Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411595 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 07, 2024, 05:37:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralBeyond Good & Evil 2
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Beyond Good & Evil 2  (Read 8422 times)
Jrsquee
« on: May 28, 2008, 12:19:54 PM »

Now sorta-officially announced by Ubisoft.  See here: (Kotaku).
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 01:00:15 PM »

AWESOME.

But why no love for the Wii? Why, Mr. Ancel? Why?
Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 01:13:51 PM »

Oh yes, finally. I'd already given up all hope.
I would've kinda preferred it if they kept the old cel-shading-esque style.
Moosader
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 01:45:39 PM »

Somehow, vast deserts don't quite remind me of Hillys...

Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 03:53:06 PM »

I'm guessing it's not on Hillys, or else it's on a totally separate part of the planet. I'm also guessing that instead of the loads of water and boating you did in the first game, you'll be driving around that (AWESOME) hovercar thingamabob in the desert- would be an interesting way to mix things up, at the very least.
Saint
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 04:05:52 PM »

That's why it's so awesome. Not that there was anything wrong with Hillys, but to me the promise of a new Beyond Good and Evil is interesting because it might take the core parts of the game into new and exciting territories, both gameplay-wise and geographically, if they were just remaking the first one it would be a waste of effort.

Loved how they worked the old theme music into the trailer, though =)
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 04:36:25 PM »

ooh, Awesome! I loved the first one.
I was gonna say it looked like a dried up Hillys at first but nah, when it got close there's no way vegetation could develop to that environment so quickly from what was once flowing with watery goodness, and the road, too.
The first one ended so cliffhangerly...
hmm.

Etaoin Shirdlu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 05:09:42 PM »

It's not often I get excited about a game, but the first BG&E is one of my all time favourites. I'm not sure about the desert setting, but you really can't judge a final product based on a teaser.

#1, The Pig -- Looks like they'll be releasing more trailers, hopefully soon.
Saladan0
Level 1

I am so Indie I beat Diamond Rider on Legendary.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 05:32:38 PM »

I just creamed myself....
Moosader
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 05:44:12 PM »

That's why it's so awesome. Not that there was anything wrong with Hillys, but to me the promise of a new Beyond Good and Evil is interesting because it might take the core parts of the game into new and exciting territories, both gameplay-wise and geographically, if they were just remaking the first one it would be a waste of effort.

Yeah, but a world covered in water was more interesting to me.  We have deserts everywhere.  Not very exotic.  It was just kind of a disappointment for me.  That, and Pey'j nose-swallowing a bug is gross. o.<

Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 10:35:05 PM »

Yeah, but a world covered in water was more interesting to me.  We have deserts everywhere.  Not very exotic.  It was just kind of a disappointment for me.  That, and Pey'j nose-swallowing a bug is gross. o.<
51 bugs :p

And yeah, I agree, I liked the water more. If they bring the whole photo shooting thing back, looking for animals in the desert might be slightly less interesting than looking for some on the ocean.
Except for a giant sand worm maybe.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2008, 12:33:44 AM »

The music implies a Western style, maybe with a bit of steampunk, which I think could work really well. But what I really hope is that you can visit Hillys and the desert planet and some more besides. But not too many, otherwise they'll all be lacking in detail.

Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2008, 03:11:05 AM »

Aww mans, I already made this thread.

Also: YES! MERVELLOUS! Bravo Yade. etc.

Desertification looks awesome, in our opinion. Fascinating places. Westerns! At the very least, it shows a world change. Watery Hillys was wonderful, but hey, nothing wrong with variety.

and, uh... Gweem! So Happy.
Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2008, 10:07:45 PM »

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=10709&Itemid=2
Quote from: Ubisoft chief exec Yves Guillemot
We saw with Beyond Good & Evil that so many customers were extremely happy with the game. We had a different audience at that time. We had more core gamers than casual gamers than we have today. We think the game was probably a little too difficult for the general gamers at that time. We’re going to make it more accessible and make sure that it’s really done for the new generation that’s come into videogames.
We had more core gamers than casual gamers than we have today.
casual gamers
casual

Am I overreacting or is this suit completely missing the point? Undecided

Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2008, 10:15:13 PM »

I remember the game being rather on the easy side? Huh?

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 12:09:52 AM »

Same here. It was awesome, but pretty easy and not too long. I hope they won't dumb it down too much. I have nothing against a smooth learning curve and easy start, like in Mario Galaxy, but I would prefer them to keep all the mechanics. They were simple and fun as they were.

Also, I like how the trailer shows a glimpses of Jade sitting there under this umbrella, without actually showing her. Good marketing there.

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2008, 04:19:32 AM »

From the quick glimpses, it seems like Jade's got a new look, too- I wonder if the umbrella is anything important, or if it's just a cool-looking prop? Maybe it'll turn back into the staff from the first game...
BenH
Level 2

Dirty boy, wash your hands!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2008, 05:07:17 AM »

I've never actually played the original game. What kind of game is it, and what made it so good?

TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2008, 05:53:19 AM »

A sort of consolish action adventure. Somewhat like a non-Japanese Zelda. It's hard to point one thing that makes it so good. There are many factors - it's just an overall great, polished and clever game. Few things though:

- The story is interesting and entertaining. It's also narrated and developed in a masterfully. The game itself is not too long - so it remains exciting to the very ending.

- The gameplay is varied and filled with lots of different stuff. Fighting, Zelda-like puzzle solving, simple stealth gameplay, shooting photos of stuff and animals, racing (!), secret hunting, aracade-style shooting, talking and playing mini-games. All is really well made and could stand as a game of its own. With the game being short and varied, it keeps you entertained till the last part.

- Speaking about technical stuff and production values, it's great too. Awesome graphics for its time (and even now they look neat), great soundtrack (Propaganda!), smooth controls, nice cut-scenes. Good stuff.

- The main character is a female and has more sense and less boobs than your average erotic fantasy.

- Athmosphere is great, characters are likeable and cute, baddies are bad and the story scenes blend very well with the gameplay. It's just entertaining to watch.

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2008, 06:13:59 AM »

I've never actually played the original game. What kind of game is it, and what made it so good?
The animal photographs. It's like Pokemon Snap, but awesome.

And also everything that Teegee said.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic