Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411567 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 04:57:59 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSpellBook Roguelike
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: SpellBook Roguelike  (Read 3418 times)
JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2015, 11:10:33 AM »

I uploaded a new build. It has some Bugs, but its a good prototype. I dont know if I like the spellbook now. it doesnt seem to work all that great. I am wondering if there is a way I could rework it. I like all the spells, I jsut think I need to rework them somehow. I am also going to rework the swap it will also be able to swap place with rocks, and I think it may stun enemies on swap.

JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2015, 05:22:20 PM »

Playing with a new mechanic. I want to focus on the spells, so as the player hand is related to their damage. It works similar to a health bar. As they take damage it goes down slowly and those spells become locked. It integrates the player health much better and also forces the player to worry about damage even more.

JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2015, 10:38:18 AM »

Going to upload a new build soon. It uses the new health mechanic which makes the game feel really tense. Just taking any damage locks your spells and really forces the player's actions every time you take damage. I do need to change up some spells, and I want all spells to have multiple uses. I have a swap mechanic that's neat, but needs a bit more to make it truly useful, I am thinking maybe I can change it to an ice spell. Sp you swap and the enemy you swap with will be frozen. It would make it a two prong spell. meaning you can use it to move yourself or Block other enemies. Just not sure i that makes sens. I already have an Ice spell that allows you to build an Ice block. I would replace this one with a power that makes a Rock. so I could add a "Earth" class of spells.

My final goal is to have a couple classes of spells and like 2 spells each. Then I can maybe make different characters, that have access to different spellbooks.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic