Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411595 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 07, 2024, 06:48:09 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralGames that deserve improved remakes
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Games that deserve improved remakes  (Read 10998 times)
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2008, 02:40:45 AM »

Oh great, somebody brought up Kid Icarus.

I think  Alex Kidd needs a remake.

Most of it was like a normal platformer, but in certain areas the developers really made some odd choices.

To get new items for yourself or beat bosses, you have to defeat them in: (gasp!)

ROCK PAPER SCISSORS.

The entire game is based around rock paper scissors. The final boss is a monster with 6 hands, each of which you have to beat in a rock paper scissors match. It's awesome.
BenH
Level 2

Dirty boy, wash your hands!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2008, 03:56:46 AM »

Rocket Knight Adventures on the megadrive, or Sparkster on the snes (but not sparkster on the megadrive, it sucked in comparison).

Neither of these games actually need remaking, I still find them as enjoyable now as I did when I was a kid, I just want a new rocket knight game to play!  Gentleman

Please Konami? I'll be your best friend <3

increpare
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2008, 05:01:58 AM »

However, for something that should be remade:  Sonic Adventure 1.  It was good in concept (that scene where the whale chases you through the boardwalk was awesome), but it had some major flaws that need to be fixed.
I haven't played any other the other SA games; I really enjoyed SA1 though.  What do you think the major flaws were?

I was going to say megaman in the style of the original ones, but then I wouldn't be looking for an improved version, just a different version I guess Wink

Dungeon keeper...hmmm...or was that already good enough?  Grr; I'm thinking of old games that were already plenty good instead of old games that weren't.  Grrr.  This is hard.  Going to have to go away and think about this for a while.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2008, 07:44:34 AM »

I'm thinking more like a sequel than a remake here, but Ice Climbers would be awesome on the Wii. The co-op play would become a drop-in system like Lego Star Wars, the destructible environments would be all physics'd, and the mallets would be controlled with the Wiimote. Remember how when the Wiimote was first revealed, everyone went "LIGHTSABER" ? Well I was the one going "MALLET". The entire conception and production of the Wiimote has been leading up to the day when we can use it to beat the shit out of yetis and penguins.

Corpus
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2008, 09:42:26 AM »

Kid F'king Icarus.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Unrealistic difficulty is cruise control for game design.
joshg
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2008, 11:10:44 AM »

The two Elite sequels, Frontier and First Encounters.  When I played First Encounters, being able to fly around in a realistically-scaled, friggin' huge procedurally generated universe completely blew my mind.  Heck, even the space flight based on actual physics was pretty cool.  But the combat sucked so hard that I couldn't bring myself to get into it for very long.  A remake that did nothing but fix the combat and spruce up the graphics a bit would rock my world.

Dungeon keeper...hmmm...or was that already good enough?  Grr; I'm thinking of old games that were already plenty good instead of old games that weren't.  Grrr.  This is hard.  Going to have to go away and think about this for a while.

Dungeon Keeper was definitely good enough already.   Gentleman

these are from an actual radio shack in the ghetto
AdamAtomic
*BARF*
Level 9

hostess w/ the mostest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2008, 03:32:34 PM »

I haven't played any other the other SA games; I really enjoyed SA1 though.  What do you think the major flaws were?

Everything in the game that WASN'T just running really really fast and flying through the air is almost by definition a flaw in a Sonic game (in my humble opinion of course!)

cup full of magic charisma
Jrsquee
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2008, 06:35:01 PM »

Everything in the game that WASN'T just running really really fast and flying through the air is almost by definition a flaw in a Sonic game (in my humble opinion of course!)

Yeah, SA1 was good except for all the 'adventure' parts.  All the overworld stuff got old fast.  I thought the parts with Biggs the Cat were probably the worst, though. Luckly, it didn't suffer too much from the terrible camera of the rest of the 3D Sonic games so far (I've got my hopes up for that new one on the PS3/Xbox 360, though)
Moosader
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2008, 06:51:55 PM »

I would really like to see more Oddworld and Commander Keen, personally.  Maybe remakes, though that seems a bit hard with Oddworld (the Abe ones).

Also:

Yes, I was too lazy to load in textures. Tongue

FARTRON
Level 4

the last man in space

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2008, 07:10:53 PM »

Syndicate.  It needs to happen.

Everything that was once directly lived has receded into a representation. - debord
Saladan0
Level 1

I am so Indie I beat Diamond Rider on Legendary.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2008, 07:25:36 PM »

Chips challange.

Ski-free.
moshboy
Level 8

i am the sick feeling in the pit of your stomach

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2008, 08:02:10 PM »

There's a load of games I'd love to see remade but not necessarily to improve their flaws..

Shadow of the Beast.. I loved the atmosphere of being in a strange land and trying to solve puzzles to get further. The combat system kinda sucked though. Some french guys started a nice looking remake but abandoned it unfortunately.

Rick Dangerous.. I've always wanted a remake that was faithful to the original with a graphical update and possibly a new level or two. A nice looking one was started for the Gameboy Advance but was abandoned, due to the guys not being able to obtain the rights to sell it. It looked awfully pretty though.

PowRTocH
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2008, 08:14:30 PM »

Yume Penguin Monogatari for the NES. The music was absolutely perfect. Graphics are cute. Could definitely be improved on though.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HLo9SqcnTSk
joshg
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2008, 08:30:57 PM »

YES.

William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2008, 08:52:47 PM »

But a sequel with a Z-axis couldn't possibly be a bad thing, could it?   Gentleman

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2008, 12:08:08 AM »

YES.

Double-yes.  Syndicate Wars was crap.

Also, Shadowrun, either for SNES or Genesis:

Annabelle Kennedy
Awesomesauce
Level 8

♥Android Love♥

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2008, 03:17:29 AM »

@melly

im so glad someone appreciated terranigma as much as i did.  ive been trying to hunt down a legit cart of the thing for the longest time.. ;-;
joshg
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2008, 08:42:35 AM »

But a sequel with a Z-axis couldn't possibly be a bad thing, could it?   Gentleman

Or a Dungeon Keeper roguelike, maybe.
 Wink

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2008, 09:22:31 AM »

Or a Dungeon Keeper roguelike, maybe.
 Wink

There's already one, it just has dwarves instead of demons and goblins instead of heroes of justice.

@melly

im so glad someone appreciated terranigma as much as i did.  ive been trying to hunt down a legit cart of the thing for the longest time.. ;-;

Yeah, I played a rom in an emulator. I could always find that for ya.

Hey, maybe someday we can remake it and play catch-me-if-you-can with Squeenix. Grin

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2008, 09:58:28 AM »

Earthworm Jim.

3D or not, just make it good damnit.

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic