said, I've submitted The Legend of Equip > Pants to Apple for iOS approval.  At launch there will be two episodes.  Next, I will be working on the Facebook/Chrome Store release for Windows/Mac/Linux people.

I've updated the first/main post in this thread with a bunch of new information, including more information about Gameplay and Story.

Now that I've submitted... I will just sit here in the Inn of the PANTSing Pony waiting for approval.   Who, Me?

There I am, sitting at a table on the left.  I've put myself into my game as a sprite.  You will find me in the Inn in Episode 1.

I've decided to make the game free.  The Inn sells drinks which function as a tip jar / pay-what-you-want.  I've also included what I think is a pretty ridiculous In-App Purchase unlockable story element.  I think you'll see my sense of humor about the whole DLC/freemium thing when you encounter the "Story Store."  Players will be able to have a full game experience without paying for unlocks.

I got real busy finishing everything up for submission.  I think where I left off on my progress updates was that I had to do a lot of the iOS integration stuff, payment stuff (as you saw now above), and boring menus and things.  Here are the boring menus and things:

Make sure to check out the first post in this thread for other updates.

zachstronaut
Level 0

Legend of Equip > Pants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2013, 11:57:18 AM »

Release date set for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch: Thursday, November 21. It will be free.

I'm hoping to also hit the Chrome store for Win/Mac/Linux that day, but otherwise coming soon!

zachstronaut
Level 0

Legend of Equip > Pants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2013, 12:54:30 PM »

Thanks to all of you who have been tracking me working on this game!  I'm excited to announce that Episodes 1 and 2 are available FREE right now for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.  My next release will be in the Chrome Store for Windows/Linux/Mac desktop.

The response has been very positive so far.  I got some press on Touch Arcade, and I had over 700 unique players by 10am this morning.  That's way beyond my expectations!  Shocked  I can't wait to see the final count for my first day.

This has been a long time coming, and this is my first commercial game release, so I'm very excited to be able to share it with you.  As I've said before, this is only the beginning.  I'm starting a whole game series here, and together we can make it something great.

If you have any feedback for me… bugs, improvements, episode ideas, dreams for the future of the series, please let me know!  If you love the game, please share it with your friends!

Next up for me is to work on Episode 3. I will continue to DevLog here as I make more episodes.  Here is your first Episode 3 teaser:

And so begins my journey to create many episodes of video game adventure in the strange Land of Equip > Pants. As I venture forth into this unexplored world, I will discover new stories, gameplay, and pixel art to share with you.

I need players like you to join me on this quest. Together we will create a wonderful new series!

zachstronaut
Level 0

Legend of Equip > Pants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2013, 09:29:05 AM »

Finally getting around to putting thumbnails on the episode-select screen.  Oh, and trying to rush out a Pantsmas mini-episode.

zachstronaut
Level 0

Legend of Equip > Pants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2013, 02:07:12 PM »

I did finish a Happy Pantsmas / Panta Claus episode!

You can watch the video teaser on YouTube here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=855popN_6YQ

I made use of a lot more sound effects in this new episode, and I added death, a death sequence, and health potions... things that will be very handy for Episode 3: Pantsylvania II.

You can play it free on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.  I also hope to drop the Chrome Web Store version later this week for Windows/Linux/Mac desktop folks.

zachstronaut
Level 0

Legend of Equip > Pants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2013, 12:06:13 PM »

It is a Pantsmas Miracle!  Corny Laugh

Legend of Equip > Pants is now FREE for Google Chrome on Windows/Linux/Mac and there's a special new Panta Claus episode! What the what?!

With Legend of Equip > Pants free on the web, now everybody can play!
Join the 15,000 people who have played on iPhone!

Hand Shake Left Hand Shake Right

I made you a free silly RPG.  Will you play it?  Shrug

zachstronaut
Level 0

Legend of Equip > Pants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2013, 10:58:39 AM »

I made a data visualization video with the map data from the new Panta Claus episode of Legend of Equip > Pants.

I titled it: 2000 plays. 6000 deaths. 40 seconds.  Happy Pantsmas!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNCBZnxzaxw

I think it turned out pretty sweet!  Smiley

batcodr3456
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2018, 12:18:29 AM »

are  you still developing game i love it i play on console and everything but i love this game the most. More than cod or battlefield. I like how it is funny and great mechanics in art because of your great game i have stepped into game development. Keep making more episodes i hope you still work on this.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic