Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411558 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 11:55:44 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignThe whole 'Starting Small' thing.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: The whole 'Starting Small' thing.  (Read 8226 times)
Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2010, 04:46:19 AM »

I finished 2 flash games and left at least 3 others incomplete. One of them was a fighting game, I used to make flash animations and was making a fighting game with the characters that I used on my animations, then I realized how much work that would be (at least 35 animations per character for all the movements), then I called some other animators and asked them to join in and put their characters in the game, I would do 2 characters and the whole programing and they would do 2 characters each. A year and a half later, I had my 2 characters ready and the game working with special moves, combos and everything.. but with only 3 characters from the rest of the crew..

Now I don't know why I wrote this story here..  Undecided
I guess.. if you're aiming for something big, you'll most likely need help with that, so, make sure the rest of the team is as much into the project as you are.

Start small, on Facebook, and you'll make big buxxx.
Is it just me or are the most popular facebook games kind of retarded?

You could try your luck and be the first to make a popular facebook game that is good! Are you a bad enough dude for that!?  Ninja

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2010, 10:49:04 AM »

I guess.. if you're aiming for something big, you'll most likely need help with that, so, make sure the rest of the team is as much into the project as you are.

Here magic happen

synapse
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2010, 02:12:13 PM »

Start small, on Facebook, and you'll make big buxxx.
Is it just me or are the most popular facebook games kind of retarded?

They also make more money than you could possibly imagine and take a week to program :O
siegarettes
Level 0

new week, new persona

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2010, 12:58:57 AM »

make as many games as you can. fail many many times. but make sure you learn from them. it doesnt matter if your game is good or bad. try to do something interesting and learn from it.

ive made tons of shit games and i'm just starting to learn how to properly create games. however, the other games still interested me and i learned a lot.

+1

glad you approve. the best way to learn is to fail after all.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic