Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411592 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: FightingFoxGame

May 07, 2024, 06:14:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralexactly why i detest activision and the new guitar heroes
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: exactly why i detest activision and the new guitar heroes  (Read 10504 times)
cyber95
Level 5

The Computer is your friend.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2008, 04:37:08 PM »

Harm.

joshg
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2008, 04:37:38 PM »

Ha.

these are from an actual radio shack in the ghetto
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2008, 06:29:34 PM »

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Lazer
Level 3

:S

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2008, 06:38:00 PM »

It kind've made me tear up a bit to see how Activision is wrecking what was once my glorious past. "LOL RAWWWWWWWWWWK WHOOOOO DRUMMERS SUCK WE KNOW MUSICAL CULTURE MANNNNNNNNNNNN FIRE FIRE FIRE WHOOOOO SLASH!"

Fuck you Activision. It wouldn't be that hard to hire a real musician for advice. Instead they'll settle with just spewing stereotypes that they don't even know the meaning behind, ruining art design, adding ostentatious shit that just makes the game worse.

I could go on forever about how they're bastardizing the culture I was raised on.
I'm about to rage so much.
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2008, 06:55:02 PM »

stereotypes
Sure it was a terrible, terrible, terrible ad, but a) it seemed more like a terrible, terrible, terrible tutorial and 2) stereotypes are what everyone knows, and they're sometimes funny. I mean, c'mon, who wants an ad with some boring real musician when you can have a screaming actor(?) who makes fun of real musicians and their outdated music?
Not doubting it sucked though, but I laughed until I realized it was serious. Then I thought "what the dookie?"

Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2008, 07:05:03 PM »

At least it isn't the handheld LCD version of Guitar Hero. You know it's good when it says "really works" on the box:

Okay, the DS commercial was worse. Activision ensured that I won't buy the next game when they announced that their drum kit had an extra pad to ensure incompatibility with Rock Band's.

Lazer
Level 3

:S

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2008, 07:30:59 PM »

I'm not even referring to the commercial anymore. I mean GH3 and all the other shit spin offs they're making.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2008, 09:31:57 PM »

I honestly believe they are squeezing out way too much that franchise, and that commercial was 'eh'.

BUT

I actually like that all DS unique features were put into good use in a way that doesn't scream "gimmick!". I really like the idea of blowing to dissipate the fire.

december
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2008, 10:04:23 PM »

man, fuck the ds microphone in all of its uses.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
Corpus
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2008, 02:24:55 AM »

I don't like the fire idea. It seems pretty retarded to me.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2008, 04:22:48 AM »

That was so much like the old video game ads for NES and SNES games. "Wicked graphics!" and all that lot.

Friendly Rhinoceros
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2008, 05:02:33 AM »

I'm over Guitar Hero.  I want Jazz Guitar Hero.  With Django Reinhardt and Wes Montgomery.  Then stuff like this wouldn't happen, because jazz is classy.  Jazz doesn't get caught wiggling or blowing out fires.  Jazz doesn't sign autographs.  Jazz has some business to take care of.
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2008, 05:10:40 AM »

The innovative cereal marketing technique has passed to game trailers! Full of breakfast groodness.
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2008, 05:13:31 AM »

Jazz has some business to take care of.
Jazz business is all over the shop.

Theremin Hero is the real deal.
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2008, 05:17:52 AM »

You want the real deal?

This is the real deal.
Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2008, 05:18:25 AM »

I'd play it.
Stij
Level 3

the world's tallest dwarf

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2008, 10:36:07 AM »

Theremin Hero is the real deal.
I'm over Guitar Hero.  I want Jazz Guitar Hero.  With Django Reinhardt and Wes Montgomery.

I would play both of these, being a complete progressive rock/jazz fusion geek. :D
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 10:38:53 AM by Stij » Logged
Etaoin Shirdlu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2008, 12:41:38 PM »

Gentlemen, please. There is only one * Hero game you should be wishing for.

Shambrook
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2008, 02:51:10 PM »

I'm gunna have to go against the grain and say Fuck Harmonix, fuck them hard. Fuck them and there stupid fucking Rockband bull shit. I hope the fucking fail and go bankrupt.

It's seven months after the games release and it hasn't been released down under. SEVEN fucking months. We don't even have a concrete release date yet. It's being rumored that its going to be a setember release. Thats ten months late.

So no, Fuck Harmonix, fuck them hard. There is no chance in hell I would buy Rockband.
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2008, 02:53:26 PM »

So you hate them merely because you don't have the game they released. In fact, you hate them because you know the game is good and you don't have it.

Huh?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic