Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 10:05:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)Website help! :(
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Website help! :(  (Read 4956 times)
adamrobo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2008, 10:27:55 PM »

Hey, ChevyRay. Freelance web design/development is my full time job and I LOVE ExpressionEngine. Super easy to use, powerful, and free for non-profit use.

I use it for almost every site I create. If you run into any problems, I should be able to help you sort through them.

Bad Sector
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2008, 02:43:09 AM »

Since my webserver (the one that runs badsectoracula.com and a bunch of other sites) has only 64MB of RAM (VPS restrictions), it uses a very tiny http server which serves only files and runs cgi scripts. All unmodifiable (from the users' point of view - like badsectoracula.com itself) are plain html files which are either hand made (like my Flash MOD Player) or offline generated using a custom program i wrote. For the dynamic parts (like the forum) i use handmade CGI programs (not scripts, so i avoid the interpreter memory overhead) written in FreePascal.

These are simple enough and help me use a VPS that other people dont even dream about adding a single page for a bunch of sites and i never had a problem (if course i don't have a massive amount of visitors).

~bs~
adamrobo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2008, 08:35:22 PM »

How's your progress? Are stuck on anything?

ChevyRay
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2008, 09:34:49 PM »

No :D

Bunch of life things attacked me in the middle of working on it. I'm in the middle of preparing to move to a REAL HOME and a REAL JOB pretty soon. Damn exciting!

I hate getting interrupted in the middle of something hard, though Cry because then I don't know what the heck I was doing and my rhythm is broken. Anyhow, I'll see if I can't get more of this done tonight :D
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2008, 12:29:18 AM »

I hate getting interrupted in the middle of something hard, though Cry because then I don't know what the heck I was doing and my rhythm is broken. Anyhow, I'll see if I can't get more of this done tonight :D

The birth of abandonware...
postlogic
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2008, 10:06:59 AM »

Just never. EVER. go for Typo3. Ever.
Oh?  I haven't even ever heard of it (and I have looked around at these things).  You have a regrettable liaison with it as a minor or something?

It's ridiculously complex.

No animals were harmed during the making of this post. Except one.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic