Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411630 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 11, 2024, 07:58:03 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsTIGJam: Winnipeg *Registration Is Up!*
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Print
Author Topic: TIGJam: Winnipeg *Registration Is Up!*  (Read 36372 times)
Nava
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: May 17, 2010, 10:54:23 PM »

1) We would really prefer it if you showed up, if you're going to register. We're ordering special tigjam Winnipeg tshirts for attendees and making arrangements regarding accommodations, dinner/snack plans, equipment needs, and everything else that comes with preparing for an event.... so if you registered and didn't come it wouldn't exactly be the end of the world, but it would be a reasonable hassle. We'd sort of be counting on your attendance.

2) We're still working out the details on this. Either we will find a Winnipegger for you to stay with, or we'll help you out with a nearby (reasonably priced) hotel with some other indies, as we have some money to help with such costs. Sleeping at the studio is probably not an option. In any case these details aren't fully settled yet :\  We're checking out the hotel tomorrow to make sure its reasonable price means reasonable rooms. There are no hostels in the vicinity that I know of that would be safe to walk to late at night.

3) I believe we may have a dinner Sunday night. Also not fully planned yet. Nobody is leaving before Monday, as far as I know, so chances are pretty good that we will go out. Many people are arriving Friday and leaving Monday or Tuesday.

If you have any more questions or want to talk to us about specifics, email us:
[email protected]
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: May 18, 2010, 12:53:24 AM »

We could probably spring for another 4 person room for 3 days or so, at the Marlborough (nearby hotel)

I think 5-6 people are already gonna crash our place.

A couple other folks have offered space, but I'm not sure if that'll cover it.

Greg and his crew will probably end up at the Marl too. Smiley

Bottom line: we'll figure out something.

KM
Level 9

KM "Shilling for CASH!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: May 18, 2010, 10:40:58 AM »

So the Marlborough is the place to stay? If it is I'll book a room for me to stay there. I can also go halfsies on a room if anyone needs a room to stay in. The only problem is I'll be leaving Sunday night to go back home as I'm only a few hours away and I have to work the next day. So they'd only be able to stay for one night.

Nava
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: May 18, 2010, 10:47:06 AM »

So the Marlborough is the place to stay?

Not officially yet. Gonna check it out first, will let you know  Smiley
Evan Balster
Level 10

I live in this head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: May 18, 2010, 11:22:21 AM »

Registered.  *Hopefully* gonna carpool with aeiowu.

Creativity births expression.  Curiosity births exploration.
Our work is as soil to these seeds; our art is what grows from them...

Wreath, SoundSelf, Infinite Blank, Cave Story+, <plaid/audio>
Nava
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: May 18, 2010, 12:50:34 PM »

Hopefully eh.... do you have an alternate plan in case that doesn't pan out? (just wondering, for planning purposes)
ChevyRay
« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2010, 02:16:09 PM »

Flight booked. Kiss First time I've ever booked a flight on my own, kinda scary.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 02:20:21 PM by ChevyRay » Logged
jotapeh
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 19, 2010, 02:42:39 PM »

Grrr wish I could make this. So badly. Have fun everyone.
PsySal
Level 8

Yaay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: May 19, 2010, 09:27:17 PM »

Ah, this was a really hard decision but I think I am not going to be able to make it. Really it's just that my partner and me took a trip to Seattle for two weeks already in May, she is starting a new job, I'd have to ask time off work (the Monday), and I'm trying to get back into the groove of life. Hopefully that doesn't sound too silly, but somehow the idea of travelling again is kinda stressing me out!

Well, anyhow that's probably TMI. You guys are organizing and awesome event and I wish everybody the best! I'm there with you in spirit...
GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 20, 2010, 04:42:50 PM »

We'll make sure that next time Chevy comes to Edmonton, you can make it to, Psysal.  Smiley

(As neither myself nor Matt are making the trip to Winnipeg either).
PsySal
Level 8

Yaay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: May 20, 2010, 07:05:41 PM »

We'll make sure that next time Chevy comes to Edmonton, you can make it to, Psysal.  Smiley

(As neither myself nor Matt are making the trip to Winnipeg either).

That sounds awesome! It was great to meet you guys at ggj, I've often thought about heading up to Edmonton if you did another jam...
GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 20, 2010, 09:20:04 PM »

Yeah, I think we're definitely gonna do something this summer before we all start moving away.
Evan Balster
Level 10

I live in this head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: May 21, 2010, 09:28:24 AM »

Hopefully eh.... do you have an alternate plan in case that doesn't pan out? (just wondering, for planning purposes)

Cram into the trunk if possible.  Tongue

If I can't come, I'll notify you somehow..?  You'll have an extra T-shirt.

Creativity births expression.  Curiosity births exploration.
Our work is as soil to these seeds; our art is what grows from them...

Wreath, SoundSelf, Infinite Blank, Cave Story+, <plaid/audio>
Noel Berry
Level 4

Yarr!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: May 21, 2010, 09:27:04 PM »

Should we show up Friday night for a few hours (like 7pm-10pm or something)? Or are we really going to get started on the Saturday?

Nava
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: May 22, 2010, 02:04:35 AM »

Should we show up Friday night for a few hours (like 7pm-10pm or something)? Or are we really going to get started on the Saturday?

We'll be doing some equipment set up Friday evening and then probably head out for drinks. I will be doing a lot of running to the airport but Alec should be at the jam location all evening. Feel free to join, if you want to set up your gear or meet people or hang out Smiley The jam proper begins Saturday.
Noel Berry
Level 4

Yarr!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: May 22, 2010, 08:50:22 AM »

Alright, cool Grin I'll drop by for a bit just to say hi and see if I can help set anything up. Don't think I will go out for drinks tho (Not 18 for a few months still  Huh?).

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: May 22, 2010, 09:19:21 AM »

Alright, cool Grin I'll drop by for a bit just to say hi and see if I can help set anything up. Don't think I will go out for drinks tho (Not 18 for a few months still  Huh?).

Uh oh :O

Noel Berry
Level 4

Yarr!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: May 22, 2010, 09:52:07 AM »

Does that cause any problems?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 10:12:19 AM by Drazzke » Logged

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: May 22, 2010, 11:53:14 AM »

No, not really lol. Smiley

feeblethemighty
Level 1

@feeblethemighty

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 23, 2010, 01:45:11 PM »

Just curious, but what's the timeline for the jam looking like?  When can we arrive each day, when do we have to leave, are there any important events happening during the jam (like the 5-minute rant thing) that we should know about?  Or is it all going to be pretty casual?

i make chiptunes, uketunes, games and more!  feeblethemighty.com
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic