Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411673 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 17, 2024, 05:37:27 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralSad
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Print
Author Topic: Sad  (Read 19285 times)
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2008, 11:35:56 AM »

Quote from: Skofo
All I did was debate a point, and did not condescend anyone

It's the collected mass of anger and hate you created that got you banned, not just this thread. Glad to not see you! Beer!

And yes, kittens. Awesome. Kicking them is bad.

Lurk
Super Artistic
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2008, 11:37:14 AM »

Renton: The test is not to be taken like that.
The PCL-R is a clinical rating scale (rated by a psychologist or other professional) of 20 items. Each of the items in the PCL-R is scored on a three-point (0, 1, 2) scale according to specific criteria through file information and a semi-structured interview. A value of 0 is assigned if the item does not apply, 1 if it applies somewhat, and 2 if it fully applies. In addition to lifestyle and criminal behavior the checklist assesses glib and superficial charm, grandiosity, need for stimulation, pathological lying, cunning and manipulating, lack of remorse, callousness, poor behavioral controls, impulsivity, irresponsibility, failure to accept responsibility for one's own actions and so forth. The scores are used to predict risk for criminal re-offence and probability of rehabilitation.

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy_Checklist-Revised_(PCL-R)

Some of the traits mentionned in the checklist only make you a poor boyfriend  Smiley, but if you combine a lot (almost all) of them with the criminal behavior.

And I think a psychopath would try to charm and lie to the examiner, who would recognize the attempt and put it on the list.

And they call it antisocial personality disorder now. I guess that fits in the PC era we're in. Roll Eyes
Renton
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2008, 11:40:42 AM »

Renton: The test is not to be taken like that.

Some of the traits mentionned in the checklist only make you a poor boyfriend  Smiley
Figures. I'm a scorpio. Smiley
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2008, 11:42:23 AM »

Quote from: Skofo
All I did was debate a point, and did not condescend anyone

Of course, part of the reason he got banned was because he isn't any good at debating points. It's usually either "No, you're wrong and I'm right". Or it's just leaving out entire parts of an argument. He naturally ignored the greater message of my argument: "you can feel free not to agree with people, but don't make such a big deal out of it." Instead, he focused on the most subjective part he could find, and then attacked it viscously. Congratulations! Your opinions differ from mine! Stop telling people not to share their own opinions when you seem just fine with yelling out your own.

Renton
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2008, 11:46:03 AM »

And they call it antisocial personality disorder now. I guess that fits in the PC era we're in. Roll Eyes
I miss the days when we just called them psycho/sick fucks/bastards.
siiseli
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2008, 11:50:05 AM »

I think no kitten should be kicked. Am I one of the cool kids now?
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2008, 11:50:29 AM »

Posting on behalf of Skofo

Skofo is banned.  That means he can't post any more, so don't post for him.  He's no longer welcome here, even by proxy.  Nobody cares what he has to say, and nobody cares that he thinks it's unfair.

Skofo getting banned means we don't have to deal with him any more.  Let's keep it that way Wink

tweet tweet @j_younger
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2008, 11:51:09 AM »

poor sap just can't deal with not having the last word. i'd love to say i am surprised

The-Imp
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2008, 11:53:36 AM »

Geez, he got banned?

Anyway, kittens are cute.
My little sisters kitten is mentally retarded though, I can tell by the way she acts... Spazing out 24/7...

Oh great, shes doing it now!
 Angry
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2008, 11:58:35 AM »

My cat is given way too much nip to play with, which may or may not be my fault. Anyway, it's funny to watch it attack various bits of the carpet.
Renton
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2008, 11:59:29 AM »

My friend's cat Whore and I had boss fights. She never managed to defeat me.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2008, 12:03:20 PM »

I'm somewhat sad to see Skofo go, but it's not surprising.

I kind of agree with some parts of his argument here. I don't think we should look down on people who harm animals, particularly because kids do it instinctively; even Lurk said he used to torture and kill Frogs when younger. So I do think it's part of human nature. I do think we should discourage it, and not allow it in society, because it leads to a devaluation of life, but I don't think we should hate those that do it, or call them sick, because a lot of the time it's just part of their nature, even if it's an unpleasant part.

I also do think it's hypocritical to eat meat which comes largely through killing and torture (if you've ever seen videos of slaughterhouses etc. you can't deny it's torture), and at the same time hate people who "manually" torture: is having someone else do it for you make it any better? I'm not advocating being a vegan, I'm just saying if you call something sick when someone does it directly, but you do it by proxy, it's hypocritical.

And Skofo, if you're reading this, feel free to post on my forums and stay in touch; I don't like you but it'd be sad to see you disappear forever. I think in ten years or so you could be a pleasant person. Think of this as a challenge to improve yourself.

Renton
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2008, 12:12:03 PM »

As a kid, I used to shoot street cats in the butt with my pellet gun. I caught flies in masses and set them on fire in canisters. Some of my friends did worse things. Kitten in a microwave, exploding frogs, etc. I'm guessing it's a way of feeling powerful and superior over something since your life is run by your parents in that time and unlike them, you have no power over them and you compensate that power hunger with something.

I also do think it's hypocritical to eat meat which comes largely through killing and torture (if you've ever seen videos of slaughterhouses etc. you can't deny it's torture), and at the same time hate people who "manually" torture: is having someone else do it for you make it any better? I'm not advocating being a vegan, I'm just saying if you call something sick when someone does it directly, but you do it by proxy, it's hypocritical.

Seconded. I have seen animal slaughters en masse, since there's a sacrificial holiday celebrated here and slaughter of cattle out in the open, on the streets was not banned until a few years ago. My grandfather had me help him during one of those and I must say, it wasn't fun.
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2008, 12:14:56 PM »

Maybe in 2009 I'll do a poll and we can vote to decide whether to unban Skofo or not.  I still wouldn't call him a troll.  Just a contrarian with an abrasive attitude and a relentless amount of energy to argue his points.
Problem Machine
Level 8

It's Not a Disaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2008, 12:28:08 PM »

I'd say just set the ban to expire in a year. Can always ban him again if he still deserves it.

Lurk
Super Artistic
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2008, 12:29:03 PM »

I don't think we should look down on people who harm animals, particularly because kids do it instinctively; even Lurk said he used to torture and kill Frogs when younger.
Rinkuhero: When you're under 10 years old, you are still trying to understand the world, and do most of your experiments with life/death. I don't know though, when and how I got out of it, but it was like a snap, for some reason I just could'nt stand it anymore.
If I saw a kid knowingly torturing frogs today, I would crouch besides him and explain to him how tadpoles become frogs, losing their tails and growing legs. I would show him how they come in various shapes, how they are an old species on earth. I would'nt look down on him as being crazy, just ignorant of the world around him, just like I was as a child.
But if I caught a bunch of teenagers kicking a kitten, I just would'nt know what to do. I would be scared of them I guess, because the kind of callousness it takes to gang up on a kitten just plain frightens me.
There are some meat products coming out, with the 'humane treatment' label. I don't know how much faith to put into it, but I buy them anyways, because if someone wants to take advantage of my good will to make a profit, it tells more about his own morality than mine.
It's not about being better than others, it's about being better than yourself.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2008, 12:32:18 PM »

People develop at different rates, some people mature more quickly than others, some people are adults with minds of children and children with minds of adults, I don't think something can be bad when you do it as an adult but not bad when you do it as a child, or vice versa.

As an aside, had anyone heard of "crush fetish"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crush_fetish

Renton
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2008, 12:36:03 PM »

There are some meat products coming out, with the 'humane treatment' label.
You're killing an animal to eat it. How humane can that be? What, they give it a morphine overdose? Put a bullet in the brain so he'll be dead before the slaughter?
Ugh. Huh?
(We need a barf smiley)
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2008, 12:43:43 PM »

Its probably bolt-gunning them instead of bleeding them out, or smashing their skull with a hammer.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
BenH
Level 2

Dirty boy, wash your hands!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2008, 12:44:56 PM »

I still wouldn't call him a troll.  Just a contrarian with an abrasive attitude and a relentless amount of energy to argue his points.

I'd just call him a 17 year old.

And now some pictures of my cat wearing a duster!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic