Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411634 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: wcored

May 13, 2024, 07:59:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesMarvel vs Capcom 3
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 39
Print
Author Topic: Marvel vs Capcom 3  (Read 93216 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: February 19, 2011, 04:03:13 PM »

I think he means "traditional" fighting games.

But yeah, I guess I need a "soft introduction" to the genre. I bought BlazBlue several months ago and have trouble even completing the single player mode. I own Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom and have enjoyed that more than most fighting games, so if MvC3 is anything like that, I might end up getting it.
BoxedLunch
« Reply #681 on: February 19, 2011, 04:05:33 PM »

again i have proven that i am not made for playing fighting games. Droop
Yeah I hate that. I actually really want to buy this game, but I know I'll suck horribly at it and be so frustrated that it'll end up collecting dust on a shelf after a short while. I own a number of fighting games I've never really  played.

MvC3 is actually one of the more casual, accessible fighting games I have played. I'd go so far to say that it is THE most casual and accessible fighting game. You'll be doing kickass combos in no time.
sadly multiplayer on simple (all i can play), gives people button-masher syndrome.
keramago
Level 0

i killed a man irl

View Profile
« Reply #682 on: February 20, 2011, 12:17:19 AM »

I think he means "traditional" fighting games.

But yeah, I guess I need a "soft introduction" to the genre. I bought BlazBlue several months ago and have trouble even completing the single player mode. I own Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom and have enjoyed that more than most fighting games, so if MvC3 is anything like that, I might end up getting it.

minus baroques (thank god) yes it's a lot like it, and the characters themselves generally feel more dynamic and powerful so it's a lot easier to get into (you'll notice this much easier particularly on returning characters from tvc, like viewtiful joe who got buffed a lot)

also i'd argue that street fighter 4 is a much more accesible fighting game considering the bigger lack of need to actually do traditional combos
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 12:25:45 AM by keramago » Logged

~*~*~ i am cat ~*~*~~*~*~ i am cat ~*~*~
Trevor Dunbar
Level 10

Working on unannouned fighting game.

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: February 20, 2011, 03:44:42 AM »

Can't wait for Frank

Toucantastic.
BoxedLunch
« Reply #684 on: February 20, 2011, 09:19:03 AM »

i got a bit more into it. i accidentally was able to do the deadpool health bar attack. i felt so proud. Tears of Joy

i also tried modok. never. again. Lips Sealed
Trevor Dunbar
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #685 on: February 20, 2011, 11:01:59 AM »

i also tried modok. never. again. Lips Sealed
Seriously? He's actually like one of the best characters in my opinion. I actually really rape face with MODOK, so much so that if I pick him my brother will immediately quit.

Anyone else feel the game is REALLY taxing when fighting an opponent of the same skill level? I can play like 6, 7, 8 rounds plus, but anymore after that and I need to quit/rest.

Anyone else think that could have used Leon instead of Chris? I mean RE4 was waaaay better than 5 by most peoples standards.

Also- fighting Dante is incredibly ridiculous with his 50+ number strong moveset. I really dislike having to fight him, I want to dragon kick his ass into the milky-way.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 11:09:43 AM by Trevor Dunbar » Logged

Toucantastic.
BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #686 on: February 20, 2011, 11:24:59 AM »

Posting because I reeeeally want this game.  WTF

I know it's almost useless asking this, but are there character tiers in this game? I heard something about the developers trying to make everything even in this game to avoid tiering. But then again, most developers say that.

Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #687 on: February 20, 2011, 11:41:44 AM »

I feel that DLC should be worked on after the release of a game, not before. Locking out content that would normally be available is greedy, plain and simple. To be clear, I'm not saying it's a bad business move, by all means, it's probably fantastic for Capcom (or they wouldn't keep doing it), but it's still shitty for the consumer. With titles this big though, what does it matter, everyone will buy it anyway, just like those laughable $15 map packs on Call of Duty or whatever.
What you're asking for is really unrealistic. Asking developers to sit on their hands for a few months? It's not 'locked out content'.

I do agree that developers should keep the content away from the disc, just because people misunderstand the process of game development so much.

twitter: @docky
Pietepiet
Pixelhead
Level 9

hello <3

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: February 20, 2011, 01:00:46 PM »

Bought it on friday, loving it. Zero, Viewtiful Joe & X-23 is my team right now.
If anyone wants to play, just add me on PSN: Pietepiet.
Kramlack
« Reply #689 on: February 20, 2011, 03:13:27 PM »

What you're asking for is really unrealistic. Asking developers to sit on their hands for a few months? It's not 'locked out content'.

I do agree that developers should keep the content away from the disc, just because people misunderstand the process of game development so much.

Who said anything about asking developers to sit on their hands for a few months. I'm simply saying don't make finish add on content before the game is done, make it after, that's what it is isn't it? 'Add on' content, not 'buy the game and pay extra for the stuff we already did' content.

I don't understand how it's not 'locked out content' when it's on the disc and locked until you pay for a 100kb piece of code that unlocks it.

You're right though, it is unrealistic, since people will continue to buy it on big titles.
eva
BANNED
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #690 on: February 20, 2011, 04:13:40 PM »

kram the devs would be sitting on their hands.. the games are finished like a month before release. thats when they would work on postgame content. of cours this is how many companies handle it, idk how capcom handles.
from capcom i only remember that re5 multiplayer dlc that was a couple of kb.. idk when they developed it or if it was even planned to be on disc but one of the reasons was that sony/ms would charge for dlc bandwith i think so filesize matterd
i bought re5 without wanting a versus mode so whatever i aint mad

[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: February 20, 2011, 04:17:37 PM »

I still believe if your DLC is done near to the release date, it shouldn't be DLC. Is it really any other reason to do that other than pure greed?.

Also, I kind of really want to buy it now, but I truly don't know which characters I'd use   Sad  Arthur and... I'm not feeling Hsien-Ko that much now. Maybe Tron Bonne.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #692 on: February 20, 2011, 08:04:35 PM »

I still believe if your DLC is done near to the release date, it shouldn't be DLC. Is it really any other reason to do that other than pure greed?.

I don't think you understand how "going gold" works. Most games go to print months before release. At that point, the content is locked.
Kramlack
« Reply #693 on: February 20, 2011, 08:14:23 PM »

kram the devs would be sitting on their hands.. the games are finished like a month before release. thats when they would work on postgame content.

A lot of people are misunderstanding this. I'm fine with devs working on content AFTER they finish the game, even if it's ready for release that's fine. What I have a problem with is when it's done before the game is even finished and it's included on the disc by the time it's gone gold (ready to be mass produced and shipped). If you're locking out content that's already completed for the sole purpose of selling unlock keys, that's a load of shit.

Again, I'd have no problem if this stuff wasn't on the disc, but I feel like if I've bought your game, I should be allowed to use all the data on it, not whatever you feel like locking and not locking.
BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #694 on: February 20, 2011, 08:44:08 PM »

I feel like if the devs blocked it, they blocked it for a reason.

Having all the resources done for a character hardly marks their point of completion in a fighting game-- Balancing is a huge percentage of the work. It's my best guess that the developers weren't happy with the balance near deadline, so they shoved him back to be released as DLC.

Will we ever know the actual reason the devs didn't unlock him? Probably not.

So I don't see this situation as that big of a deal.
Why must such tiny problems be blown out of proportion?(<-- rhetorical question)

baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #695 on: February 20, 2011, 09:25:34 PM »

It's not just Cap here. A lot of devs nowadays are using the "DLC marketing" excuse as a covert form of inflation. The price tag says "$59.99" (OUCH already!), but it's not uncommon for a fully completed game to end up around $75-80 this way. And you can tell, because it's always conveniently packaged.

THEN, you have games that are using DLC in a genuine way, and it shows... because these titles continue to produce content constantly. Compare, for instance, the very limited amount of stuff in Marvel Super Hero Squad (which BTW, is "offered as a bonus" for buying the game new and not used - yet ANOTHER motivation behind it) to say, Rock Band games or Trinity Universe.

If MvC3 (or any SF IV) were REALLY interested in utilizing the true potential of DLC, they would have adaptive character select screens that would accomodate an ever-growing cast of characters; and would undoubtedly create and release every character from MvC2, and likely an equal number of characters not featured in the series yet. But I'll tell you what they're gonna do instead. About a year or so from now, they're gonna MvC4 us instead. Because that's what the "old-school" industry is used to doing. Just like SF IV > Super SF IV. And tragically, that's what consumers are used to as well; so they generally reinforce that bullcrap.

[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #696 on: February 20, 2011, 09:31:56 PM »

Shuma-Gorath is fully playable. If the 'downloadable version' ends up not being too different, then I think it's safe to say they're just greedy. If I recall correctly this is not the first time Capcom does something like this, I remember this exact debate going when Capcom released DLC for Mega Man 9 or 10.

So I don't see this situation as that big of a deal.

Because you can get better balanced fighting games with huge rosters and tons of 100% free customization options for cheaper. MvC3 is $83 USD here in Mexico, and I want to play it at least somewhat seriously, I'll have to buy every character they release so I don't have severe match-up problems because of lack of experience.

I can live without the DLC costumes (which ARE in the disc and don't require balancing), but again, you can pretty much change everything about you character's look in Tekken 6, for free, and it's visible online on both PS3 and 360. And it's cheaper than MvC3.

Capcom is pretty much taking advantage of the popularity of the series to charge as much as they want.
Trevor Dunbar
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #697 on: February 20, 2011, 09:45:53 PM »

Capcom is pretty much taking advantage of the popularity of the series to charge as much as they want.

I agree. I kinda just wish they had taken the Blizzard route and released the game with ~10 more characters.

Toucantastic.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #698 on: February 21, 2011, 10:34:02 AM »

there probably aren't going to be that many dlc characters. sorry.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #699 on: February 21, 2011, 10:38:25 AM »

It would be nice if they got Gene (GodHand) and maybe Venom in on dis.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 39
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic