Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411579 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 05:10:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingNut Buster 9000 - Work In Progress
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Nut Buster 9000 - Work In Progress  (Read 926 times)
kessler
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: May 23, 2012, 12:31:18 PM »

Here is a game I have been working on. I was frustrated with another project and decided to try out some peggle like mechanics. Here is what came out. Please give it a whirl. Shout out any cool ideas I could add in. Thanks tig friends!

HERE IS MY GAME
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 05:46:55 PM by kessler » Logged
android1989
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 02:07:42 PM »

I really like what you've got here. The colors and animations are nice. I especially like the explosion animation. One thing while playing it I felt kinda helpless as I watched the ball bounce around a lot with the first shot, and then barely any with the final shot. Might be nice to add something the player can use to redirect the ball at any time or some type of user input besides the angle at launch. We'll say something like a power up!

Great work! It was good 20 min break from coding.
kessler
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 04:09:55 PM »

Thanks Manbaby, I will make some adjustments to enhance its fun level. Off to the Imagination Machine!!!
RunawayDev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 07:24:27 PM »

There's no balls left counter, adding that would be a nice bit of polish.
I really like the different theme of 'snare drums need drumming' that I get from it. while the stars particle effect in the corner is good feedback, and brings attention to the score, I wonder if you could change the particle to something that matches the theme better.

while I like the look, I wonder if it couldn't be improved by introducing some elements that are different? Right now all of the objects on screen are variants of grey, except the slight blueness of the background. Might you not introduce some colors into it? Like maybe if some things were worth more points, they'd be a different color? Or if they turned a color when you hit them, maybe a desaturated orange? You've got differentiation by shape down, so if you differentiated by color as well, that could really add something.
kessler
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 11:22:55 PM »

Thanks for the excellent feedback Runawaydev! I incorporate those features. I have added another update with more control of the ball and a front and back end. Thanks again!  Toast Right
kessler
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 12:30:54 AM »

Ok I added some new graphics and game play let me know what you think.
kessler
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 05:49:52 PM »

Heya computer friends. I added some more to this little poo poo game. There is a bunch of graphical changes and the winning conditions have been adjusted. Let me know what you think of it so far. DONT PICK YOUR SCABS.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic