Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411581 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 05:57:44 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingWaku Waku Blitz!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Waku Waku Blitz!  (Read 893 times)
Ats
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: May 23, 2011, 04:25:36 AM »

Hi everyone,

During the last year, I worked hard with my friend Yvan Taurines to create the indie game company Pix Builders, located in Paris.

I'm going to present you our first action/puzzle game developped for the facebook plateform: Waku Waku Blitz!

■ LOOK & FEEL ■

Here are some screenshots of the game:

The reward screen:

And the market:

▲ GAME RULES ▲

The purpose of the game is very simple and addictive.
Like in a Whack-A-Mole game, you just have to smash everything that moves within a one minute time limit to get the highest score.

But while smashing everything gives plenty of points, hitting targets by doing combos like in a Match-3 game is a lot more rewarding!
You can make combos by hiting the targets that way:

Playing Waku Waku Blitz will give you XP and will help you unlock new levels and cool stuff in the market. Get brand new shapes, some powerful weapons and change the background you are playing with. Each one will give you extra bonuses so you have to unlock every triangles, squares, circles, weapons and backgrounds to combinate your own powerfull sets!

Invite your Facebook friends in Waku Waku Blitz for unlocking new items and start the real contest!

● SOME VIDEOS ●

Here's a gameplay video to take a peek:

And the first two teasers:

and COLOR! (red)
(We are willing to take any cheap ideas for the next one about squares)

Our game is playable at this adress: http://apps.facebook.com/wakuwakublitz

As the game is still in development, we accept any advices.
I hope you'll have fun smashing stuff!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 04:47:11 AM by Ats » Logged
Ats
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 02:40:23 AM »

We have just released a new version this morning with:

• Translations to French and Spanish.
  • A brand new background to begin with.
  • Cool FX for all the weapons!
  • Items unlocking is much faster!
  • Addition of tips at the home screen.
  • You can earn coins by sharing your highscores and level up on your wall.
  • You earn coins by overtaking the 1st place in the leaderboard.
  • And MOST OF ALL, you earn a lot of coins by being the 1st, 2nd or 3rd of your friends to play EACH WEEK!

My problem right now is that, for example, chinese names don't show up in the leaderboard. We didn't include the extra fonts in the flash in order to keep the file lightweight. I'm searching a simple way to overcome the problem. Did someone already tried something like that?
flyboy95
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 10:59:51 PM »

I'd love to give feedback, but it seems limiting that you're using Facebook as your publishing platform. There's a certain stigma attached, and I would prefer a platform that allows me to play anonymously, like Kongregate.
Ats
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 04:38:59 AM »

Thanks for your advice. When we studied the publishing platforms for a game like ours last summer, facebook seemed to be the best option in the first time for two reasons:

• There are far more users on Facebook than on Kongregate, and Facebook wall post is a great opportunity to spread the word within the non-gamers.
  • We didn't want to have advertisement in the game.

Now I see that there is an API for microtransactions on Kongregate so if everything in our game is advancing fine, we will maybe port it over Kongregate, i-phone, android and other platforms...

By the way, I understand your stigma problem so that's why we're only asking for minimal vital information to save player progress and inventory and let him compete with is facebook friends that are playing the game:

So if you have secured your Facebook account information privacy correctly, playing the game is quite anonymous Wink
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic