Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 11:26:43 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralTIGSTWG V: Massacre [ GAME OVER ]
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
Print
Author Topic: TIGSTWG V: Massacre [ GAME OVER ]  (Read 31432 times)
increpare
« Reply #220 on: June 09, 2008, 10:12:54 AM »

Some people asked, so here're copies of the role-descriptions I sent people on turn one, they might help clarify some things that went on during the game (though, of course, I didn't tell everyone the truth about their abilities).  Also, there were some extra mechanics not covered here that I tossed in as well.

(personal game-mechanic afterthoughts that might prove advice-full to future hosts:

I probably wouldn't do anything like have the puppet-master character in again; everyone seemed surprisingly resigned to their roles as voting minions of a demonic entity.  I was sort of hoping for a witch-hunt, but whatever.  That said, right up until the end (owing to a few serendipitous coincidences) there was the possibility of any of the three main sides winning the game, so I guess it wasn't too unbalanced.

The faux-werewolf role was a weird one.  In the end, nobody really believed him (though if they had it might have made things more interesting), and, owing to hroon getting turned back into a human after he made his predictions and was killed, there's a good chance nobody would have believed him after that either.  And there was always the side of the demons anyway, and the chance that the humans would have to make a deal with the werwolves at some point if the demons got too powerful.  But nothing like that transpired, so. But yeah, that probably wasn't the sort of role that was suited to a werewolf game.

Don't know if I'd add any of the spurious role-playing elements (the professions) if I were to do things again: there weren't really important anyway, and I quite like the bare-bones minimalism of werewolf.

Subobjectives (and, indeed, unspecified 'rewards') didn't work.  I had envisioned that people would have been given special rewards at the end of the game, but when it's a case that people feel lucky to survive a single night, nobody cared at all to try for those extra goals.

)

Chutup, you're a sociopathic killer!

You can kill anybody who publicly votes to have you lynched that particular day.  Just send me a PM, and they will be dead as soon as I see it.  You can kill at most one person a day.   You won't reveal yourself in the process. 

You win the game if you are the only human left alive.

Shinygerbil, you're a human

You are secretly Corpus's lover.  You know that they are a werewolf, and they know that you are a human.  If they die, then you will die of a broken heart, and vice versa. 

You win the game if you two are the only two people left alive at the end.

Gummikana , you're a human intelligencer.  Every day you can PM me someone's name.  I will tell you the next morning what that person's role is (most saliently: whether they are a werewolf or not, and maybe other info as well).

You are besotted with Terry. As a subobjective, if you manage to convince/force terry to agree to marry you before the game ends, you will be given a reward.

December, you are a human werewolf-tamer.   Tamed werewolves can no longer vote or communicate with the brethren, and publicly seem to have just vanished.  If you do not have at least one werewolf in captivity by the end of the game, you loose.  PM me with anyone's name if you want to try to capture them that night.  You can do this at most one time a day.

Xion, you are a human guard.  Each day, you can PM me someone's name.  If somebody tries to kill them that night, you will be able to defend them.  However, if somebody tries to kill you directly, you will be killed.

Tantan, you are a human healer.  Basically you can choose to resurrect any player that was killed in the last round by any means.  You can do this as many times as you want, but once you do it you'll probably become a target for the werewolves Grin

BlademasterBobo, you are a human liar.  Owing to a 'blessing' placed upon you by a witch who you offended with your honest opinion of her accoutrement, every factual statement you make about what has happened in the game must contain one lie.  You will be rewarded whenever people publicly act upon your lies.

You also possess a vial of truth serum.  You can use it once on anybody, and ask them one question, which they must answer truthfully.  You can even take it yourself should the mood take you  Grin

Seth, you are a human psychologist.  You can arrange to have a psychological consultation with anyone, to assess their mental state.  If you wish to do this, PM me their name.  You can do this at most once per day.

You are besotted with Terry. As a subobjective, if you manage to convince/force terry to agree to marry you before the game ends, you will be given a reward.

Joshg, you are a chaste human.  As a subobjective, you will be rewarded if you manage to get to the end of the game while still single.

You have a brittle shield. You can use this to defend yourself against one whereupon it will shatter.  You can also give it to somebody else to use if you want.

Pigbuster, you are a werewolf dreamtinker.  You can affect other people's dreams.  At most once per day, you can PM me with three pieces of information: your target's name, the name of a dead person you wish to appear in their dream, and the name of the person you wish them to say murdered them.

The other werewolves are Kao, Jstckr, Corpus, and Hroon.  If you wish to PM them all privately, send a PM to
"Kao","Jstckr","Corpus","Hroon"

Kao, you are a guardian werewolf.  Once per day, you can give me the name of a person.  If the people of the village elect to lynch that person, then you will stand in and save their life (for that day anyway), in the process revealing yourself to be a werewolf. 

The other werewolves are Pigbuster, Jstckr, Corpus, and Hroon.  If you wish to PM them all privately, send a PM to
"Pigbuster","Jstckr","Corpus","Hroon"

Jstckr, you are a faux-werewolf.  That is to say, you're not really a werewolf at all!  But you do a highly convincing impersonation.

You will never actually kill anyone, and the werewolves can exclude you from their considerations if they find out your faux-ness.  You get to vote/whatever with all the other werewolves, and they think that you are a werewolf, as will seers, but you're not.  You count as a werewolf in terms of population-counting, but if humans kill all the *other* werewolves, you win as well!  (and if werewolves kill all the humans you loose Sad ). 

The other werewolves are Pigbuster, Kao, Corpus, and Hroon.  If you wish to PM them all privately, send a PM to
"Pigbuster","Kao","Corpus","Hroon"

Corpus, you are an undemocratic werewolf.  You cannot vote in the lynching elections.

You are secretly Shinygerbil's lover.  You know that they are a human, and they know that you are a werewolf.  If they die, then you will die of a broken heart, and vice versa.  You win the game if you two are the only two people left alive at the end.

The other werewolves are Pigbuster, Kao, Jstckr, and Hroon.  If you wish to PM them all privately, send a PM to
"Pigbuster","Kao","Jstckr","Hroon"

Hroon, you are a lone wolf.  All inspections to ascertain whether you are a werewolf or not will fail.

The other werewolves are PigbusterKaoJstckr, and Corpus.  If you wish to PM them all privately, send a PM to
"Pigbuster","Kao","Jstckr","Corpus"

Melly, you are a puppet-master.  You are secretly an embodiment of the vengeful spectre of democracy.  If somebody does not vote on any give day, then you get to dictate how they should vote every day after that.  So, each day you must PM me with a list of instructions as to who under your control should vote what on the next day.  If somebody does not vote some day, then I will send you an updated list of those under your control.

As a subobjective, you will be rewarded for everyone whose votes you control that gets lynched (See? I said you were vengeful).

You are allied with the demons Lazer and XotesDemons win the game when there are no humans or werewolves left.

If you wish to communicate with your fellow demons privately send a PM to
"Lazer","Xotes"

Lazer, you are a succubus.  You can PM me the name of one person each day distract.  They will be unable to use their abilities that night.

You are allied with the demons Melly and XotesDemons win the game when there are no humans or werewolves left.

"Melly","Xotes"

Xotes, you are the black widow.   Anybody who you convince to marry you will die on the night of your wedding.

You are allied with the demons Lazer and MellyDemons win the game when there are no humans or werewolves left.

"Lazer","Melly"

Terry, you are a chaste human.  As a subobjective, you will be rewarded if you manage to get to the end of the game while still single.

You have a bludgeon.  Anybody who tries to kill you while you have this will be themselves killed in the process (you still die).  Feel free to give it to somebody else if you want, just PM me to let me know!

Fifth, you are a chaste human.  As a subobjective, you will be rewarded if you manage to get to the end of the game while still single.

You also possess the miraculous cure.  You can use this on anybody once.  If they are a werewolf, they will turn into a human, but if they are already human, they will die.

Annabelle Kennedy, you are a human pacifist.  If a full day passes without a murder occuring, you will be rewarded.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 10:17:40 AM by increpare » Logged
increpare
« Reply #221 on: June 09, 2008, 10:16:40 AM »

... As far as I know, Kao is a guy.

You're getting IRL confused with the game.  Also:

Oblivious to any continuity issues, everyone is now female.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 10:18:24 AM by increpare » Logged
hroon
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 09, 2008, 10:55:07 AM »

From the werewolves view I found the faux wolf quite entertaining. When we were finally sure about his motives, we were already reduced to two real wolves - and I had everyone against me the next day. To my surprise I was captured AND turned into a human in the same night. I even was about to strike a deal with december to kill the last wolf and former ally KaoWink

The professions might work better if they had some kind of (minor) effect on the game and would act as public abilities contrary to the hidden ones. So maybe the keeper of hunting dogs could search for the missing people, the alewife could fill up one person a day and reveal their secondary objectives.

All in all it was a great game, especially the feeling that lots of stuff went on behind the scenes  - thanks increpareBeer! Thank you fellow villagers!  Beer!

december
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 09, 2008, 12:15:43 PM »

Good game y'all.  And yeah, i did seem to have the body count.  hoody hoo!

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
Lazer
Level 3

:S

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 09, 2008, 12:18:20 PM »

The professions might work better if they had some kind of (minor) effect on the game and would act as public abilities contrary to the hidden ones. So maybe the keeper of hunting dogs could search for the missing people, the alewife could fill up one person a day and reveal their secondary objectives.

I kind've did that in a way in the beginning. "YO MAN I MAKE CANDY CHILL CHILL."

December saw through that I guess. :<
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: June 09, 2008, 12:40:19 PM »

Holy Crap. Shocked

I think I need to join the next round. Jeez.
Xotes
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 09, 2008, 12:47:34 PM »

I must say, I enjoyed this game. Alas, Lazer, you were unable to join us in our final day of Annabelle killing.

I loved the end of game events, though.  :D

“I have brought you T, Master. It took quite a lot of searching on your Galaxy’s non-holographic communications network, but no man is beyond the reach of a Sith.”

Meanwhile, poor Mr. T was left to hang upside down in the middle of the room, informing us that we were both fools, to be pitied.
Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 09, 2008, 12:53:21 PM »

Really really fun game, increpare! I loved all the roles and the professions. They made the game very interesting. Beer!
Pigbuster
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 09, 2008, 01:00:36 PM »

That was insane (but awesome). I can't believe you gave everyone a special ability.
Did you make most of those up or did you get them from someplace?
jstckr
Level 7

ilu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: June 09, 2008, 01:07:09 PM »

Yeah, really was a fun (and weird) round. Thanks for hosting, increpare.

I failed a bit at convincing the villagers that I really know who the wolves are. It would have probably been more believable if I'd have shared the names of both the wolves, not just one. Since it'd have been unfair towards the wolves to publicly reveal their curse, I decided against that.

increpare
« Reply #230 on: June 09, 2008, 01:13:54 PM »

Thanks guys  Cool

Holy Crap. Shocked

I think I need to join the next round. Jeez.

Before this game started properly, Xion said he'd do the next one.  You still feeling so-inclined dude?

Did you make most of those up or did you get them from someplace?
All were either made up or variations of previous roles, just to see how it would effect the game mechanics (the intelligencer, for instance, is a variation of the standard seer-role in that the people they try to find out stuff about get told that their house was broken into).

I failed a bit at convincing the villagers that I really know who the wolves are. It would have probably been more believable if I'd have shared the names of both the wolves, not just one. Since it'd have been unfair towards the wolves to publicly reveal their curse, I decided against that.
Yeah; I know I put you in a bit of a difficult position.  Maybe it would have been more fun for you if I had made you a guardian as well Wink

Also, I owe a bit of an apology to joshg.  His death was due to an oversight on my behalf(I forgot he had a shield), but he managed to pre-empt my apology/efforts at reparation with a self-rationalisation, on technical grounds, of why his shield failed him.  I sort of decided to just run with it at the time, because he was okay with it, and I didn't want to cause any confusion.  SORRY JOSHG  Sad

Also, I have a feeling it's going to take me a while to get out of the habit of putting everyone's names in bold.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 01:16:24 PM by increpare » Logged
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: June 09, 2008, 01:30:44 PM »

Shocked
I guess I had a thing for dangerous women.

Xotes
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 09, 2008, 01:47:37 PM »

No ya didn't. I just slipped ya a potion. IT WORKED.   :D

“I have brought you T, Master. It took quite a lot of searching on your Galaxy’s non-holographic communications network, but no man is beyond the reach of a Sith.”

Meanwhile, poor Mr. T was left to hang upside down in the middle of the room, informing us that we were both fools, to be pitied.
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: June 09, 2008, 02:13:50 PM »

Fantastic game - I only wish I'd lasted a bit longer Smiley

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 09, 2008, 02:14:15 PM »

Evil

Awesome game, though I agree that 80% of the action was taking place behind the scenes, and a more balanced approach would have probably been better.

Also it seems I pretty much got the most imbalanced role. People were just too inactive and I got myself almost a half-dozen puppets. I think that it would be best if I only had ONE vote to get from each person that didn't vote, then they'd have to keep from voting again for me to be able to control them. You guys also made things a bit too easy for me by being so complacent. Tongue

Things that happened to me for the curious, as quoted from Increpare's PM's:

For some reason, your influence does not seem to hold over Corpus.

While pottering about thinking about whether or not it'll be possible to organise a search party, you stumble across terry's corpse.  Oh no!  He's been murdered.  Quite viciously as well by the look of things (lots of brains scattered about).

If you let declare publicly that you've found his corpse an investigation can begin, which will reveal his manner of death and his exact role/alignment.  The decision, dear Melly, is up to you.

Seth called to your house yesterday evening, revealing himself to be a psychologist.  You cannot kill him there and then, because presumably others know of his location, so you undergo his psychiatric evaluation.  You're not at all certain how much or how little you gave away in the course of the interview.

No sooner have you managed to clear that unpleasant episode from your head and drift off to sleep than you have a terrifying vision.  In it, joshg appears, and speaks:

"You must know the truth!  It was tantan, an evil werewolf, who murdered me!  My murder must be avenged!"

And with that, you wake up.

Enclosed below are his reports.  Enjoy Wink

Night 1: Session with Xion

Xion turns up to the appointment in the evening right on time.  Following a long discussion with him, I came to the conclusion that while he is given to falling utterly and madly in love very easily, that he poses no real threat to society.

Night 2: Session with Melly

She turns up a little late, agitated and uncomfortable.  I sensed in her a great disturbance, of the sort typical of one who causes trauma rather than the one who experiences, though I cannot quite imagine what it's exact nature is.  I find this very disturbing.

Night 3: Session with December

He doesn't seem to present any severe symptoms that would cause me to worry that he might be a danger to society, but it's pretty clear that he's been under lot of stress recently.  But then again, with all the murders that have been happening recently, who wouldn't?

And there you go. I feel I'll stay out of the next one and focus on other stuff, but it's was good fun.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
increpare
« Reply #235 on: June 09, 2008, 03:03:44 PM »

Also it seems I pretty much got the most imbalanced role. People were just too inactive and I got myself almost a half-dozen puppets.
Definitely.  One mechanism that I made a lot of use of involved giving people orders about what they had to do on a certain day.  I doubt I'll go near any mechanisms like this again.  If I were to implement your power again, it'd probably have been some automatic and mysterious midnight votecasting on the part of people who hadn't bothered to vote during the day.  I didn't much enjoy sending PMs to a zillion people every night telling them what they couldn't/had to do the next day.  Powers are good, orders are bad, right?  (I think I'll make that my motto for the next game I host).
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 03:16:13 PM by increpare » Logged
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 09, 2008, 03:58:00 PM »

That seems to be the case. You didn't give much option for the people I was controlling, and they didn't try to do anything about it probably because they saw no option. Since you're the GM I think they saw your word as law as long as they were participating.

I'd say that any powers should have more explicit weaknesses. Like I said, mine could only have worked once for each day the person didn't vote, that way giving them the chance of stopping me by being more active. Maybe I could also have had the ability to have only one full-time puppet, which would basically revert to the demon side and have maybe his own new ability that he could use to help us.

Seth
« Reply #237 on: June 09, 2008, 06:43:02 PM »

yeah, i definitely should have called attention to Melly's psychological troubles, but I (perhaps foolishly) didn't realize that choosing to examine a person would give me away.  I thought I'd be more clever than that  Gentleman

but everyone else should have suspected Melly when he barely talked about the reports!
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #238 on: June 09, 2008, 07:04:23 PM »

Before this game started properly, Xion said he'd do the next one.  You still feeling so-inclined dude?
yeah I wanna I wanna

OH SNAP!

I can't Sad

I'm going to Seattle this weekend. Unless you guys are willing to wait until next Tuesday when I get back...Nah, someone else go.

Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 09, 2008, 07:07:45 PM »

Mmm... I could... perhaps...

If I can get some good ideas, sure. But someone else might want to take the position before that, I don't mind.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic