Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411582 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 01:40:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsProgrammer Looking for a Project
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Programmer Looking for a Project  (Read 560 times)
wyrmmage
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2014, 12:28:22 PM »

Hello everyone,

I'm a hobbyist game programmer who's worked on several little games of the years and even gotten one or two to a moderately playable state, but never officially released anything.

I'm looking for a game to join that I can be a programmer on. I don't have to be the main programmer, so long as I can have some say in how things are constructed and generally have a good time programming :)

Over the last few years, I've been working on several games, but I keep running into a couple of key problems, namely:

• The team falls apart before the game's completed. I don't know how much I can prevent this, but I think that if I found an existing team that's looking for a programmer, it might work better than me going out and trying to assemble a team, which is what I've done in the past. For instance, the latest game that I was working on was one that was designed to teach people Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, or French, but everyone disbanded within a few months, so it didn't make it very far.
  • If I'm working on a project by myself, the game doesn't end up being much fun. I'm just not particularly inventive nor creative, and while I'm good enough at coming up with overarching ideas for gameplay, I just can't really get even moderately fine details hashed out. It would be nice to have someone that has a really good idea for a game, instead of my admittedly mediocre ones, and then have that person flesh things out while I worked on programming them.

There are a fair amount of open source game projects out there that I suppose I could join, but I'd really like to join a game project where people are just working on it for fun, but would sell it if it worked out. That is, I don't really want to work on something that's goal is to be completely freeware. I know that freeware can be fun to do and is a great way to learn, but I've been learning for so long that I'd really love to work on something more for the project than for learning :)  It turns out that I might have a month or so of free time in the very near future, and I think it would be fun to find a project to work on during that time :)  Does anyone know of a game that might be looking for someone? I'd prefer the game to be 2D, and it'd need to not be for smartphones, as I don't have one and don't have much interest in making games for them anyway, but I don't think I'm overly picky on the gameplay style.

If someone has a shoot-em-up, a match-3 game, some other sort of 2D game, or maybe even an RPG that they've been working on or want to work on, please let me know; I'd love to work on one :)

If you're interested, please email me at [email protected], or send me a PM here.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic