Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411585 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 06:17:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid WorkTouchup/pixel art/animation work for 2D platformer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Touchup/pixel art/animation work for 2D platformer  (Read 3972 times)
Strife
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: January 28, 2013, 02:01:20 PM »

We are actively seeking a pixel artist to help us touch up the graphics for our upcoming indie game Freedom Planet:

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=23793.0

We began a Kickstarter on January 16th and managed to reach our funding goal in less than ten hours. At the game of this post, we have raised over 700% of our funding goal and are well on our way to reaching the top 100 in Steam Greenlight as well. The game has been covered by such news outlets as Destructoid, IndieGames.com, EuroGamer, and the Danish branch of IGN.com and has been praised for its fast-paced gameplay, smart level design and catchy music.

I am the game's producer and I'm currently the only person working on the programming, level design and pixel art. Because I have to juggle a lot of different hats, I haven't had much time to polish the sprites and they feel sloppy at times. Therefore, I feel that adding another pixel artist to the team would give me some breathing space so that I can put more focus on the other aspects of development.

This job will require a lot of graphic work, but the pay will be reasonable. If you are chosen, we will negotiate the exact payment and how much of it is paid upfront.

We have about one year to finish the game before our intended release date, and there are a lot of sprites and tiles to go through. The most challenging sprite work will be with the playable characters; There are currently 3 of them with at least 300 frames of animation per character, and another 2 characters may be added in the future. There are also about a dozen significant NPCs and a slew of enemy robots and creatures.

For the most part, this will be touchup work in which you go through the existing sprites and graphics and polish them in your style. This should help speed up the process compared to other types of commission work. Depending on your skill with animation, we may also ask for your assistance with this as well, especially if you are good with particles or special effects such as explosions.

Interested? Reply here or drop me a line at strifenet7 (at symbol) aol (dot) com.

If possible, reshade at least one of the following graphics and include it in your reply so that we can get a feel for your style and how it will affect the game. It's not required, but it would help.

One last note: A Sonic the Hedgehog style of shading is not required and would in fact be discouraged if possible. A unique shading style would help us differentiate the game further from its obvious Sonic roots.

shadowAOD
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 03:21:03 AM »

I redid some of the sprites in kof style

« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 01:36:10 AM by shadowAOD » Logged
RadBrad
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 12:17:30 PM »

I'm highly interested in this, I'll post the shading pics up soon.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Delicious
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 08:16:13 PM »

Hey my portfolio is here: http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/17347.htm Smiley

Blah Blah Blah <3
Twitter - Zjdelicious
Strife
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 09:36:17 AM »

shadowAOD - Thanks for your interest!

RadBrad - Cool, looking forward to it!

Delicious - Sent you another e-mail. (Well, two actually since I forgot something in the first one xD)

RadBrad
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 02:35:44 AM »

Not sure if you received my e-mail but here's what I did to some of your current artwork.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Malloy
Level 0

Feeka

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 08:19:40 AM »

Those images are locked bro,

'Just postin cos I like pixel art heh
nikki
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 10:47:31 AM »

Don't know why but this particlaur thread seems bugged for me:

aomething about authentication  and “webmail1.ucs.ac.uk”
Faker
Level 0

Time for Action!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 04:41:00 PM »

Its great to see the project is doing so well,

Heres my attempt at touching up the character sprites, while still keeping in line with the colour scheme of the originals.

As for other examples I have these (currently very unfinished) animations.

These older sprites

and an overall animation showreel

and portfolio type site here

Hopefully something there will catch your eye Smiley

Oh and as for the error, RadBrad's image links are pointed at his own email attachments so it's asking for his username and password to access them.
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 08:34:23 PM »

I sent you an email. Here's my portfolio.

Strife
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 12:08:30 AM »

RadBrad - I'm not sure if I received it? What was your email again?

Faker - Nice! You have a clean style. ^_^ Definitely one of the better ones as far as character sprites are concerned.

Xion - Sent you a reply.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic