Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411576 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 10:12:39 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingFire With a Riot
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Fire With a Riot  (Read 1426 times)
Zack
Level 0

i make stuff with stuff.

View Profile WWW
« on: February 12, 2011, 11:51:15 AM »

Fire With a Riot
Play it on GameJolt!

"Fire is one of man's greatest discoveries. Flamethrowers; one of man's greatest inventions."

Build, burn and wreck havoc in this simple, fast paced arcade game.
Features 25 levels and online highscores.

WASD to move.
Left mouse button to torch.

The goal is to burn everything on screen to a crisp!

Made for GJ's Invention Contest.

Any feedback is welcome. Thanks. Smiley

And before anyone calls me out on this. This time you have my word I did not intend to copy any other game's style. About half way through the game's development I realized it was looking like Norrland (doesn't play like, though!). But my plea doesn't mean people will believe me seeing as how something like this, a copycat claiming that his new game is original which turns out to be false, doesn't seem too likely. This time around it was just pure coincidence. I promise to be more original with both visuals and gameplay now; even if I'm not trying to copy.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 05:48:06 PM by Zack » Logged
Glauco
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 08:26:13 AM »

I have truly enjoyed the game! Gave me 20-30 minutes of gameplay. I just think you should add a bit more challenge in levels (some of them are just too easy). I also didn't use the garage - you could think of levels where new items are necessary for completion.

Glauco Roberto
Game Developer
http://grpires.com
Falmil
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 11:09:30 PM »

Probably the most fun I've had burning things. I enjoyed the chain reactions of spreading fire. It was definitely easy for the most part, but I don't think its necessarily a bad thing.
RichMakeGame!
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 05:23:17 AM »

hey, I kind of wonder if its running correctly on my machine.. I get about 1.5 seconds worth of flamer fuel, is that right?? (maybe 2 secs at most)

I find when I'm playing a level, since the tinyest of blasts of fire can ignite a building, using the flamethrower becomes an exercise in how fast I can click and let go the mouse button, and that doesn't seem in the spirit of using a flamethrower Smiley

i have a feeling my ammo is going down way too fast?

aside from that, I really liked the fire spreading and the graphics.. is that source code you have behind the game graphics heh, nice idea
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 05:29:19 AM by RichMakeGame! » Logged

Bootleg TurboDrive
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=30133
testers welcome: will do playtest swap if you need yours tested, PM
www.richmakegame.com
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic