Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411658 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 16, 2024, 12:19:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsPortfoliosRuby language music composer/sound designer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Ruby language music composer/sound designer  (Read 403 times)
im_alive
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: August 23, 2017, 07:29:11 PM »

Hello, all!

My name is Lee Famelos. I am a music composer and sound designer based out of Vancouver, Canada and write under the name: i'm_alive. I use a program called 'Sonic Pi' to write music and create sounds.

This program is fairly new and uses the Ruby programming language at its core. Sonic Pi is unique in the fact that every sound is created through code. You have the ability to tell the program to do absolutely anything you can think of and then have it come to life.

What really makes using Sonic Pi special for video game music is its built in randomness functions. Code in some notes and rhythms and they will then be played back in a not so predictable way. This works great for "looping" musical ideas without things sounding predictable.  Anything from beautiful and flowing melodies to absolutely chaotic and explosive sounds can be created.

I am currently in the process of writing 100 days of music using Sonic Pi and have attached some videos for reference.

If you like what I have come up with and would be interested in having me write music or do sound design for your game, please give me an e-mail: [email protected]

*Also if you want to start using Sonic Pi(www.sonic-pi.net), I would be happy to show you what I have learned. I'm absolutely excited about this program and what can be done with it.

Cheers, and best of luck to everyone with their projects.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic