Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411572 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 11:24:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDark Souls and Bloodborne
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 355
Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls and Bloodborne  (Read 534632 times)
Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3720 on: April 30, 2014, 01:45:52 AM »

That guy on the right side of the forest in Huntsman's Copse is a bitch. He moves so fast, attacks fast yet hits hard AND he has good range. Also fought the Skeleton Lords. Second try killed all three lords and thought I was past the hard part, then got steamrolled. I also like that this game makes it really hard to rage quit. I die and think, "Ah fuck it, I'm done for the day." Then I realize I need to do my retrieval first and end up playing for another hour.

Oh, when I walked into Heide's Tower of Flames for the first time, I panicked and just ran past all the enemies. Finally reached Dragonrider, panicked again and dodged left when he lunged at me... then he fell of the edge. Feel like I cheated that whole place.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #3721 on: April 30, 2014, 01:47:41 AM »

your bloodstain remains if you quit.

that reminds me i played through half of demons souls thinking that returning to the nexus would make the bloodstain disappear haha
Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3722 on: April 30, 2014, 01:48:29 AM »

your bloodstain doesn't disappear if you quit.
Yeah, but if I get off I'll probably forget where it was and die trying to find it.

SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3723 on: April 30, 2014, 09:59:08 AM »

I recently killed Vendrick. The key was using a fast weapon instead of my usual greatsword. I just didnt have enough time to strafe with the latter.

I accidentally freed Navlaan so now i gotta wait for NG+ to do his quests Cry

Someone didn't read the 10 messages on the ground saying don't pull this lever  Cheesy

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #3724 on: April 30, 2014, 10:07:43 AM »

Someone didn't read the 10 messages on the ground saying don't pull this lever  Cheesy
reverse psychology

(that's literally the reason i freed him on my first playthrough btw)
Dragonmaw
« Reply #3725 on: April 30, 2014, 01:25:12 PM »

rat king + doors of pharros + sorcerer is just

unfair to the invader lmao
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3726 on: April 30, 2014, 01:29:44 PM »

at drangleic castle

i really struggled with the old iron king for some reason

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #3727 on: April 30, 2014, 01:56:56 PM »

the old iron king is easy as piss but i still died to him a couple times because i kept accidentally rolling into the lava

he's basically this game's iron golem haha
Blambo
« Reply #3728 on: April 30, 2014, 03:43:53 PM »

So I finally picked up this game. I'm only ten minutes in, but it looks way cleaner than Dark Souls, and I feel less like I'm about to get jumped.

This will obviously change later.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #3729 on: April 30, 2014, 04:37:20 PM »

oh wow doors of pharros is 1 area that REALLY profited from the pc graphics upgrade. harvest valley looks way better now as well.

earthen peak and shaded ruins are still a bit ugly tho.

(click to enlarge)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 04:44:25 PM by C.A. Silbereisen » Logged
Dragonmaw
« Reply #3730 on: April 30, 2014, 05:19:29 PM »

the old iron king is easy as piss but i still died to him a couple times because i kept accidentally rolling into the lava

he's basically this game's iron golem haha

he's the easiest of the four old souls, by far. also much, much easier than his miniboss (the smelter demon)
Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3731 on: May 01, 2014, 12:14:31 AM »

Would someone mind explaining the stats to me? I fucked up.

When I started allocating points originally I thought strength made all of my attacks stronger and dexterity made me faster. I've been doing okay. Now that I'm level 40ish, I decided I should look more into it and reallocate the points using the Soul Vessel. So I looked it up and got the impression that dexterity increases damage done by ranged weapons and one-handed swords. So I put a ton of points into that. Then I read that ADP puts up Agility, so I put a bunch in that (which I previously had none in). I also saw that END was good to put up for me, So I put some in that. Thinking now I'm going to kick some ass, I went out and found out I do less damage, dodge MUCH slower and take less damage. I have MORE agility... but I dodge slower. I'm extremely confused. I'm much worse in combat now and don't have a soul vessel to fix it.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #3732 on: May 01, 2014, 01:24:28 AM »

First things first, you can press you can press "select" or "back" or whatever the button is called on the controller you're using in any stat screen to see what each stat does.

Basically the 4 stats that influence damage are STR, DEX, INT and FTH. Those are also pretty much the stats that define your build because they dictate which weapon and magic choices are viable for you.

Damage works like this: The damage of each weapon scales with 1 or more of those four stats. You can see how high the damage bonus from a stat is by checking the letters on the equip screen (e.g. a weapon with an A in dex scaling is a good weapon for a dex build).

I guess the reason you're rolling slower is because your gear is too heavy. You can put points into VIT to upgrade your maximum load.

Also ADP doesn't actually make you roll faster, it gives you more invincibility frames while rolling and also makes you run and drink estus faster. Theres no real consensus on how useful the stat actually is btw.
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3733 on: May 01, 2014, 03:26:01 AM »

Also ADP doesn't actually make you roll faster, it gives you more invincibility frames while rolling and also makes you run and drink estus faster. Theres no real consensus on how useful the stat actually is btw.

found this out yesterday lol

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #3734 on: May 01, 2014, 03:32:20 AM »

i can't believe the amount of scrubs needing help with the congregation boss fight. welp more medalz for me lol. the boss only gives you like 1.7k souls too, so impact on SM is minimal.

srsly i just beat this boss 12 times in 30 minutes
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3735 on: May 01, 2014, 07:07:28 AM »

found this out yesterday lol

You don't roll any faster, but you start your roll a few frames earlier. This is very important a lot of people seem to ignore/miss this.

Faust06
Level 5

terminally laid-back

View Profile
« Reply #3736 on: May 01, 2014, 09:18:20 AM »

Last I checked I was at 20 adp (I stopped at 3 poise) and my roll always worked perfectly in pvp, but not as well with dodging some boss attacks, which I owe to mere timing anyway. The only significant advantage I perceive is the fast estus, but I wouldn't pull that cheap shit.
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3737 on: May 01, 2014, 09:32:12 AM »

I hate spiders. Also how this game seems to love enemy hordes. Summoned Ashen Knight for my first try on Freya just for fun. He was pretty much useless and got killed pretty quickly  Shrug

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3738 on: May 01, 2014, 09:33:19 AM »

Protip: Wear red eye ring, and a 100% shield and watch your summoned buddy (npc or otherwise) kill every boss for free while they futilely try to kill you.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #3739 on: May 01, 2014, 01:27:19 PM »

placeholder dialog from the beta files. this shit is hilarious.

also apparently dks2 was going to have a max carrying weight mechanic similar to demon's. glad they took THAT out.
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 355
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic