Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411607 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 06:52:05 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDark Souls and Bloodborne
Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 355
Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls and Bloodborne  (Read 535061 times)
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #6780 on: June 16, 2016, 01:33:14 PM »

it has a really extensive mech building system.

*Raises eyebrows in interest*

Please continue

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #6781 on: June 16, 2016, 02:30:51 PM »

why is armored core so beloved? is it a mech thing? im not into mechs plz explain.
it has a really extensive mech building system.

*Raises eyebrows in interest*

Please continue

Well there you go

DJFloppyFish
« Reply #6782 on: June 16, 2016, 05:41:12 PM »

so basically more of that sweet build variety From did so well with dark souls? i can get into that.  Gentleman
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6783 on: June 17, 2016, 06:35:25 AM »

so basically more of that sweet build variety From did so well with dark souls? i can get into that.  Gentleman

x1000 different parts, colors, and infinity stats for the mechs. Armored Core is super good.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6784 on: June 17, 2016, 06:41:37 AM »

i've said this before, but i think the reason there is so much build variety in souls games is because from spent the preceding decade making build diversity: the game. i still prefer souls because i prefer worlds and simple objectives over segmented missions and i also prefer the theme/setting.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6785 on: June 18, 2016, 02:22:55 PM »

btw: im finally watching some lore vids of dks3 now. apparently the two ghosts you see in irithyll are memories of the dancer and vordt as they leave the city to become outrider knights. there are always so many neat details in these games, damn.
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #6786 on: June 18, 2016, 05:40:00 PM »

what obscure weapon should i use in dark souls 3/what weapon should i use in dark souls 3 that isnt a greatsword or longsword
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6787 on: June 18, 2016, 06:00:46 PM »

I mained the butcher knife with my str build. It's pretty fun.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6788 on: June 19, 2016, 03:58:03 PM »

tbh, dark souls 3 has made me look at anor londo and gwyndolin in a totally different way. i used to think gwyndolin was a scumbag and anor londo is a giant scam. both of these things are kind of true, but at the same time anor londo is the refuge of one of the last members of a dying race of old gods who desparately fights for his own survival. in some ways i think he probably believed in his own illusions.

at any rate, gwyndolin really didn't deserve the cruel fate he met in dks3 and it was sad to see anor londo in that state. even if it was a scam in dks1, at least it had some kind of dignity. and obviously gwyndolin is a much more dignified character than sulyvahn who is just a power hungry scumbag and DEFINITELY aldrich, who is one of the scummiest characters in the entire series.
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #6789 on: June 19, 2016, 11:17:44 PM »

Yeah it sorta occurred to me recently that Dark souls antagonists are usually either hostile by nature (demon, hollow, abyss) or corrupted/misguided (see: nearly every humanoid boss). Aldrich really sticks out because he actively chose to be a monster. He started out as a cleric no less too.

Still wish his boss had different visuals. I was honestly taken aback by how typical he seemed as far as dark souls bosses go, I was expecting to fight a burning mass of goo (yeah yeah ik he had a slug body but i fought quelaag and najka before so that isn't shocking). I think that would've be cooler hahaha.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6790 on: June 20, 2016, 07:55:39 AM »

So I went back to DeS since i dont feel like powering my laptop, and well, Beat the leechmonger and then the adjudicator. Both of them wee disappoingintgly easy, I didnt realize that the adjudicator could be properl;y circlestrafed before, which is why he is only dying until now. Ventured back to 2-2 as I heard I had missed some stuff there, and turns out... that I had missed a huuuuuge portion of the level (as I always went the freefall route); gotta respect and love how branching levels can be.

5-2... urgh. I like the atmosphere a lot, but by God, its so ridiculously annoying.

DJFloppyFish
« Reply #6791 on: June 20, 2016, 12:09:51 PM »

Of all the big open areas, I think I might like 5-2 the best. It's a really scary place to be, and I like how it feels like a spread out chain of islands in total darkness. Farron's Keep kinda lost that interesting atmosphere by being in daylight and surrounded by fortress walls, and Blighttown's swampy bit felt too claustrophobic. Forbidden Woods is just annoyingly disorientating.

5-2 is still not exactly fun to play through though haha. It's length is pretty brutal.

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6792 on: June 20, 2016, 01:34:10 PM »

yeah, i mean, the medusas and getting poisoned all the time is manageable. the giant guys? fuck them, specially when dealing with a horde

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6793 on: June 20, 2016, 02:36:14 PM »

whaaaat? forbidden woods is awesome and 5-2 is a poop and the main reason why i always do world 5 last.
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #6794 on: June 20, 2016, 03:23:24 PM »

could be that I've played DeS the least and I just remember things more fondly. I still don't love the forbidden woods, it gives me a headache. I usually try to rush through it as fast as I can, because I try to find all the items I will inevitably go around in circles.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6795 on: June 20, 2016, 04:47:35 PM »

I still don't love the forbidden woods, it gives me a headache. I usually try to rush through it as fast as I can, because I try to find all the items I will inevitably go around in circles.

that's the MAGIC

(i actually sorta wish the series had more mazelike levels like that, just don't make em poison swamps with reduced movement speed pls)
Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6796 on: June 20, 2016, 05:03:02 PM »

I love how the more i play Dks3 the more and more I realize where i currently am in relation to Dks1, i love how so many of the areas are built into/on top of the ruins of dks1 areas. It's quickly overtaken Dks1 as my favorite of the "souls" games

Right now I'd rate...(DLC sepearate)
and note i don't have the dark souls 2 dlc or the re-release version so i can't really comment on that.

Best Single Player:
1. Bloodbourne DLC
2. Bloodbourne
3. Dark Souls 3
4. Dark Souls 1
5. Demon's Souls
6. Dark Souls 1 DLC
7. Dark Souls 2

Best PVP:
1. Dark Souls 3
2. Dark Souls 1 DLC
3. Demon's Souls
4. Dark Souls 1
5. Dark Souls 2
6. bloodbourne DLC
7. bloodbourne

Best CO-OP:
1. Dark Souls 3
2. Demon's Souls
3. Bloodbourne DLC
4. Bloodbourne
5. Dark Souls 1
6. Dark Souls 1 DLC
7. Dark Souls 2

I only wish i didn't have to dust off the damned ps4 every time i want to play bloodbourne, i'd kill for a pc re-release, it's literally the ONLY ps4 game i own, that thing is a dedicated netflix box that plays bloodbourne now and then.  But god is that game worth it, i mean, it's basicly lovecraft + souls, ESPECIALLY the DLC

-Fuzzy Spider
Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6797 on: June 20, 2016, 05:06:17 PM »

I still don't love the forbidden woods, it gives me a headache. I usually try to rush through it as fast as I can, because I try to find all the items I will inevitably go around in circles.

that's the MAGIC

(i actually sorta wish the series had more mazelike levels like that, just don't make em poison swamps with reduced movement speed pls)
you know, probably my biggest beef with dark souls 3 is the lack of a ring to let you move freely in water, which basicly just forces everyone who knows the game to keep a dagger as an alternate weapon entirely to use quickstep through water areas. I kinda hope the rusted iron ring comes back in a later dlc.

-Fuzzy Spider
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6798 on: June 20, 2016, 05:08:46 PM »

you know, probably my biggest beef with dark souls 3 is the lack of a ring to let you move freely in water, which basicly just forces everyone who knows the game to keep a dagger as an alternate weapon entirely to use quickstep through water areas. I kinda hope the rusted iron ring comes back in a later dlc.

this is one of the big mysteries of souls game design. dks1 introduced that ring and it was really useful and nice to have. then all the subsequent games just... take it out for seemingly no reason??

also who thought the unbelieveably slow walking speed in dks3 swamps was a good idea?
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6799 on: June 20, 2016, 05:21:05 PM »

anyway, interesting that you think dks3 has the best pvp, seeing as how widely panned it is in the community. what's your reasoning?

i do like dks3 as a singleplayer experience, but not quite as much as bborne, dks1 or even demon's. bborne has stellar level design and mechanics that make PvE fighting really amazing, dks1 and demon's both have very freeform progression (demon's doesn't get enough credit for this, everyone just talks about the dks1 "interconnected world") so it's fun to just plan a playthrough and think of the different routes and stuff. i also love how even if youre minmaxing, there are different optimal routes for different builds.

dks3 also has some great level design (tho less consistent than bborne) and really cool exploration within a given area. unfortunately tho, the progression is the most linear in a souls game yet and for me this is frustrating. especially because the game has a lot of difficult mandatory boss fights. unlike in the other games, you often can't just try something else if you get stumped on a boss, other than grind levels (which i never do because fuck that). so dks3 is more exhausting for me to play than any other souls game.
Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 355
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic